Nemo28

Why I am me and and not you?

39 posts in this topic

The greatest mystery for me is the question of why do i experience life from my particular point of view. Is it not that awareness is not located anywhere and all inclusive, why it seems to be attached to my persona? It is said that whatever you look at you are that. If I look at dog and myself there is obvious difference in experience. I can never experience dog from its point of view, why is that if I am universal consciousness? I am well aware of eternal present moment and just beeing here and now, but still the question of "why am i me?" I can not answer, is there even such answer or just mystery? Thank you! :)

When you discover that there is no single thing that is "you", you realise that this is the case and yet...you still exist. Through self enquiry it seems like less and less "things" can qualify as "you" until there's nothing left...and which point, you are forced to discover that you are infact, everything. This is what will make you understand the answer to this question and all questions.

Trying to find the authentic answers without this authentic spiritual experience, will only dig you further into deception. 

You want to know why you are you? Tell me, what exactly are you referring to when you say the word "me"? The thoughts? Personality? Body?...and which part of the body exactly? And who is the one who see's this body of yours, as well as you yourself? Its being watched is it not?

@Aaron p  Okay I understand that you dont need to have an mental image "I" to be and exist. Even if my sense of "I" is false i still experience life from my point of view, I just dont understand what is the criteria for awareness to center out from my body-mind (even if it is a relative truth).

@Nemo28 Yes, there is an answer but it's so radical you won't understand it.

You are the obstacle to understanding this.

In truth you ARE looking through the eyes of all being simutaneously. One of whom is this human you think you are now. To be a human precisely means that you are only looking through one set of eyes.

To look through the eyes of all humans does not mean you get to compare all their experiences. It means precisely that you are cut off in your own little private world. A trilion private worlds.

It works just like an online mutliplayer game.

You are me writing this comment. But you are so fully me that you don't even know you're you! Because you are fully me! You are so fully me that you have no memory of ever having been you! And vice versa.

Ta-da! ;)

The mistake you're making is that you are imagining being me while still retaining elements of you. No, you have to fully forget yourself. In other words, you must die. Still want to be me?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura 

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Nemo28

To look through the eyes of all humans does not mean you get to compare all their experiences. It means precisely that you are cut off from into your own little private world.

But how will I ever know what its like to be You and vice versa? Is there a way for me to become conscious on how it is to be You for example? Is it even possible? I can understand that to be human it means experiencing reality from one particular center that you find yourself in. Im just wondering will I ever know whats it like to be multicentered ( apparently what enlightenment is like). What would be your suggestion, should I perhaps treat this problem as mystery and leave it at that?

21 minutes ago, Nemo28 said:

@Leo Gura 

But how will I ever know what its like to be You and vice versa? Is there a way for me to become conscious on how it is to be You for example? Is it even possible?

After you die, keep dying until you live through all possible lives. Then you will have lived through it all ;)

Im just wondering will I ever know whats it like to be multicentered ( apparently what enlightenment is like).

Enlightenment is not about seeing through my eyes. Enlightenment is about something even more radical: realizing you are the entire universe.

To realize you are the entire universe does not require you to live through many different lives. You can realize it by staying in your current life.

It's not about becoming multicentered but rather becoming omnipresent/nothing. This does not allow you to see through others eyes. You just realize you are EVERYTHING regardless of what is visible. Your consciousness goes so infinite that visual data simply doesn't matter.

Bottomline is: you are too attached to visual forms. They are not important in this pursuit. You need to turn inward and inquire what you are. That will then explode into infinity.

The nothing you find through self-inquiry is also infinity, since nothing and infinity must be identical. This infinity is what connects you to all living beings without any need to look through their eyes.

I don't need to experience your life to know I am you. All I need to do is realize I am infinite.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

After you die, keep dying until you live through all possible lives. Then you will have lived through it all ;)

*Well in Truth God is living them all right NOW. 

Enlightenment is not about seeing through my eyes. Enlightenment is about something even more radical: realizing you are the entire universe.

*Yes You are literally everything. 

To realize you are the entire universe does not require you to live through many different lives. You can realize it by staying in your current life.

Meditation is the way and soul medicines. 

It's not about becoming multicentered but rather becoming omnipresent/nothing.

*Which is the case right now. Still have not fully realized implications of it. I know I am missing Something big but allow possible mindfuck. 

This does not allow you to see through others eyes. You just realize you are EVERYTHING regardless of what is visible. Your consciousness goes so infinite that visual data simply doesn't matter.

*All data Love manifested. 

Bottomline is: you are too attached to visual forms. They are not important in this pursuit. You need to turn inward and inquire what you are. That will then explode into infinity.

*You are Love and Love Will explode into infinite. 

The nothing you find through self-inquiry is also infinity, since nothing and infinity must be identical. This infinity is what connects you to all living beings without any need to look through their eyes.

*So Love connects me with all living Beings. So by this I have to heal completelly, Drop ego and allow Love to Flow through me for good of all? 

I don't need to experience your life to know I am you. All I need to do is realize I am infinite.

*Yes You are allowed full freedom, Source/No where is in your very own heart. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

50 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Nemo28

You are me writing this comment. But you are so fully me that you don't even know you're you! Because you are fully me! You are so fully me that you have no memory of ever having been you! And vice versa.

Ta-da! ;)

The mistake you're making is that you are imagining being me while still retaining elements of you. No, you have to fully forget yourself. In other words, you must die. Still want to be me?

@Leo Gura I actually understand this now, makes sense to me (when reading this, looked at my dog and had moment of existencial joy, knowing that she is actually me at one point in eternity) thank you! 

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You mean when my particular body dies?

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

To realize you are the entire universe does not require you to living through many different lives. You can realize it by staying in your current life.

It's not about become multicentered but rather becoming omnipresent/nowhere. This does not allow you to see through others eyes. You just realize you are EVERYTHING regardless of what is visible. Your consciousness goes so infinite that visual data simply doesn't matter.

I see :)

'Why is consciousness confined to a particular body, why u are u and I am me?'

That's a great question.

Leo said- 'I know that I am you and the entire universe when my consciousness becomes infinite. 
Consciousness becoming infinite = Being the entire universe the plants, the trees, you , me'

Okay, but still your question remains unanswered. Sure Leo may be correct, but still why does consciousness confines itself to a particular field during the state of duality. This is still a mystery. Your question is about the state of duality, while Leo talks about the state of non-duality. No one knows the answer to your question, which has to do with the default state of consciousness in duality.
You could have been born as Bill Gate's son, or Warren Buffet's son, or a begger in africa, or a crocodile in Amazon or a Cheetah in Savannah, how does consciousness distribute itself? Unsolved mystery.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

2 hours ago, Nemo28 said:

The greatest mystery for me is the question of why do i experience life from my particular point of view. Is it not that awareness is not located anywhere and all inclusive, why it seems to be attached to my persona? It is said that whatever you look at you are that. If I look at dog and myself there is obvious difference in experience. I can never experience dog from its point of view, why is that if I am universal consciousness? I am well aware of eternal present moment and just beeing here and now, but still the question of "why am i me?" I can not answer, is there even such answer or just mystery? Thank you! :)

You absolutely can experience the dog from its point of view! You could do the same for a dead carcass on the road or a rock in a path.

Your belief that you are just that body is too strong. You are not your body. Go try again.

9 minutes ago, Ibn Sina said:

You could have been born as Bill Gate's son, or Warren Buffet's son, or a begger in africa, or a crocodile in Amazon or a Cheetah in Savannah, how does consciousness distribute itself? Unsolved mystery.

Choice. YOU consciously chose to be exactly who, where and what you are right now. 

@Nemo28

Essentially the answer is "Because Nemo28ness is not Dogness".

It's like asking "How can there be individual atoms when the universe is one unified field or wave-function?".

It's like asking "How can there be green while there is red?"

By framing it this way you are already begging the question. You already assume that there is such a thing as possession, or some sort of metaphysical idenity. This right here is like a grain of sand. Look at how many grains of sand there are. Each grain of sand is it's own grain of sand, how is that even possible?

Instead of buying into your thoughts of seperation, question them, look at them. What is "two thing"-ness? What is the substance of "two-thing"-ness? What is the substance of "me-vs-the-dog"-ness?

Glory to Israel

16 minutes ago, Druid420 said:

Choice. YOU consciously chose to be exactly who, where and what you are right now. 

This. 

10 hours ago, Scholar said:

@Nemo28

Essentially the answer is "Because Nemo28ness is not Dogness".

It's like asking "How can there be individual atoms when the universe is one unified field or wave-function?".

It's like asking "How can there be green while there is red?"

By framing it this way you are already begging the question. You already assume that there is such a thing as possession, or some sort of metaphysical idenity. This right here is like a grain of sand. Look at how many grains of sand there are. Each grain of sand is it's own grain of sand, how is that even possible?

Instead of buying into your thoughts of seperation, question them, look at them. What is "two thing"-ness? What is the substance of "two-thing"-ness? What is the substance of "me-vs-the-dog"-ness?

How can there be individual atoms when the universe is one unified field or wave-function?

Wave particle duality applies to all things but lets talk about light - there is a light wave and a photon, apparently existing in both states at the same time. There is currently a problem with trying to understand this in science, with theories such as pilot wave theory etc. What if I told you that the photon/particle does not exist at all - it is a figment of your imagination. This is why we have the observer problem.

How can there be green while there is red?

There is really neither. Again, your imagination.

Side note: Nemo28 is dogness :P

Edited by Druid420

22 minutes ago, Druid420 said:

How can there be individual atoms when the universe is one unified field or wave-function?

Wave particle duality applies to all things but lets talk about light - there is a light wave and a photon, apparently existing in both states at the same time. There is currently a problem with trying to understand this in science, with theories such as pilot wave theory etc. What if I told you that the photon/particle does not exist at all - it is a figment of your imagination. This is why we have the observer problem.

How can there be green while there is red?

There is really neither. Again, your imagination.

Side note: Nemo28 is dogness :P

What you are talking about requires levels of consciousness that I don't think are accessible to the person we are talking about, talking about it will only lead to ideology. I think it is much more useful to point to more obvious and immediate questions, like inspecting these aspects of consciousness and being directly aware of them.

Imagination is equivalent to reality, it's just another word for it. Don't conflate your understanding of imagination with that of someone who uses it as a metaphor for the deepest understanding of manifestation. You would teach an infant to walk first before you would teach them how to play soccer.

Glory to Israel

On 8/28/2019 at 4:51 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Nemo28 Yes, there is an answer but it's so radical you won't understand it.

You are the obstacle to understanding this.

In truth you ARE looking through the eyes of all being simutaneously. One of whom is this human you think you are now. To be a human precisely means that you are only looking through one set of eyes.

To look through the eyes of all humans does not mean you get to compare all their experiences. It means precisely that you are cut off in your own little private world. A trilion private worlds.

It works just like an online mutliplayer game.

Ta-da! ;)

@Nemo28. When you grasp this you will be awake.  Anytime you ask why am i me and not you, you are doomed to get lost in concepts.  Remember as Leo said, reality is that which is the case.  Become conscious that you are all of reality right now.  If you weren't being you right now then you wouldn't be you! You would be something else!  You being you is precisely so you could be you.  Don't make it any more complicated than that.  You are pure consciousness - that is the lack of subjectivity.  If you realize that your perceptions and experience are illusions on top of Being, than so too is "everyone" elses!

So why would you need to see through someone else's eyes when they don't really exist other than as an illusion? Wouldn't it make more sense to become Being and be the whole damn thing?

In other words it's all One - you will come full circle and Be it all.  As well as know it all.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Nemo28 To give some frame of reference, if the ‘regular state’ is tier 1, and the ‘nondual state’ is tier 2, there is a tier 3, and tier 4. You can actually experience as someone else, though I wouldn’t say it is visually specific to the extent of seeing through their eyes, like you see through your eyes, but you can experience as them, including their entire life. It is awesome. You can also literally see for yourself how All of this reality is being pulled off, which completely satisfies your current paradox of self and other in terms of perception. There is a how, and it is a mindblower to actually see it, and it is the simplest, most efficient way of doing it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

16 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Nemo28 To give some frame of reference, if the ‘regular state’ is tier 1, and the ‘nondual state’ is tier 2, there is a tier 3, and tier 4. You can actually experience as someone else, though I wouldn’t say it is visually specific to the extent of seeing through their eyes, like you see through your eyes, but you can experience as them, including their entire life. It is awesome. You can also literally see for yourself how All of this reality is being pulled off, which completely satisfies your current paradox of self and other in terms of perception. There is a how, and it is a mindblower to actually see it, and it is the simplest, most efficient way of doing it. 

It's like pulling back the curtain on the Wizard of Oz  :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.