tezk

Detachment = Experiencing More Deeply

2 posts in this topic

Hey. So these are my insights I'm realizing in my experience. Am I on the right track? I apologize if this is in the wrong thread, new here. I sincerely appreciate all feedback/advice! 

Awareness is ALWAYS here. Awareness = Direct Experience (always happening). We have nothing but direct experience to explore.

Awareness is by nature, still. You can’t feel or experience this stillness if your mind is noisy.
Noisy mind = neurotic, expectations, interpretations, judgements, attachments to experiences, thinking, memories, projections (to degrees, that the average person is totally unconscious about)

These “noisy mind experiences” happening in awareness, prevent you from experiencing the stillness of awareness. Noisy mind experiences make life unpleasant and create suffering because you're resisting. 

Your own ego works through your mind to protect you. So, in a sense, assuming Leo is right that “You” don’t exist as this body, you can’t be non-neurotic without realising who you really are, because your ego works through your mind to control and protect reality.

Leo says that you must “detach” yourself from all experience (which would include the thought experience i.e. attachments to particular memories or emotions), in order to experience/feel MORE deeply this moment. Your mind is distracted (noisy) into thinking/believing the “attachments” will make you happy, which in turn distorts the present experience making it unpleasant, and unsatisfying. 

Also, if you aren’t happy with fresh food, clean water, shelter, good parents, good siblings, enrolled in university, hot showers, then what is actually going to make you happy? It seems to me the root issue (of being unfulfilled, unsatisfied, unhappy) is purely internal (in your mind). 

So the crux of this work is in quieting your mind to significant degrees? And not just in meditation, but in everyday experiences? To be less judgemental, less attaching onto expectations, less projecting mental stuff etc. 

Also, Leo talks a lot about psychedelics. He also says that they raise your consciousness to profound levels. Is this because they still the mind to profound degrees? And yes, I’m also aware that they can also make the mind go crazy/become noisy? (when people speak of bad trips)

Thank you for all the help!

Edited by tezk

https://www.youtube.com/@tommicallef 

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." - Joseph Campbell

People are never inherently unconscious, just different degrees of perception. They have noisy minds, which creates a very illusive reality. Their mind is so deceptive, that it tricks them into believing reality is a certain way, which is what makes them unconscious. You could say that mind-matter (thoughts) is only one example of form in reality that is really misleading and deceptive.

Is this accurate? 

https://www.youtube.com/@tommicallef 

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." - Joseph Campbell