How to be wise

Problems with infinite understanding

12 posts in this topic

In recent blog videos, Leo is advocating that we try to understand the Absolute. But the problem is that the Absolute cannot be understood, because it is beyond mind. All spiritual concepts of the Absolute are not it.

“The Absolute cannot be understood. Whatever you understand, you are not that.” Nisargadatta Maharaj

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

5 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

“The Absolute cannot be understood. Whatever you understand, you are not that.” Nisargadatta Maharaj

...unless you become it for once in your life. :)

there is a point that one reaches when being becomes understanding, where metaphysics & epistemology collapse into one.

The Absolute can be understood using infinite mind.

Mind is not merely a finite thing, mind can go infinite.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The Absolute can be understood using infinite mind.

Mind is not merely a finite thing, mind can go infinite.

I thought you said mind is finite.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

50 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

The Godhead.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It is possible to get deep insights and knowledge about our true nature. The way to understand is to dissolve totally into your infinite being. In that state the knowledge is there for you, but for you only. There is no way to take infinite understanding into the finite mind. This is one of the main insights I had when I dissolved into myself. 

2 minutes ago, traveler said:

It is possible to get deep insights and knowledge about our true nature. The way to understand is to dissolve totally into your infinite being. In that state the knowledge is there for you, but for you only. There is no way to take infinite understanding into the finite mind. This is one of the main insights I had when I dissolved into myself. 

@traveler Yes...its insane..as the Godhead duality and non-duality are One and are happening simultaneously - kind of as they are now accept you are God's mind not the ego.  And only certain things will be revealed at a time usually.  Otherwise it's much too much to take back to the finite mind at once.

There is also the realization of Oneness in which you literally take God's perspective in form and can see that all of this is in your mind and everything and everyone is you.  That was some terrifying but beautiful stuff.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@traveler Yes...its insane..as the Godhead duality and non-duality are One and are happening simultaneously - kind of as they are now accept you are God's mind not the ego.  And only certain things will be revealed at a time usually.  Otherwise it's much too much to take back to the finite mind at once.

Yes. I got shot straight through to pure oneness after smoking weed outside on a bench one day. I had been looking for something for a while, because I intuited that there was something really close to me but I was unable to see it. Then when I smoked weed that day my ego felt like it literally popped, and i found myself in this infinite space receiving constant insights. I know that this moment right now is the exact moment that it happened, but my experience has been drawn back into a more constricted space. 

There is also the realization of Oneness in which you literally take God's perspective in form and can see that all of this is in your mind and everything and everyone is you.  That was some terrifying but beautiful stuff.  

I've been having these experiences more often lately, the experience of taking gods perspective. I had it today in the airport. You can see yourself in every form as you said. You can also see very clearly how almost every form seems to be constricted and consumed by ego. It is all you but you're not yet ready to accept who you are and who you aren't. I feel like I've been getting more used to it, so it doesn't feel terrifying, just liberating. When you see yourself, there is a very strong urge to see yourself again, so when it happens it's a big relief. And then before you know it, you seem to lose yourself again, and get shot straight back into identification with form. I think it's a slow process of going back and forth until you no longer lose yourself in form anymore, and you (god) just start lucid dreaming. 

3 hours ago, How to be wise said:

It's both, since infinite/finite is a duality. Depends on what state of consciousness you're in.

Everything you think is finite is actually infinite at a high enough degree of consciousness.

There is the human mind, and then there is Universal Mind. The human mind is just a partial form of Universal Mind, the way a finger is part of a hand. When mind becomes Universal Mind, everything becomes knowable.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Understanding isn't happening in the mind. The mind can create thoughts based on certain understandings, but understanding itself is not in the mind. 

Understanding isn't happening in thoughts, it's happening in the silence between the thoughts.

The ability to understand anything is part of the intelligence of consciousness itself. 

15 hours ago, How to be wise said:

The eyes see all but themselves

You're the absolute!

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny