XYZ

Legalizing Psychedelic Substances

25 posts in this topic

This is an important thread topic I didn't see posted in the new forum yet: How might we progress towards making some of these tools to expand consciousness readily available for those who wish to use them responsibly?

It's understood that such tools are used to raise consciousness and diminish ego to levels which cannot be accessed any other way, and there are many threads on other forums about users' experiences and research. But the fact is these are banned substances in most first world countries, and for those without the right social connections, chemistry expertise, means to go on retreats abroad, nor willing to risk ordering contraband, they're basically off limits. 

I do think this is a realistic goal, since we are already seeing a trend towards decriminalization of psychedelics in certain parts of the US, and despite their illegality there is growing research into their therapeutic benefits, and even scientific acknowledgement that substances like 5-meo-DMT, LSD and psilocybin are far safe than alcohol, which in most states people are free to buy in unlimited quantities. Not just musing, here in California for example it could actually happen within the next few years, and would like to accelerate that process.

This is an important topic.

Medically, psychedelics like MDMA and mushrooms will soon be approved by the FDA for clinical use. This will happen within the next 5-10 years.

Weed legalization is important toward the ultimate legalization of psychedelics, so we need more states legalizing recreational weed, and we really need a federal legalization of weed. This might happen within the next 5-15 years.

And then we just need the most progressive states like California, Oregon, Washington, NY, etc. to start legalizing mushrooms & LSD. This should start to happen in the next 5-20 years.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And then we just need the most progressive states like California, Oregon, Washington, NY, etc. to start legalizing mushrooms & LSD.

Yes, of course.  

For some countries might take 5-10 years. For some, unfortunately might take 20-30 years. 

I really was intrigued by the Transparency International report on corruption which you posted on the blog. Imagine legalization in a 'less than 50' or 'less than 40' index rate. Disastrous. I know that it is highly unlikely...but just imagine. It might work but there is  a very high risk that come with that. 

@Donald Of course psychedelics will never be legalized in places below stage Green.

Psychedelics are far too threatening to all worldviews below Green.

America, Canada, and Northern Europe should lead the charge. Once it's proven to work there, other countries will gradually open up.

49 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course psychedelics will never be legalized in places below stage Green.

Scandinavian contries i do consider orange/green. They might have more green then America. I thought Scandinavian contries would be more open minded to legalizing psychedelics, but they are just so closed minded, even tho they have some green in them self. Weed has been legalized in some states in America and in canada. How can contries like Norway, Danmark, Finland and sweden not legalized weed and psychedelics.

@Peo Can relate, psychedelics are demonized over here in Iceland still. But weed will be legal here within 5-15 years and psychedelics might fallow some 10-20 years after that. 

But look at the bright sight, at least it will happen in the end. And it will advance humanity to turquoise the next 500-1000 years. 

37 minutes ago, Peo said:

How can contries like Norway, Danmark, Finland and sweden not legalized weed and psychedelics.

Hard to say. Scandinavia has a strong Christian influence. That certainly plays a role.

Luxemburg wants to lead recreational legalization in Europe. There is not a single country in Europe yet were weed is legalized, they want to be first.

Lately there is some talk about legalizing medicinal marijuana on EU level, too.

MDMA clinics are opening in the US this year. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/UpliftingNews/comments/cv69re/the_first_mdma_clinics_in_the_united_states_will/

Psilocybin mushrooms will likely be decriminalized and legalized long before LSD and other psychedelics. Before the full legalization of these substances, I'm hoping that we can at least decriminalize mushroom spores and grow kits in more countries to make these substances more accessible. The current laws regulating spores and grow kits are all over the place. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_psilocybin_mushrooms

On 24.8.2019 at 2:05 PM, Leo Gura said:

Hard to say. Scandinavia has a strong Christian influence. That certainly plays a role.

Here in Norway it just seem to get more and more strict. 

Psychédélic totaly threaten the cult elit ego that rule the collective subconscious.

Like if you start giving usb to clean the bullshit we put inside your mind. Lol Big no.

There is people who work toward keeping the society inside their bubble of bullshit.

6 hours ago, Rookie said:

I'm hoping that we can at least decriminalize mushroom spores and grow kits in more countries to make these substances more accessible.

:x Priority number #1

I'm surprised to hear scandinavia countries are so strict. I would of expected them to be one of the first.

I'm really interested in the causes of how places like portugal and switzerland transitioned into seeing it as a health than criminal issue. Are they just further along in green?

1 hour ago, Shadowraix said:

I'm surprised to hear scandinavia countries are so strict. I would of expected them to be one of the first.

I'm really interested in the causes of how places like portugal and switzerland transitioned into seeing it as a health than criminal issue. Are they just further along in green?

In Norway the police are misusing theire power by taking your driving license if you even admit to smoke weed more than 2 times. You don't even have to be busted for it. We got this law which says that they can take the license from anyone they suspect don't have a sober enough lifestyle, and they themselves are the judge.. Doesn't matter if you haven't been near a car or not while high. If you tell your doctor you have used it, they are obligated to report you and you lose your license. This has started happening the last couple of years, used to be you just got a fine and that was it. I guess they have gotten more strict because there has been talk of decriminalisation and some people are very much against that. Some people thing its decriminalised here already, that is complete bullshit. They will make "decriminalisation" into forced medical supervision if you are caught with something. 

On 24.8.2019 at 2:05 PM, Leo Gura said:

Edited by Fishy

@Fishy I live in Norway and in high school weed is pretty much normalized. Many people smoke weed when there like 15 to 23. I guess many young people are more open minded to weed. Its actally pretty normal to smoke in high school. 

12 minutes ago, Peo said:

@Fishy I live in Norway and in high school weed is pretty much normalized. Many people smoke weed when there like 15 to 23. I guess many young people are more open minded to weed. Its actally pretty normal to smoke in high school. 

Yes I know that, I live in Norway also and has smoked for 12 years, quit now tho.. . Plenty of young people smoke, so what. Was like this several years ago also. They thought it was gonna be legalised in the 70s lol. Still it is this strict, and the consequences are real. It depends a bit where you live in the country tho. It's more strict now than it was, probably as an opposition because of the focus in the media on weed the last years. It won't be legal until the older generations die off. 

Edited by Fishy

What's interesting is that western countries(the EU, Australia, new zealand) only start talking about decriminalising weed once Canada and the US started doing it.

mushrooms have been decriminalized in the Netherlands and Portugal for years now, yet as soon as the big US and Canada starts doing it, the rest of the western countries get FOMO

I have a theory that California was able to decriminalize weed because it has a large South American population(which are accepting to psychedelics). Maybe a supporting factor is to allow immigrants from South America to settle in western countries.

Australia actually recognises Chinese traditional medicine practitioners as proper medical doctors. This happened because of a push from the large Chinese immigration there. If the government rejected their request the government would have been called racist, and the PC warriors would have started campaigning, so they had no choice but to. Im hoping if the South American immigration increases, we can do the same thing for ayahuasca and shamanism. This would be an extremely valuable and responsible way of legalising the substance - you are only allowed to do it for healing purposes and by a medical practitioner who studies it professionally. 

5 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

2 hours ago, electroBeam said:

What's interesting is that western countries(the EU, Australia, new zealand) only start talking about decriminalising weed once Canada and the US started doing it.

The United States are largely responsible for the start of the drug war and the criminalization of drugs and psychedelics in the first place, and they spread these prohibitions to their allies across the Atlantic. Unless they start loosening and liberalizing their views and laws on drugs then it's unlikely that the rest of the world will follow suit, regardless of how far up the spiral their collective consciousness is. 

Let's not forget about the stigma and ignorance attached to the use of these substances. Nobody expected Portugal's drug policy to be as effective as it was at the time of its initial implementation, and still almost 2 decades later most of Europe has failed to follow suit and still criminalizes drug users, even after it's been proven to be effective. 

The psychedelic renaissance is strongest and has the most support in the US, so that's where legalization will most likely start. Europe is surprisingly puritanical when it comes to their drug policies. 

4 hours ago, Fishy said:

In Norway the police are misusing theire power by taking your driving license if you even admit to smoke weed more than 2 times. You don't even have to be busted for it. We got this law which says that they can take the license from anyone they suspect don't have a sober enough lifestyle, and they themselves are the judge.. Doesn't matter if you haven't been near a car or not while high. If you tell your doctor you have used it, they are obligated to report you and you lose your license. This has started happening the last couple of years, used to be you just got a fine and that was it. I guess they have gotten more strict because there has been talk of decriminalisation and some people are very much against that. Some people thing its decriminalised here already, that is complete bullshit. They will make "decriminalisation" into forced medical supervision if you are caught with something. 

That's nuts! :o

And here I thought Norway was so much more advanced than us here in the U.S. Hell I've smoked weed with cops here in Seattle. It's just a normal part of life here. Everyone does it.