Actualizer777

How To Build New Friendships?

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Very simple question. I have a bunch of friends now but I don't spend a lot of time with them because most of them are low-quality friendships. I want high-quality deep authentic friendships and people that are into growing themselves. But I have a problem. I have no clue how to build new friendships artificially. I know how to find these people and how to get to know them but how do I actually build a friendship? When I ask them if they want to meet over and over again I come across as needy. It feels like I'm a try-hard.

Any advice?

Thanks!

How do you make a plant grow? You don't, it does it by itself.

How do you encourage a plant to grow? Give it more sunlight, more water, more fertilizer. But not too much, or it will get scorched, or drowned or poisoned.

A friendship is reciprocal. You have to like them, but they also have to like you - and that can't be forced. The best you can do to encourage the friendship, is show your interest in them, see and talk to them regularly, and let it grow from there. But if they are not interested in you, then be grateful and move on.

All stories and explanations are false.

for deep friendships you (and them) have to open up your deeper layers. start asking questions about their lifes and how they rly feel about it, for example ask them what they are struggeling with? what do they love? opinions about polarizing subjects?

key is to have genuine interest to get to know the other person. Don't judge them for what they say, feel or do, keep an open mind and have some emphaty.

you could start by carefuly sharin  something  personal about yourself and see if there is a spark of genuine interest on their side. Observe attentively, but be careful not to overanalyze.

good luck :)

Edited by ThinAir

Blood. Not all plants need sunlight to grow, and Grapes need boron in the soil.