Druid420

Free Will is NOT Free!

12 posts in this topic

Everyone runs around these days believing they are the operators of their life, that their free will is constantly implied. This is rarely actually the case.

Free will requires a conscious effort, otherwise all you are doing is reacting, and your brain is very good at convincing you that it was you making those decisions.

Therefore we should not blame people or get angry with them over seemingly mindless acts. Understand and give compassion - help them wake up.

Even more so good at convincing you when you think you are making a conscious effort! 

@Druid420 If you haven’t heard of Ramesh Balsekar, I highly recommend looking into his work. He teaches that a huge component of what we call enlightenment is the complete acceptance that you have no true free will at all and everything is predetermined by God’s will (or Cosmic Law).

9 minutes ago, Michael Paul said:

@Druid420 If you haven’t heard of Ramesh Balsekar, I highly recommend looking into his work. He teaches that a huge component of what we call enlightenment is the complete acceptance that you have no true free will at all and everything is predetermined by God’s will (or Cosmic Law).

Let me tell you a secret, You are God. 

1 hour ago, Shadowraix said:

Even more so good at convincing you when you think you are making a conscious effort! 

Not really so, maintaining conscious effort always is very hard - that's why meditation is good, it strengthens that. 

As it stands for most people, their pre existing delusions may lead them to direct their conscious efforts in the wrong direction, then they'll turn off and spin down a hole completely unawares. If you blindly drive the wrong way down traffic you're bound to have a few nasty collisions. 

If you want to change direction it takes time and effort. After going one direction for so long you can't just consciously decide 'lets go this way now' once and expect it to happen effortlessly. However, after some time and the right intent you will find everything to be effortless.

Edited by Druid420

10 minutes ago, Druid420 said:

Let me tell you a secret, You are God. 

I should have specified, I use the word God and the Self synonymously ?

35 minutes ago, Michael Paul said:

I should have specified, I use the word God and the Self synonymously ?

Then so long as the ego is dissolved, may your will be done.

Edited by Druid420

@Druid420 I'm saying if you think anything has changed regarding free will by becoming more conscious then you fell into the trap you tried to warn about!

There is a deep paradox here and you don't bypass it by becoming more conscious. The unconscious have as much free will as the most conscious. 

Awareness gives a perceived more control but it doesn't set you apart from the path you laid out for yourself. 

Edited by Shadowraix

1 hour ago, Shadowraix said:

@Druid420 I'm saying if you think anything has changed regarding free will by becoming more conscious then you fell into the trap you tried to warn about!

There is a deep paradox here and you don't bypass it by becoming more conscious. The unconscious have as much free will as the most conscious. 

Awareness gives a perceived more control but it doesn't set you apart from the path you laid out for yourself. 

Reality is much more malleable than you  might think. I think you’re thinking about finding enlightenment - I’m just talking about how to direct your energy. 

Nice wordplay. This is true people just react unconsciously that you can't invest too much frustration or negative emotions in it, they are just doing what they are conditioned to do most of the time. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@Druid420 I think what @Shadowraix is trying to point out might be what I was about to comment anyway. 
Even after gaining free will, you will get to conclusions you will get to. If you have a lot of consciousness you will "react" (or act if that soothes you more) in the world not by your prejudgments and selfish wants, but by something else, which wants Love, Union, Peace etc. So in a way, even though you might raise your consciousness, you will still choose the best possible option for you at that level, and that is kind of determined, because how much you'll think about making a decision is determined, what will strike you up in that moment is determined etc. Everything will play out as it will play out and you can't change it. Now you may say, "Naah, but I can change my reality!", but that is only something that will play out in its own way. You will decide to change how you will decide to change, because you will be sick of the same problems or patterns or environment. 

Sorry if I didn't articulate this quite well. Also, I would love to be proven wrong on my opinion!

@petar8p Overall it can be seen by asking the questions

What is it that is changing from low to high consciousness?

What is it that is shaping 'reality' ?

How do these answers change when you shift from a egoic/relative perspective to a more universal/absolute perspective?

Seeing how they change highlights paradoxes.