Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yangmilun

What do you really litterally mean "doesn't exist"?

23 posts in this topic

"Fear is illustion."

"Self doesn't exist"

"Emotion is not real."

I don't really believe this is really help people.

While people go through fear, angry, or any other situations, I don't think the saying "doesn't exist" works. 

I try to feel "doesn't exist", maybe. maybe means ghost, or wrong thinking. 

but while thing comes, whatever me or other people surround me, we cannot understand this. 

well in the relative true - we as a human being are existing - and it would be a good start to go from a victim ego in to a "takin responsibility ego" - for example:  victim: I am suffering because of others, because I was unlucky, because I am black bla bla.
takingresponsbility ego: all the challenges I had were just to support me and let me growth -  and I am building the life  I want.
hopefully u got the idea.
And when someone reach that point - then u can go to the next step and look is there really something like a ego? guess what? there is not.

Edited by bensenbiz

You won't truly come to understand what "doesn't exist" means until you've had a Mystical experience. Until then, you'll mostly have just a concept of it. When you've had such experience, you'll come understand how illusory everything is. It'll feel like you're living in your own imagination. 

I got nothing.

6 hours ago, yangmilun said:

"Fear is illustion."

"Self doesn't exist"

"Emotion is not real."

Does fear, self and emotion exist in your dreams?

Go look for your ”self”. A hundred times, then a hundred times more, then a thousand times. Then youll get it maybe. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

11 hours ago, yangmilun said:

"Fear is illustion."

"Self doesn't exist"

"Emotion is not real."

You have to ask yourself:

What is fear? What does illusion mean?

What is a self?

And I don't think anyone says that emotions are not real, I don't agree with that statement at all.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

9 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Does fear, self and emotion exist in your dreams?

Yes

dream is a mirror that reflects what happened in the previous day.

I observe my dream, even think about the dream after wake up, 

So I know what my fear, self and emotion are happened and why it happened. 

34 minutes ago, Dan502 said:

@yangmilun what is true for you? 

The true for me is the saying "doesn't exist" only stay on theory, or fantasy. but I feel the saying is right somehow. just cannot get it. 

The true is why people who take phychodelic trip, or meditation, or experience the life, and tell others what they really got, or share what their result of "doesn't exist" to others but we cannot understand, and they know we don't understand but still share with us. 

16 hours ago, bensenbiz said:

go from a victim ego in to a "takin responsibility ego"

That is good one. It really helps beginners. 

7 hours ago, yangmilun said:

That is good one. It really helps beginners. 

ur welcome m8 - good luck on your journey

8 hours ago, yangmilun said:

Yes

dream is a mirror that reflects what happened in the previous day.

I observe my dream, even think about the dream after wake up, 

So I know what my fear, self and emotion are happened and why it happened. 

I don't mean relating sleeping dreams to wakeful life. I'm referring to within the dream itself. Within the dream itself: do fear, self and emotion exist? (without considering waking life).

Imagine a dream character named Oliver who is sad within the dream. Does Oliver and his sadness exist? Is it real or an illusion?

It's a little tricky.  Words can be traps.  

If something is being 'experienced', it is real, even if the experience is an illusion.. the illusion is still 'real'.. 

Can you experience what 'your life' was like before you were 'born'? That is 'non-existence'.. it doesn't 'exist for you' because it 'doesn't exist for you.'.. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

On 8/25/2019 at 7:02 PM, yangmilun said:

"Fear is illustion."

"Self doesn't exist"

"Emotion is not real."

I don't really believe this is really help people.

While people go through fear, angry, or any other situations, I don't think the saying "doesn't exist" works. 

I try to feel "doesn't exist", maybe. maybe means ghost, or wrong thinking. 

but while thing comes, whatever me or other people surround me, we cannot understand this. 

As a subjective experience, they are real. But objectively speaking, they are just an illusion.

It is like playing a role in a movie. You're not the actor but you're playing the role. Life is like a movie where actors are just playing their roles.

Self is not the image you are identifying with. You are nothing but the puppet of the life itself.

Once you're aware of the strings, you start to question your very own existence. But you're still a puppet. Puppet only plays its role.

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

On 2019/8/27 at 0:28 AM, Serotoninluv said:

Does Oliver and his sadness exist? Is it real or an illusion?

If he feels no safe, he decides to create what he think. for example Oliver thinks no one loves him, then he tried to tell A that B is bad guy, as well as tell B that A is no good, then both guys stand on Oliver side while he is afriad. After A and B know Oliver is lying then A and B give Oliver an unsafe situation because they know Oliver is not good. 

I think sadness create more sadness, more real situation. and that is reality, also I think this is his loop. Sadness>unsafe>wrong doing>bad result>sadness. 

All people around me have their indivual fear, and it creates collective ego that make it more complicated that I into it and suffer it too.

while people say "doesn't exist", I kind of feel they are true, but while all people have their own "illustion" and then it's real. because even I  agree that every fear is illustion or "doesn't exist" then I only feel this is word game, means that people really avoid the truely "illusion" and then back to believe what they think that fear is real. 

I do think this is so real. you are sad, I won't tell you all is no real, I will ask you why you are sad, then give you a hug.

On 2019/8/27 at 0:55 AM, Mason Riggle said:

It's a little tricky.  Words can be traps.  

I agree that words can be traps.because while I experience something then I could feel that they won't understand their fear is no working. right?

But do we believe fear is not illusion while we don't experience something just like others?

If something is being 'experienced', it is real, even if the experience is an illusion.. the illusion is still 'real'.. 

Sleeping experience is not real even if the experience is an illusion right?

it doesn't 'exist for you' because it 'doesn't exist for you.'.. 

I emm..I cannot understand, I think i still suffer fear then.-_- I do think this is an answer. 

I try:

I am 'non-existence' before I born. Yes. Logically yes,

Can I experience  'non-existence'?  no.  well, if I meditating, fine, I try. 

..it doesn't 'exist for you' because it 'doesn't exist for you.'.. THIS IS SO HARD! 

Quotation means special meaning or high light. right?

Jake does not "water the plant" because Jake is not the people who need to water the plant?

What is the point that Help me to understand fear is no real?

Fear is illustion so fear is 'non-existence'. Fear doesn't "exist for me" because fear "doesn't exist for me" ?

On 2019/8/28 at 4:17 AM, Phoenixx said:

As a subjective experience, they are real. But objectively speaking, they are just an illusion.

It is like playing a role in a movie. You're not the actor but you're playing the role. Life is like a movie where actors are just playing their roles.

Self is not the image you are identifying with. You are nothing but the puppet of the life itself.

Once you're aware of the strings, you start to question your very own existence. But you're still a puppet. Puppet only plays its role.

Totally understand. Fear is an feeling that director creates for his role in movie, and he makes the movie more interesting. 

Why some directors try to tell puppets which the illustion that director own creates for those puppet are not real? and try to let them out of movie?

If let me answer my question, then I think this is fun. 

On 2019/8/26 at 11:38 AM, Rilles said:

Go look for your ”self”. A hundred times, then a hundred times more, then a thousand times. Then youll get it maybe. 

It helps. I keep trying it. Thank you.

It means you imagine it.

It exists only because you create it. If you stop creating it, it will stop existing.

This is not a matter of belief. It is a matter of becoming conscious of how you are creating it.

For example, you are not yet conscious of how you are creating your own brith. You have confused the idea of your birth for some real event outside your own mind. It doesn't even occur to you that your birth could be imaginary.

In other words, you are basically insane, imagining stuff like a psychotic. The most importing thing you are imagining is that you are not imagining but that its all real.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, yangmilun said:

If he feels no safe, he decides to create what he think. for example Oliver thinks no one loves him, then he tried to tell A that B is bad guy, as well as tell B that A is no good, then both guys stand on Oliver side while he is afriad. After A and B know Oliver is lying then A and B give Oliver an unsafe situation because they know Oliver is not good. 

Yet Oliver is an imagination in your mind while you are sleeping. Is Oliver's sadness real or an illusion?