Dodo

Signs of US/Global recession

16 posts in this topic

There have been increasingly worrying signs that a recession worse than the one back in 2008 may happen very soon.

For example the inversion of the yield curve of 3-month to 1 year treasury bonds, which in the past has acted as an indicator of a recession. 

Gold is rallying while stocks are having violent corrections. Gold usually being inversely correlated asset to the US dollar and it can be a signal for the weakening of confidence in the US dollars as reserve currency. In regards to this BOA - Bank of America are talking about a possible digital currency alternative to replace the USD, creating a " level playing field" which Trump and many others have been mentioning for a while now.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

recession for the west... boom for the East.

The East is rising rapidly while the West is declining. This is a well known trend in economics.

4 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

recession for the west... boom for the East.

The East is rising rapidly while the West is declining. This is a well known trend in economics.

Not sure about that. Indian job sector is down. China is also same i guess. Pakistan is close to bankrupt. 

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Remember, even if there is a recession, it's not necessarily a big deal. It might just be a few quarters of slowed growth.

It's just too early to tell. People have a tendency to over-exaggerate things. After 10 years of non-stop growth a bit of recession is normal and not a problem. You can't expect never-ending growth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Time to bust out the burn barrels and guitars B|

Edited by Apparition of Jack

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

How do you think the US president will handle the recession, beyond the obvious response of blaming people for it?

Britain's planned departure from the EU pretty much means America has itself a lapdog.

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

Probably fiscal stimulus / print dollars / lower interest rates. IMO this will only worsen the problem of malinvestment setting the stage for even worse recession.

52 minutes ago, Dan502 said:

How do you think the US president will handle the recession, beyond the obvious response of blaming people for it?

Britain's planned departure from the EU pretty much means America has itself a lapdog.

He will go on a twitter frenzy. Oh wait, he already did.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Remember, even if there is a recession, it's not necessarily a big deal. It might just be a few quarters of slowed growth.

It's just too early to tell. People have a tendency to over-exaggerate things. After 10 years of non-stop growth a bit of recession is normal and not a problem. You can't expect never-ending growth.

But the us debt clock is only growing,  and it has reached such a massive number which makes me think the recession will be worse than 2008.. The average american is in debt, and they cannot even afford a 500$ surprise expense (based on information Ive seen).. 

11 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

Not sure about that. Indian job sector is down. China is also same i guess. Pakistan is close to bankrupt. 

That's true, but the Indian GDP has exponentially increased for the last 10 years. Modi is doing an amazing job in India(sorry if you're from Pakistan hahaha) the made in India movement, along with the partnership with startups will make India one of the highest earning economies in 20 years. 

I don't know much about China, but when I last went to Shenzhen, their technology was 50 years ahead of the US. 

On 27/08/2019 at 3:42 AM, electroBeam said:

That's true, but the Indian GDP has exponentially increased for the last 10 years. Modi is doing an amazing job in India(sorry if you're from Pakistan hahaha) the made in India movement, along with the partnership with startups will make India one of the highest earning economies in 20 years. 

I don't know much about China, but when I last went to Shenzhen, their technology was 50 years ahead of the US. 

I am from india. I supported modi also. There are lot of people who hate him. people  here in south especially they are dismal and as leo said people are over exaggerating things. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Please watch this, I've copied it from the important minute start watching from 2:32 if it doesn't work for you. 

12 minutes ago, Apparition of Jack said:

@Dodo Time to stock up on Consciousness ;)

Gold, I can't buy what I already am 

On 26/08/2019 at 4:54 PM, Dodo said:

But the us debt clock is only growing,  and it has reached such a massive number which makes me think the recession will be worse than 2008.. The average american is in debt, and they cannot even afford a 500$ surprise expense (based on information Ive seen).. 

I agree that debt is a big factor, I'm paying mine off as quickly as possible. But in general, cycles of boom & bust is how capitalism is supposed to work anyway, fuelled by greed and fear. 

Everything is connected, but connections are only necessary from a fragmented point of view. What's the connection between two waves? The whole deep ocean which they are made of in the first place!

14 hours ago, MuddyBoots said:

I agree that debt is a big factor, I'm paying mine off as quickly as possible. But in general, cycles of boom & bust is how capitalism is supposed to work anyway, fuelled by greed and fear. 

I just hope most people prepare, it wouldn't be nice when the banks start shaving people's hard earned money off like it happened in Cyprus