Yannik

Can psychedelics mess up hormones/blood markers?

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I've been on an ayahuasca retreat two months ago, I've taken mushrooms recently and unfortunately, my blood levels were pretty bad when I tested them 3 weeks ago.

Testosterone was nearly non existent and the values for my blood platelets among some other values were kind of messy. The doc now recommends me to substite testosterone for a while to get them in a normal range but I am on doubt if I should do it. I know the doc is the first to ask about that but is here anyone who had similar experiences or who has heard something about that? Or anyone who has some advice? Thanks in advance, and fyi I am vegan and my body fat is pretty low (which may be a reason as well?). 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Take enough psychedelics and you'll realize that you have no blood or body or mind. All a dream, all an illusion. My advice is to keep going. Your Ego is going to try and do anything to survive, so will come up with any excuse to stop. 

12 minutes ago, Yannik said:

Hey guys, I've been on an ayahuasca retreat two months ago, I've taken mushrooms recently and unfortunately, my blood levels were pretty bad when I tested them 3 weeks ago.

Testosterone was nearly non existent and the values for my blood platelets among some other values were kind of messy. The doc now recommends me to substite testosterone for a while to get them in a normal range but I am on doubt if I should do it. I know the doc is the first to ask about that but is here anyone who had similar experiences or who has heard something about that? Or anyone who has some advice? Thanks in advance, and fyi I am vegan and my body fat is pretty low (which may be a reason as well?). 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

You went for blood tests because of a symptom?

When was the last time you had a blood test before the retreat?

31 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Take enough psychedelics and you'll realize that you have no blood or body or mind. All a dream, all an illusion. My advice is to keep going. Your Ego is going to try and do anything to survive, so will come up with any excuse to stop. 

Bruuuh...

I had some issues earlier and my testosterone was kinda low but not nearly as low as now, and my blood levels have a bit too low as well before the retreat and before starting with psychedelics. But I checked my blood levels quite frequently and the values never been as low as now. 

52 minutes ago, Yannik said:

I had some issues earlier and my testosterone was kinda low but not nearly as low as now, and my blood levels have a bit too low as well before the retreat and before starting with psychedelics. But I checked my blood levels quite frequently and the values never been as low as now. 

Start a diet that supports the production of testosterone. Maybe add some modifications to your vegan diet. Also, do weight lifting and make sure your sleep quality and quantity is high. 

Alternative medicine methods can help you a lot unless there is a serious medical condition that underlies low testosterone levels. Check it with another doctor just in case. 

I heard codl showers raise your testosterone as well (and other benefits) you could try that as well

How's your sleep?

If you don't already start taking cold showers and using a sauna. Aim to sauna 3-5 times a week

If it does anything, it’s always for the better. Never heard of anyone having problems with psychedelics on the body level, I would say from all psychedelics books I’ve read so far this problem is actually nonexistent.

Also notice that all diseases or imbalances come from the mind, cause our bodies don’t actually exist, so I’d dig into this, or in your diet, or in your words, don’t forget you are shaping your reality, what thoughts are creating this moment you are in now? 

Ego is very sneaky, maybe it doesn’t like psychedelics that much and is looking for excuses not to do it again 

meditate on that, nobody here has the right answer, it’s within you, you know your body, you know your habits, you are connected with youe intuition  ✨?

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

12 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

You do have a point. I think where people fail is they never take enough to absolutely obliterate themselves and go full circle.

B R E A T H E

@Yannik Low testosterone means ?

What are the effects ?

Take care of the body as well.Dont ignore your health.Take professional advice treatment.

thousands upon thousands of people have taken psyches (and that's just people who talk about it on the internet), and none of them have ever reported that. it has to be something else. You should get your diet and sleep in check first and foremost. if its true your a vegan, then you might wanna consider eating meat a few times a week. maybe see a reputable Chinese Traditional Medecine practitioner and acupuncturist  in your area

idk if psychedelics do that... maybe its a life style change you have made, like less exercise, less sleep, less healthy food.

also fat on the body converts Testosterone to estrogen through aromatase. AND... in the presence of non basal-level insulin (insulin spiked from food), Testosterone is decreased substantially. 

Do's:

• Eat less carbohydrates
  • Sleep
  • Exercise; muscle stimulation.
  • Eat more vegetables and meat

Thank you all guys!

I already exercise 6x a week, my nutrition is pretty good and I supplement all the nutrients I do not get from meat/fish (B12, Zinc, Omega3). The blood tests have shown that no nutrients are missing as well. 

I also sleep quite long and I optimize my sleep with different practices, this is why I am wondering how the testosterone and other blood markers can be fucked up since I have very good habits in place for regeneration and so on. Cold showers are a daily practice as well.

I guess, as Matt Kahn says, pne explanation of such "physical illness" is that it is just a sign of spiritual evolution in a speed that the body/nervous system cannot adapt to fast enough?

PS: @Jkris the symptoms are no libido, less motivation, lethargy and physical weakness (legs feel heavier, everything feel heavier than before)