Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Salvijus

Body type and doshas :)

5 posts in this topic

if your getting interested in Ayurveda, then you should see this blog 'true ayurveda' (the WordPress blog, not the website under the same name). the Ayurveda that is being put out there is SEVERELY distorted. so far as 'body type and dosha types' aren't even a real thing. its just some horseshit in a shiny package trying to cater to the westerners desire to have access to the ancient knowledge.

spend a few hours on that blog, you will have saved yourself hundreds of hours in the long run from reading (and worse, applying) bullshit knowledge

heres a list of his earlier articles, which will give you an idea of the depth of this: https://trueayurveda.wordpress.com/2012/02/

Edited by passerby

@passerby

Man, this blog changed my life. I already came in contact with Ayurveda but now I see it under a whole you paradigm.

Basically everything that western science "found out" is wrong because all the diets and health advices change over the years.

Here the author debunks the western template of health and diet: https://trueayurveda.wordpress.com/2019/04/15/do-we-in-the-west-have-any-clue-what-is-healthy-to-eat/

What's the difference between a duck?

i'm glad I could help by passing on the link (due to how complex the info is... and blogs aren't usually very easy to navigate, most people aren't going to give it much time. even I only skim half the posts coz I know I will have trouble trying to understand it).

Its a bit annoying tho, coz ignorance is bliss, it would be nice to just google "Ayurvedic dr in XYZ" and drive 20mins, but then you realize that they should not be trusted putting your health in their hands. So they your left with having to study deeply (some people are good at that), or start thinking about getting on a plane and seek out the authentic knowledge (which is a huge pain in the ass). so yeah, lol. if you want the veil pulled up and also some legit info then its a great blog.

I really want to do some online sessions with him (mostly for discussing the yoga side of things), but i'm not in a position to really implement anything new right now, so I don't wanna do it then just sitting on this knowledge and not being able to put it to use. I wanna get my shit sorted first.

Edited by passerby