Alex bliss

Why is no one getting enlightenment??

38 posts in this topic

There is a lot of monks practicing meditation for 20 30 years yet most are not even close to enlightenment.

13 minutes ago, Alex bliss said:

There is a lot of monks practicing meditation for 20 30 years yet most are not even close to enlightenment.

I highly doubt that they seriously want enlightenment. If they wanted it bad enough, they would get it.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Alex bliss like anything, it's a paradox.. a mind fuck. 

If I showed you a picture, with some hidden objects in the image.. consider how you would go about 'finding the hidden images'.. consider what that process is like.. 

The location of a hidden object would 'occur to you' precisely 'if and when' it does, and you can not 'find it' any sooner than you 'find it'.  Of course, it helps if you are looking.. you may never notice them otherwise. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Alex bliss can you decide to 'sincerely seek' any sooner than you will?

36 minutes ago, Alex bliss said:

Alot of monks are just religious and not doing self-inquiry, mostly chanting and regular ol’ meditation. Btw how do you know which monks are not enlightened? Have you met them all? Have you travelled to all the monasteries and talked to them?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 minutes ago, Alex bliss said:

@Rilles Cuz most of them declare and decide to become a master? 

I dont understand what you mean.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Alex bliss the teachings here cover all the tools you need to awaken.  You just have to go about it strategically and responsibly - and maturely.   You're actually getting deeper teachings here than from a monk.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Alex bliss It's tricky.   How comfortable are you with paradox?  It's like a 'shift in perspective' more than 'finding out the answer'.. 

Take for example, the question of the chicken and the egg.. which came first?.  Well, if you remain trapped in the perspective that one must have come before the other, you will dwell on this question forever without answer, but one day, if it occurs to you to consider it deeply, you may realize that they evolved together.. the answer is 'neither and both'.. and this shift in your perspective from 'one or the other' to 'both and neither' will simply remove your question about 'which one came first'.. the question ceases to make sense. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

@Alex bliss  Think twice before you get too deep into enlightenment as it would mean personal identity will never be the same again. Who is it that wants enlightenment? Does that indentity really exist?

*trans·per·son·al-

of, denoting, or dealing with states or areas of consciousness beyond the limits of personal identity.

@Inliytened1 How do you know?

Enlightened monks and some enlightened people close doors to hell. They decide to live in Truth fully under grace of God in silence. 

Life of absolutelly zero ego. 

For me to to type this and talk about this I have to reduce myself on level of ego and abandon Truth. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

OK lets talk seriously What this thing Enlightenment is really about. It is Complete self transcendance. It is You stop being devil. 

No more separated self turned against the world in neverending chase for pleasure and power. That's why You seek Enlightenment so That You Can gain Something. 

What We do We lure You in. Hehe

Yes with Enlightenment You Will be able to be get or experience anything You want(paradox). But You Will be completely healed/purified to get to this point That You won't desire anything. No ego/remember. 

Truth is not given to devils. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

I also have same question that was posted here above 'can you decide to 'sincerely seek' any sooner than you will?'

@zeroISinfinity

What counts as enlightment this day? 

I like seeing this path as stages or ranks like the 5 degrees of tozan of zen Buddhism and Evelyn Uphills Western mysticism of 5 stages toward Union with God. They are very similar. There are other classifications that are like this. 

First rank is usually called satori, having a glimpse of reality, the first realization of tao.

Is this enlightment? 

Third rank is liberation or illumination described as:

"This Third Rank is what most people would consider “enlightenment.” In this stage one’s center is no longer a separate self, a separate ego, a separate, agentic “doer.” Instead, one’s center is experienced as being everywhere, and the only doer is the entire universe, the Tao, the entire going on of it all. In the Third Rank there are no boundaries, no beginning, no end. You are birthless and deathless."

Many consider this to be enlightment, is it? 

Or the fifth rank, the unitive stage:

The Unitive Life is the Ultimate State of Consciousness, enlightenment. The mystic has at last come to full realisation of Reality. This transcendent experience allows him to live in this world and yet not of this world. He breathes a rarefied air which normal beings cannot enjoy. These mystics are ambassadors of the Absolute. He vindicates that communion with Reality is achievable. The mystic refers his attainment of the Absolute as deification (the utter transmission of the self in God). He also refers to his communion with Reality as the Spiritual Marriage of his soul with God. These terms are subjective temperamental language. Deification means transmutation of self by God so that from now onwards his life is divine: God is acting through him. All human desires are taken away from him and his is immersed in the Divine Will. His being remains, but in another form, in another glory and in another power. Utter renouncement means stripping the mystic of the ‘I’ the ‘me’, and the ‘mine’. This “self-naughting” to the direction of the larger Will is an imperative condition for the attainment of the Unitive Life. “Thou art in me and I in Thee, glued together as one and the selfsame thing, which henceforth and forever cannot be divided”.

Is this enlightment?

The enlightment definition is different from teaching to teaching. Or is it total transcendence of the ego a sufficient answer? 

Have read that there is further advancement toward nirvana, but I'm not going to search for that info and post it here. 

"The Universe is Mental--held in the Mind of THE ALL."

--The Kybalion.

51 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@Inliytened1 How do you know?

Enlightened monks and some enlightened people close doors to hell. They decide to live in Truth fully under grace of God in silence. 

Life of absolutelly zero ego. 

For me to to type this and talk about this I have to reduce myself on level of ego and abandon Truth. 

I'm not disputing this..but there are probably many monks that have never actually had a mystical experience.  It's just par for the course..for some people it takes 2 weeks and for some it takes 50 years.   

But i don't think monks are given the tool of pyschedelics.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

There was a enlightened monk called ajahn maha boa who have declared himself to have attained nirvana, he is from thailand theravada buddhism. I used to follow his teachings..look up to him there are some youtube videos. 

7 hours ago, Alex bliss said:

So intensity counts more than regular meditation practices?@How to be wise

Rather the strong intention feeds the regular practices. If you have little desire, you will practice half-heartedly, ending up only with mediocre results. If on the other hand you have strong desire, you will practice very well, ending up with exceptional results.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie