AlphaAbundance

How did you become enlightened?

28 posts in this topic

Or more accurately how did enlightement occur? What steps were taken? What practices were done? What was your story/path toward enlightenment?

I would say I'm at a lower stage of enlightenment, where I am just starting to get the ball rolling with practices of meditation and self-inquiry as well as reading books and tripping on mushrooms with intent to let go of my notion of self. I'm really excited to be on this journey and I feel a powerful alignment of my consciousness that I've never felt before in my life.

My emotions still get the best of me more than I want and I struggle with over-thinking and anxiety about certain situations. Just this morning I was worried about being late to class at university, being my first day in the class worried the teacher will thinking poorly of me, even though me being late this morning was not in my control, I hit horrible traffic even though I planned ahead the night before, I struggled to let go of this anxiety minutes before showing up. Everything turned out to be perfectly fine though, which helped reinforce my original intent, but small battles like this are kind of helping me chip away at the bigger things I need to let go of in my life.

I've been a Personal Trainer for around 2 years and fitness/physical therapy is a realm I want to achieve mastery in. I'm pretty passionate about fitness and can become neurotic about working out at times. I started off being neurotic about the way I look, I got past that (mostly) and now I do different forms of exercise just because I find it fun and makes me feel alive, but can be neurotic about that too, so I am still battling to find a balance. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Had the first realization In 2013. While I was reading a self-help/psychology book. I searched for a answer to my suffering, I read a statement in the book and got very excited. I said to myself "that's it, I found the answer" and just gave upp searching. And that was it, my thoughts about needing to do something in the future "disappeared" from view. I sort of ascended higher than the thoughts or that I took a step backwards in the mind, don't know how to describe it. But I became very ineffable as my normal state as I should be, no thoughts, I felt my mind working at a minimum, finally at peace, gratefulness was me and I was it.  I was in this state for 20-30 hours. I had the most peaceful sleep I ever had that day. Best part was at home when I saw a plastic bottle, I said to it "you are mine" and tried to get the feeling of it. I felt like i almost exploded for a moment with what I can call ethereal bliss, there was no separation with me and the bottle. I had a time to my cognitive behaviour therapist next day. I told her everything I felt and saw in that state, she was amuzed but didn't understand, haha. Looking back I can only see at myself through my therapists viewpoint as there was no me, me was gone from body and I was everywhere.  Then i  bicycled in town, remember seeing light coming out of buildings, happy people had energetic aura around them, felt my minds tiny reactions when I preformed an action within the stillness of my mind. Then I came home and I fell back in the mud. Thoughts came back and bad feelings too. I descended. After that it was easier to live, as i had the experience in my background. It opened like a "portal" in my mind into the transcendental and I started to climb toward it and began my spiritual path.

My path was sort of accidental and I do not have any practice to share how I got there. I was a basic stage orange person searching my relief of suffering in psychology/psychiatry/self-help and was ignorant of any spiritual teachings. 

So, thank you for the opportunity to write this down. :)

Edited by Wlangr

"The Universe is Mental--held in the Mind of THE ALL."

--The Kybalion.

I don't consider myself enlightened. Consciousness remembers itself. 

I am Just an average guy Who never was and still is not some kind of Spiritual seeker.What lead me to Truth is deep research on topics like Narcissism and egotism and desire for TRUTH Just for Truth sake it doesn't mattered for me Will it be the most nihilistic thing ever. 

In one book at bottom of every Page was eye of the horus. Most of these psychologist always mentoined trust in higher force. They all mentoined God in one way or another. So I got curious. This smart people beleive in God but I don't. Maybe there is a God lets discover it.

Meditation is the way. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

I wouldn't know if I am enlightened or not and nor do I care, personally. What I do care about is that my consciousness keeps rising up and up.

All stories and explanations are false.

I was a seeker of Truth before I knew that there is such a thing as a 'path'.
Around 5-6 years ago when I understood that science gives no definite answers to my questions I turned to philosophy.
While reading Heidegger's Being and Time and inquiring into phenomenology of my being, I had a two-week long something that I later learned to be ego death. At that point I had no idea what had happened and began studying psychology and started psychotherapy.

Some time after stabilizing my psyche I stumbled across Leo's videos about meditation and started practicing irregularly 
I learned about the path, enlightenment, and started studying mysticism. Mystical experiences kept occurring periodically.
What I would consider my core practice is contemplation, becoming directly conscious of what something is.
That usually requires sincere description of what I think of it and seeing if it is actually the case. That leads to 'enlightenment experiences'. Ultimately, all practices collapse into one indecribable thing which is best called 'present moment'.

Few months ago, with contemplation, I became conscious of what I am, what the other is, what the world is and what is God.
Fireworks were spectacular and I 'fell' into absolute nothingness which is absolute infinity.

Recently I tried LSD for the second time with the intention of finding absolute love. The substance did deliver.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I don't know if there is such a thing as full enlightenment. Will tell you if I get there.

For me there are just awakenings, several of them, stronger than the previous one, more clear than the previous one, more truth than the previous one and so on to infinity.

Mahadev

You eventually realize you always were. The more "still" you are in mind and body, the more you notice as spirit.

The key to inner stillness is to silence the mind.

In turn, Awareness.

B R E A T H E

going ikea and buying a lamp

going home, switch it on,

and bim I was enlightened af,

so much watts ( not alain )

6 hours ago, Neorez said:

@WlangrCan you share the statement? If you remember of course?

It was a statement that confirmed my personal bias. I and Ego thought "now that i finally got recognition, I can finally read someone that agrees with me,I just let go of the search because the rest of the book has my answer on my suffering that I searched for so long" 

I fooled myself believing that i finally found the answer (I did not, just thought I did) I gave upp searching and space arose between my thoughts and the transcendental (the real answer) sneeked in while no one was watching.  For first time in years I allowed to be receptive for a moment and got what I searched for albeit in a way I didn't expect. I just fooled myself in believing I found the answer and the real answer arrived. 

"The Universe is Mental--held in the Mind of THE ALL."

--The Kybalion.

I was a Christian all my life but always managed to avoid the worst of the dogma that usually comes with it. I started listening to Eckhart Tolle, Leo and some other teachers about 5 years ago and made great progress in mastering my emotions and opening my mind to spirituality, but this winter things starting falling apart and everything I did to keep depression and desire at bay stopped working. Before that I started getting sensitive to energy from places and had started having mild mystical experiences but didn't notice them for what they were. I read a book by clairvoyant doctor who grew up in my town and was fascinated by how similar our lives were in ways. At the same time a friend who I had had a huge falling out with and I started really reconnecting. She asked me to read a marriage book that I thought was disgustingly conservative and anti-feminist but fancying myself "stage yellow" I decided to read it as a favor so I could help her. The book turned out to be the law of attraction as applied to marriage in disguise. I somehow immediately connected it as law of attraction and saw how much I needed those principals in my life in general.

I started honoring my desires again and realized that I wanted to move away from the rural area I live in. I started doing everything in my power to make it happen and then started doubting and searched on youtube out of desperation for something like "should I move?" Abraham Hicks popped up. I don't even remember what she had to say about the subject but immediately I was hooked. My Grandmother died and I applied her teachings to dealing with her death. Mystical experiences continued, I tapped into her consciousness the night she died, and starting noticing and believing in my mystical experiences. I decided that I really wanted to teach spirituality so I changed my youtube channel from financial topics to spiritual ones and starting coming here. I started doing Wim Hof breathing to help put me in a realized state to film. I found the old foundation in the woods where the clairvoyant doctor had lived and started getting insights there. @tsuki and I had some interesting conversations here and I started a journal and then I started channeling, and channeling memories and doing shadow work and he led me through to having a no self experience in the journal. It was grueling in a way but also with bliss states for days, I hardly slept or ate for a couple of weeks, my dreams stopped and turned into LOUD unavoidable channeling of insights or memories.

This simplifies the whole thing and glosses over a lot of things and people that really helped. Tied into it was my discovering the history of the clairvoyant doctor and uncovering different parts of his history along the way. One common theme was inexplicable magnetic attraction to people or places, and I realize that I was doing a lot of groundwork beforehand, or during my entire life to become sensitive to it. 

I'm awake but not all the way integrated, I still have useless energy sucking thought patterns playing out, I'm still unconscious of a lot. That was in April and I'm just now getting back to work and life and able to going deep states of presence again. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Wlangr , how blessed you are. Such an amazing experience. I have been trying for enlightenment off and on for umpteen years and I haven't come close.  

This is a very inspirational thread, btw. 

Edited by astrokeen

@AlphaAbundance For me it was a case of doing self inquiry for an hour a day, every day for three years. I  complimented this with meditation, contemplation, watching videos, reading books. For me certainly, I really tried to put the hours in and they paid off. It is real and all Leo talks about is right. You have to have faith in the process though. It's really hard work at times.

Although I "understand" the Truth, it's a life long commitment in trying to adapt and utilise this knowledge and understanding  into daily life. I hope that makes sense!

Can't move anywhere because everything is me.

Can't live because life is me. 

Can't be Aware because Awareness is me. 

Dream substance. Nothingness? 

Hmmm What is this nothing?

19 hours ago, Nahm said:

Dreamt it up. 

Hahaha Omg. Omfg Hahaha ha. 

This is the same as Formlessness. Hahaha can't fucking beleive it. It's literally identical. 

All these insights are valid. Omfg. 

I finally know how I manipulate the dream. I know how I created MYSELF. OMFG. 

I am free Can rejoyce Omfg. 

Heart/Source energy Omfg I know. 

I knew That I am the Source but never know how. But I know Hahaha. 

Love you. ❤️

Thanks for forcing me to stay on right side. 

You Need ultra developed observation skills. 

Meditation is the way. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity