charlie cho

Lists Of Great Enlightened Teachers

60 posts in this topic

I just need a description 

Osho, sadhguru, eckhart tolle .. Etc

Edited by charlie cho

Matt Kahn, Deepok Chopra

edit: I noticed the bad reputation given because I stated Teal Swan, after some research I do know that her ego is not completely dissolved. But I have to add a point that she helps people increasing their awareness. She does teach people how to feel emotionally better. People think because they read the perspective from Jessica and Camaron that she is completely manipulative etc. Even if that is all true, here are just things to notice about Teal:

• All those things happened a few years ago (if all actually objectively happened in that way), it may have changed
  • Everyone who experienced such intense abuse from such a young age, is mostly dysfunctional and gets many dissorders. The fact that Teal can offer teachings and has helped many people with her art, is something that I respect. 

My cousin works with people who had gone trough intense abuse from a young age (just as Teal, mostly less brutal). These people are around age of 15 I think. They manipulate people as they never had trust in their life, and constantly test every relationship in a cruel way to test if they would give them still love. There is simply no hope for their lives. They all have dissorders that will stick to them for the rest of their life.

If you imangined a person that is now 19 year old,  who has stand trough 15 years of abuse. This abused kid would some years later help humanity to awaken to their feelings, and pull people out of their abuse/depression for hundreds of thousands of people. Would you agree to stop that person so she would be unable to teach? It is spiritually immature to write 6+ hours of content how that person acts on their behaviour as a result of the intense abuse. And to say how crappy she is because of that. 

If you read the text above, you will understand why most of humanity respects Teal. Even when her teachings 'would be all stolen from self-help books and Abraham Hicks', does 3-5 hours of work for the AskTeal series and still has some ego. That does not take away that she transformes people their lives.

Besides, Leo his ego is also not completely dissolved, yet he transformed my life and many others. I quit my game addiction as a result of Leo his videos. I installed many great habits. I started meditating because of him. He introduced me to enlightenment, where I got one experience of. I quitted pick-up. He reconnected me to my lifework, which I tried so hard to deny due to emtional pain connected to it.  I got so many insights and changed beliefs because of his videos. I have gone to depression to feeling fulfilled most of my day. Leo helped in it, Teal helped in it. 

Edited by A way to Actualize

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

Peter Ralston, Jed McKenna, Ken Wilber, Nisargadatta Maharaj, Ramesh Balsekar, Adyashanti, Mooji, Gary Weber, Ramana Maharshi, Gurdjieff, P D Ouspenski, Osho, Eckhart Tolle.

Would really reccomend Peter Ralston, Jed McKenna and Nisargadatta Maharaj!

Hallå

Rumi is a phenomenal poet in this field. He always amazes me by the eternal TRUE Wisdom he gave us on every subject.

parvizshahbazi is a great teacher for Persian speakers. He uses Rumi`s works as his syllabus  .Some of The Topics that are covered :

- Treasure of presence

- Ego

- Accepting The Form of the  moment 

- Being spaced

- Laws of compensation , Yard , attraction,..

Edited by nima

5 hours ago, A way to Actualize said:

Teal Swan, Matt Kahn, Deepok Chopra

Is Teal Swan enlightened?

11 minutes ago, framu said:

Is Teal Swan enlightened?

No, she isn't

She is in a state of self-love and acknowledges oneness. I do not know if she is. How are you guys so sure?

Edited by A way to Actualize
grammatics

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

There are so many great ones out there, but then again, great is a matter of perspective. Some teachers like to point to the moon with their middle fingers; some like to raise both their hands and point; some like to stick their fingers up their butts and point. What you consider 'great' really just depends on your personality type. Here are some that I've found useful for certain personality types:

If you're the philosophical/analytical type, check out Peter Ralston, Ken Wilber and Goran Backlund.

If you're the skeptical/monomaniacal/dark/Tyler Durden type, check out Jed McKenna and Steven Norquist.

If you're the flowery/spiritual/all-is-one type, check out Adyashanti, Rupert Spira, and Mooji.

If you're into the deep esoteric stuff, check out Nisargadatta Maharaj and Ramana Maharshi.

If you're the practical/straight-talk type, check out Tony de Mello and Leo's videos on enlightenment.

There's no one best teacher. They all pretty much point to the same thing. It just depends on your tastes. However, if you're wondering whether a spiritual teacher not on this list can help you, here's a checklist of red flags to watch out for:

[ ]Do they ask you to believe what they're saying?
[ ]Do they talk about themselves a lot?
[ ]Do they say that they can give you enlightenment?
[ ]Do they say that you will slowly become enlightened in their presence?
[ ]Do they sell crystals/buddha statues/trinkets and say you need them for enlightenment?
[ ]Do they claim to be superhuman? 

If they check off any of these points on the list, you may want to approach with caution. 

On a side note, I've found my best teacher to be life itself. Learn to treat everyone and everything as your guru. Your interpretations/feelings towards a particular guru can tell you a lot about your hang-ups on the journey. 

And of course, if you're an animal lover, dogs and cats are your personal Zen masters. 

Safe travels!

Edited by jjer94

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

Alan Watts

of course.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

2 hours ago, framu said:

Is Sam Harris enlightened?

I would say, yes, at least to some extent.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

8 hours ago, Coach Vito said:

No, she isn't

Why would you say that ?

She is overly spiritual in many topics and makes herself more human to be relatable, but it seems to me that she is enlightened.

I wonder if Carlos Castaneda was?

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Good thread.

However in my opinion, some people may have a deep insight about being spiritual, but it is not necessarily means they are enlightened.

On February 8, 2016 at 5:29 AM, Pinocchio said:

NDM: Is there such as thing as "full enlightenment"?

Bart Marshall:  To me the word enlightenment points to the state of becoming Truth, realizing one is God, realizing that one’s true nature is the Source of All That Is.  That’s pretty full without any modifiers.  There can be degrees of spiritual maturity, of intellectual understanding, of “ripeness,” but there are no degrees of Truth Realization.  Anyone who thinks they are “partially enlightened” or “almost there” is kidding themselves.

Hey. So.... Do you think there is a difference between knowing truth, and becoming truth? Knowing God and being God.