Zigzag Idiot

A COURSE IN MIRACLES

33 posts in this topic

IMG_0524.GIF

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Anderz Thanks for sharing this in your ACIM journal.

I put it here for those who might have missed it.

This guy articulates some interesting distinctions about different channeled entities. Discusses ACIM and the Ra Material. As well as Urantiia, Abraham. The idea of Starseeds. He helps tie things together. Thanks for sharing with me  @DrewNows

Aaron Abke Makes to the point explanations about what the ego actually is.

I put it here because he references ACIM.

On 11/1/2019 at 8:49 AM, Zigzag Idiot said:

@Anderz Thanks for sharing this in your ACIM journal.

I put it here for those who might have missed it.

Thank you for sharing this. His videos are really cut to the chase. I think he deserves a topic in the forum:)

Have you ever watched any of these Kenneth wapnick videos they're pretty good thought I'd share...old school ACIM teacher ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Thanks for posting. I kind of knew who he was but have never watched many of his videos. He was certainly a foundational member from the beginning. I think he helped edit the Book and start the nonprofit foundation. I have a feeling there will be many more of his videos added here over time.

@Zigzag Idiot Hi, I read you mentioned you went through the exercises in 1-2 years. Could you mention what it did for you? I'm not intending to actually do the exercises, but am curious to what results it gives, or doesn't give

@Waken Hi, The daily exercises/lessons were a chore for me. Some of them are a little more time consuming but most of them require just a few moments scattered throughout the day. I knew I would have little chance in maintaining a daily discipline with them so I cut myself some slack and tried to do at least 3-4 days a week but really try to do them the best I could on the days I did them. It may have been closer to 3 years before I finally got through them all. 

My ACIM teacher stressed though that the lessons go congruently somewhat with the text. I went ahead and did it the way that I thought I could more realistically carry them out, though.

IMO - The daily lessons strengthen the 'muscle' of -continuity of Consciousness- in addition to boosting the information given in the text. I read the text in just a little over a year and still enjoy rereading it. Not so much the lessons though. They are kind of a chore,,,,

@Zigzag Idiot I understand, thank you for your answer:-) I've just read a couple pages, as I thought the book seemed a bit of a drag to go through without very strong results

I wanted to bump this thread and so I randomly picked some of the text to post.

III. Love without Conflict

1. It is hard to understand what “The Kingdom of Heaven is within you” really means. ²This is because it is not understandable to the ego, which interprets it as if something outside is inside, and this does not mean anything. ³The word “within” is unnecessary. ⁴The Kingdom of Heaven is you. ⁵What else but you did the Creator create, and what else but you is His Kingdom? ⁶This is the whole message of the Atonement; a message which in its totality transcends the sum of its parts. ⁷You, too, have a Kingdom that your spirit created. ⁸It has not ceased to create because of the ego’s illusions.⁹Your creations are no more fatherless than you are. ¹⁰Your ego and your spirit will never be co-creators, but your spirit and your Creator will always be. ¹¹Be confident that your creations are as safe as you are.

¹²The Kingdom is perfectly united and perfectly protected, and the ego will not prevail against it. ¹³Amen.

2. This is written in the form of a prayer because it is useful in moments of temptation. ²It is a declaration of independence. ³You will find it very helpful if you understand it fully. ⁴The reason you need my help is because you have denied your own Guide and therefore need guidance. ⁵My role is to separate the true from the false, so truth can break through the barriers the ego has set up and can shine into your mind. ⁶Against our united strength the ego cannot prevail.

3. It is surely apparent by now why the ego regards spirit as its “enemy.” ²The ego arose from the separation, and its continued existence depends on your continuing belief in the separation. ³The ego must offer you some sort of reward for maintaining this belief. ⁴All it can offer is a sense of temporary existence, which begins with its own beginning and ends with its own ending. ⁵It tells you this life is your existence because it is its own. ⁶Against this sense of temporary existence spirit offers you the knowledge of permanence and unshakable being. ⁷No one who has experienced the revelation of this can ever fully believe in the ego again. ⁸How can its meager offering to you prevail against the glorious gift of God?

4. You who identify with your ego cannot believe God loves you. ²You do not love what you made, and what you made does not love you. ³Being made out of the denial of the Father, the ego has no allegiance to its maker. ⁴You cannot conceive of the real relationship that exists between God and His creations because of your hatred for the self you made.⁵You project onto the ego the decision to separate, and this conflicts with the love you feel for the ego because you made it. ⁶No love in this world is without this ambivalence, and since no ego has experienced love without ambivalence the concept is beyond its understanding. ⁷Love will enter immediately into any mind that truly wants it, but it must want it truly. ⁸This means that it wants it without ambivalence, and this kind of wanting is wholly without the ego’s “drive to get.”

5. There is a kind of experience so different from anything the ego can offer that you will never want to cover or hide it again. ²It is necessary to repeat that your belief in darkness and hiding is why the light cannot enter. ³The Bible gives many references to the immeasurable gifts which are for you, but for which you must ask. ⁴This is not a condition as the ego sets conditions. ⁵It is the glorious condition of what you are.

6. No force except your own will is strong enough or worthy enough to guide you. ²In this you are as free as God, and must remain so forever. ³Let us ask the Father in my name to keep you mindful of His Love for you and yours for Him.⁴He has never failed to answer this request, because it asks only for what He has already willed. ⁵Those who call truly are always answered. ⁶Thou shalt have no other gods before Him because there are none.

7. It has never really entered your mind to give up every idea you ever had that opposes knowledge. ²You retain thousands of little scraps of fear that prevent the Holy One from entering. ³Light cannot penetrate through the walls you make to block it, and it is forever unwilling to destroy what you have made. ⁴No one can see through a wall, but I can step around it. ⁵Watch your mind for the scraps of fear, or you will be unable to ask me to do so. ⁶I can help you only as our Father created us. ⁷I will love you and honor you and maintain complete respect for what you have made, but I will not uphold it unless it is true. ⁸I will never forsake you any more than God will, but I must wait as long as you choose to forsake yourself. ⁹Because I wait in love and not in impatience, you will surely ask me truly. ¹⁰I will come in response to a single unequivocal call.

8. Watch carefully and see what it is you are really asking for. ²Be very honest with yourself in this, for we must hide nothing from each other. ³If you will really try to do this, you have taken the first step toward preparing your mind for the Holy One to enter. ⁴We will prepare for this together, for once He has come, you will be ready to help me make other minds ready for Him. ⁵How long will you deny Him His Kingdom?

9. In your own mind, though denied by the ego, is the declaration of your release. ²God has given you everything. ³This one fact means the ego does not exist, and this makes it profoundly afraid. ⁴In the ego’s language, “to have” and “to be” are different, but they are identical to the Holy Spirit. ⁵The Holy Spirit knows that you both have everything and areeverything. ⁶Any distinction in this respect is meaningful only when the idea of “getting,” which implies a lack, has already been accepted. ⁷That is why we make no distinction between having the Kingdom of God and being the Kingdom of God.

10. The calm being of God’s Kingdom, which in your sane mind is perfectly conscious, is ruthlessly banished from the part of the mind the ego rules. ²The ego is desperate because it opposes literally invincible odds, whether you are asleep or awake. ³Consider how much vigilance you have been willing to exert to protect your ego, and how little to protect your right mind. ⁴Who but the insane would undertake to believe what is not true, and then protect this belief at the cost of truth?

(ACIM, T-4.III.1:1–10:4)

This was taken from this page-

https://acim.org/acim/chapter-4/love-without-conflict/en/s/82?wid=toc

ACIM was a whole revelatian to me when I first read it.  I read the entire text first because once it started to sink in, I found old negative thought patterns and habits just effortlessly fall away.  I never looked at it as some kind of "work or struggle" to be fought.  But it took me around 100 pages before the ideas (written in sort of stream of consciousness) actually began to really make sense to me.  After I read it through once, I did it again and again and found that each time there were deeper layers of understanding that had amazing effects on me.  I knew about and had read some of the daily exercises which consist of repeating a key idea to yourself throuoghout the day.  Many of them are lovely ideas with beautifully written reminders of love.  But I never turned it into a system though it could be used that way.  I never had to ask or supplicate God for some special healing of my mind.  There were errors in thinking it just cleared away with no effort on my part.  This is why I clung to it for 5 years because it was filling all the holes I had that needed correction.  I would reach new enlightenment every day without even focusing on what I thought were my failings. To this day, I still open it up and read at any plays and find answers to questions I never knew I had.  It leaves you feeling peaceful and knowing everything is all right.