Ones

Inanimate objects are conscious too

14 posts in this topic

Saw this video a while ago when I was into psychedelics. Yall can watch it and we can discuss what he experienced. 

Since there is infinite possibilities, there is also the possibility of experiencing being an inanimate object. The problem in his case was that his mind took over the experience, and he experienced all of the things that he went through in his life of being this inanimate object. 

The chair you're sitting in or bed you're laying in right now could be just as aware of what is happening as you are. The rock you threw into the water on the beach could be contemplating right now about the experience of getting thrown in the water. I'm just speculating right now. 

This is a great topic, I’ve watched that video multiple times and am familiar with a lot of his other videos too.

salvia is such an interesting substance. I was thinking about how the salvia experience relates to the fact that “everything is consciousness”

seems so many salvia experiences are people becoming inanimate objects or being in a 2D cartoon realm. Like the plant “or your true self through the plant” is trying to teach the user a specific lesson on the nature of reality that other substances don’t point to in the same way

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

YES!

Have you notice how sad you feel on a dark and gloomy rainy day? How shocked you feel when seeing a strange painting? How spooked you feel in a haunted house? How cars look like faces from the front and have different flavours of personalities?

Wake up... That's inanimate objects trying to talk to you

52 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

How cars look like faces from the front and have different flavours of personalities?

Wake up... That's inanimate objects trying to talk to you

Funny. I had this thing with my friends, when we used to smoke weed, where we gave cars names depending on what we sensed from their "personality." Never thought about it until now, but it was always a very fun time.

So are you having conversations with inanimate objects on the daily? You might not wanna tell anybody about that, besides this forum and your friends that are into this kind of stuff, lol. They may get a bit concerned :S

Edited by traveler

41 minutes ago, traveler said:

Funny. I had this thing with my friends, when we used to smoke weed, where we gave cars names depending on what we sensed from their "personality." Never thought about it until now, but it was always a very fun time.

So are you having conversations with inanimate objects on the daily? You might not wanna tell anybody about that, besides this forum and your friends that are into this kind of stuff, lol. They may get a bit concerned :S

Interesting ;) You and your friends are freaks too

Bullying in elementary school was a good way of finding that out.

14 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Interesting ;) You and your friends are freaks too

Bullying in elementary school was a good way of finding that out.

You talked about this stuff in elementary school? 

18 minutes ago, traveler said:

You talked about this stuff in elementary school? 

didn't you?

The distinction between inanimate objects and humans is imaginary. When the self fully collapses, it is impossible to distinguish yourself as a human from your carpet.

THERE IS SUCH THING AS HUMANS! You're imagining it!

When you understand this, this opens up interesting possibilities such as being a coffee table or a rock.

Consciousness is a universal field. It does not belong to humans or even to creatures. Rather the universal field of consciousness imagines humans and creatures within itself. In the same way that you might carve a human body out of a block of ice. The ego/self is that carving out process which is constantly on-going. That is what we call survival. To survive as a self you must constantly keep chiseling the ice to maintain your identity. This you do by thinking and imaging yourself to be a real self. For this you use memories, stories, concepts, emotions, and a slew of defense mechanisms such as denial, projection, justification, self-bias, etc.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The distinction between inanimate objects and humans is imaginary.

Stan Grof, in his book "When the impossible happens", which is a collection of his trip reports and healing sessions with patients under the effect of psychedelics, says that under the effect of ketamine he had the experience of his consciousness becoming a towel in his toilet, which means there must be an experience of being a towel or any other "inanimate" object because consciousness is everything.  I suggest to read that book to anyone that is still stuck in the materialistic paradigm, it would be a great add to your book list @Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Would you agree with the statement: If everything is consciousness, everything must be conscious.

6 hours ago, Brivido said:

@Leo Gura Would you agree with the statement: If everything is consciousness, everything must be conscious.

No

There is a subtle duality in this framing because it assumes that there are "things" which are conscious. Nothing is conscious. There is only consciousness and various illusions of things being conscious.

This framing of "things can be conscious" is a distortion of the ego. Consciousness is prior to things. So things cannot have consciousness. Things are imagined by consciousness.

The ocean holds fish. Fish are not born with their own private oceans.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 8/26/2019 at 7:27 AM, Leo Gura said:

The distinction between inanimate objects and humans is imaginary. When the self fully collapses, it is impossible to distinguish yourself as a human from your carpet.

THERE IS SUCH THING AS HUMANS! You're imagining it!

When you understand this, this opens up interesting possibilities such as being a coffee table or a rock.

Consciousness is a universal field. It does not belong to humans or even to creatures. Rather the universal field of consciousness imagines humans and creatures within itself. In the same way that you might carve a human body out of a block of ice. The ego/self is that carving out process which is constantly on-going. That is what we call survival. To survive as a self you must constantly keep chiseling the ice to maintain your identity. This you do by thinking and imaging yourself to be a real self. For this you use memories, stories, concepts, emotions, and a slew of defense mechanisms such as denial, projection, justification, self-bias, etc.

@Leo Gura

If humans are identical to a rock and animals, then why is the human body so complex compared to a rock ?
Why is thereso much complex machinary that makes the human work the way it does. Humans could have been made up from pure dust, like ghosts, who walk and talk but are just consciousness inside a bunch of sand particles, but instead the human body is so complex, there are entire books about how the eye works, how the ear works, how the brain works. Human body is highly complex far more than an AI machine, so if it was just consciousness why is it such a complex machinary instead of a bunch of sand with consciousness?

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

1 hour ago, remember said:

how do you know, just because the pool is so big and they let everyone swim in it doesn`t mean that the ocean is not privately owned by a fish. did you ever ask a fish who was the owner of the pool?

Leo doesn't talk to fish dude, he talks to the camera in his white shirt.

The fish has no concept of ownership and isn't even aware of the concept of "fish" by the way.

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry