allislove

Is fear a good thing?

4 posts in this topic

I remember hearing from different sources  that what you fear you attract to your life. So fear manifests into life experience which probably brings suffering. And I assume that through suffering it is easier to realise your true nature and grow spiritually. So, at the end fear helps, it's a good thing, isn't it? Or my chain of thoughts is wrong somewhere? 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

That's a very strange way of thinking about it. If you want to suffer, shoot yourself in the foot. I guess that'll surely suffice.

Otherwise, living life in fear is just unneccessarily limiting and it probably won't help you all that much to realize your true nature.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Neither good or bad it is a feeling, feelings just need to be felt and parented from love. The more awareness one puts on a visualization the more one moves towards the visualization, so if one has much unconcious day dreaming going on then this will cause one to move more towards those unconcious visualization. Fear is an easy way for the ego to maintain itself, the ego uses it to hide the deepest truths so the ego doesn't fall apart, what better place to hide then where one fears to tread. All fear must be nurtured and understood like a child, threw this one will see the tangled mess of the ego. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

1 minute ago, OctagonOctopus said:

Fear is an easy way for the ego to maintain itself, the ego uses it to hide the deepest truths so the ego doesn't fall apart, what better place to hide then where one fears to tread. 

Hit the nail on the head right here. 

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."