tsuki

YT channel: Academy of ideas

5 posts in this topic

One of the best channels I stumbled upon on youtube that deals with topics related to self-development.
It mostly covers philosophy, psychology and art and is a good introduction to spirituality from the humanistic approach.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki I enjoyed the video! Years ago I heard someone loosely describe Fourth Way Inquiry work as Contemplative psychoanalysis. In some of A H Almaas's earlier lectures he mentions Karen Horney's work which he has read extensively in his own search. 

The following video was in the prompt after I watched your video post. This seems to fit the category you've made and I enjoyed it. When I watch some more from Academy of Ideas and I enjoy them, I'll post them. If you want to keep it 100% Acadamy of Ideas please let me know and I'll take this one down.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Academy of Ideas! Though the channels content is dualistic, it truly is one of the golden rescourses amongst the common shiet and is a great guiding light for thousands of young people lost within mindless, trash marketing/consumerism. I wonder if the creators (two youngish brothers) will grow into spiritual teachings soon and start sharing such :) I'm happy they are able to make a good living, educate themselves further and spread passion, purpose and self-actualization.

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

Beautiful

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Love the content and the straight to the point approach which means the video's don't have to be lengthy.

The arrogant, ungrateful bastard in me finds their robotic talking really annoying. But good stuff if I can let that go!