charlie cho

Lists Of Great Enlightened Teachers

60 posts in this topic

Most watch: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDF642D086CDD2711

https://www.youtube.com/user/jonathanlives/playlists

The second link have shorter videos and some extra, the first link have longer videos and they are in the correct order.

Will seam like the least spiritual dude but you'd be surprised if you stick around:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCopFXXNwqXYTe5uFIo1viEA/videos

Bible Symbolism :Dhttps://www.youtube.com/user/bdona4556/playlists

If you're ready or like magical "hokus pokus" stuff as well: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCb3EpS0UwM&list=PLWL-f1YBw48NKF1PasvuAM5oyiT73A12i&index=1

If you're able to follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gDDGkFEZ04&index=1&list=PL_LtcH31mPi-pqL4qmprR1wuJi0ZjqrcO

19th/20th century: Siddharameshwar, Ramakrishna, Ramana, Nisargadatta, Anandamayi Ma, Shunryu Suzuki, Chogyam Trungpa, Osho, Papaji, Irina Tweedie, Jiddu Krishnamurti

21st century: Adyashanti, Shinzen Young, Gangaji, Mooji, Isaac Shapiro, Bernadette Roberts

But there are many many more, it is more important what teacher is right for oneself than "who is the best?". There are so many traditions and approaches where you can find great teachers in.

Edited by Toby

Walt Whitman        "I must not be awake for everything looks to me as it has never before. Or else I'm awake for the first time and all that was before was just a dream"

Edited by cetus56

@framu No, but he claims to experience non-duality at will i.e. for seconds during the day and the longest duration he's been enlightened for is like an hour or so. Source - Waking Up lecture during the Q and A.

I think most of these people listed are only enlightened  in the sense that they have and can experience non-duality at will. As for Permanent enlightenment there's probably only a handful, and as someone mentioned earlier would they really be functional? In Sam Harris' Waking Up he describes people who seem to literally not know the difference between them and others. I'm sure it'd be great but is that really something you'd want? To me it's important to make the world a better place and not just kind of drop out.

For a lot of these people it seems that cutting through the self illusion at will is sufficient. Once you've seen the truth, that's good enough. By definition, the only times you suffer then on are when you forget this truth. And this way you can make the world better for a lot of others. Thoughts? Thanks

On 7.2.2016 at 5:09 PM, jjer94 said:

andreas müller

The message of The Timeless Wonder points to a nondual reality, which is recognized as the natural reality. There is no 'I' living its own life. There is no entity called 'me' existing as an individual. All there is, is wholeness appearing as this.

Old mate Alan Watts is amazing! There's literally hundreds of his lectures on Youtube.

Another mystic I really like who hasn't been mentioned here yet is Aldous Huxley. He is definitely the most intelligent human being I've ever heard of.

On 14/02/2016 at 7:00 AM, Gazic said:

It's interesting to hear people's opinions on this, but ultimately isn't it a bit pointless to reel off a list of people whose presentation of the teachings resonates with you and say "they're enlightened, while this other person is not"?

I'm new to all this, but how do we even know that anyone is enlightened until we've at least had a glimpse of it ourselves? A more relevant question would perhaps be "whose teachings do you personally find helpful"?

Still, I've got a few new names to check out so thanks everyone :)

Really, you cannot possible tell if someone is enlightened or not. All these people claiming to know whose enlightened are kidding themselves. Ultimately, it is only yourself who gives your guru their authority. 

All you have available is it test it in your own direct experience and see what happens.

@jjer94  Is Darknight a necessary step towards self realization? And what're your thoughts on Bentinho Massaro, what stage is he at?

@Kserkkj I wouldn't say anything is absolutely necessary for self-realization. But if I were to suddenly find out that my entire life up to this point has been a lie, I would be pretty damn depressed at first.

As for Benhito...first off, like I said, there are really no real stages to self realization. Second off, how would I know? How could anyone know? It's not like I have enlightenment-radar, although that would be pretty cool regardless.

Cheers...

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

To date this is the best breakdown of enlightenment I have heard. At least in words, and for the ego to digest. It is by the dude that made the response video to Leo's latest video.

His name is Rali, and his channel is called naked reality.

Edited by Rakesh

I know this thread is old, but I am really surprised that no one mentioned Byron Katie!

Big boss Jesus Christ
Big boss Buddha
Big boss Krishna
:D

I haven't seen anyone mention Scott Kiloby, he has a YouTube channel as well and I really resonate with his style. He teaches inquiry to deconstruct ego stories in a very practical way.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions