Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roopepa

"Rethinking human history" is DEEP

5 posts in this topic

Go find that on Leo's blog. It's an instant eye-opener. 

None of us is in control. Humanity is a work of God.

Imagine the craziest, most beautiful, most surreal and infinitely perfect story. Humans are a tiny part of that.

I'm almost shitting my pants.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

That is a really good video. 

I like the blog post videos generally a lot more then 'the weekly' official Actualized.org videos. 

I get a lot more out of it. I guess I find them to be more contemplative and open ended if that makes sense. 

One thing that came to my mind though was the "only 3 generations alive at one time" comment. 

I don't even think that used to be the case a long long time ago. Maybe like the past 200 years yes. But in ancient times and medieval times a lot of people generally didn't live past like 40 years old. It's a theory actually that those times were so violent because the population was on average a lot younger. 

Also because people didn't get that old not a whole lot of knowledge was passed on. And probably a lot of kids fantasy at work. 

I think that's also where the idea of the old wizard with the long beard came from. Like the Merlin and Gandalf kind of characters. 

There always were some people who would survive trough everything. So occasionally there would be that would person who lived until like 90 years old. That person would have seen things over and over again that most people hadn't seen. So that person would be able to tell from experience what would work and not work in a certain situation. Also if that person happened to be intelligent then he/she would have a lot of time to acquire a lot of knowledge. To a level that was unusual at those times. 

But yeah definitly great video. 

Edited by SFRL