Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrynaBeTurquoise

“Eyes” as a common visual during tripping

10 posts in this topic

Anyone else experience this?

the other week on 2g of psilocybe cubensis watching planet earth admiring the beauty of the jungle, I am looking at a monkey in a tree, and this eye ? just suddenly opens up on the fur of the monkey

or your entire visual field just becoming eyes, just popping out of everything is a common one I would read of trip reports

any significance to this or symbolic meaning? 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

I haven't done psychedelics but I have visuals when I close my eyes. You also may begin to see an eye centered when you close your eyes, sometimes it's a starburst, a tunnel or a ring, but often an eye staring back at you. 

The significance is that you are part of higher intelligence, learning to identify with the one immortal "eye" or consciousness, rather than the two eyes, seeing eyes corresponds to opening the third eye, learning to truly see, etc. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

When tripping on LSD, my subconscious was communicating that I am an eye-creature, that every inch of my body is an eye that has eyes in it. Something of an insect things, but made of human eyes.

This was not a part of visuals (eye-consciousness), mind you. Just a "feeling" of what I am.
This shot from "lean on" sparks this feeling:

eye.png

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

When tripping on mushrooms I saw eyes in many plants looking at me, very ancient egyptian type feeling.

I often see eyes on my trips, on a higher dose my whole visual field has been filled with eyes that are inside a fabric of infinitely small triangles that my visual field has been filled with. The "eyes" are more just symbols of an eye, it doesn't feel like there is something watching me or anything. If it feels like anything it's a mysterious ancient feeling, like those eyes from Egyptian hieroglyphs like someone said above me.

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

Yes

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I always get eyes as the main visual, especially on LSD - to me it always felt like it meant wisdom or insight

Remember that consciousness is pure imagination. It can be highly symbolic and abstract. Eyes are like an archetype.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I always take the 'eyes' I see while tripping as, the universe looking back at me ??