Leo Gura

Questions About Love? - Ask Here

205 posts in this topic

I think everything in human life is about survival and competition, could humans realizing unconditional love make our survival and competition more harmonious? Sort of like we'd all play board games for example instead of fighting wars with each other as a healthier way of stimulating our survival/competitive instincts or would we transcend all that in some way I don't understand.

I hope my comment isn't too stupid.

4 hours ago, wk197 said:

I think everything in human life is about survival and competition, could humans realizing unconditional love make our survival and competition more harmonious? Sort of like we'd all play board games for example instead of fighting wars with each other

Indeed

We could stop acting like animals.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Why loving myself is so hard? I had multiple insights and experiences that every creation and every moment of this eternity is made from love for love, from me for me just expressed in different ways, but in the end I always feel like I want to run from myself. Like I'm dying instead of living. I know that all answers are within me, I ask God what I want to know and he provides me the answer the moment I finish my question. I have been working on transforming that fear to love for 3 or 4 years now, and I am in the place the same as when I started. I stopped meditating long time ago because it get too intense physical. I'm surrendering always to everything but the fear is so rooted in me. I can't express myself through conversation or any day to day experience.,.I can only feel alive when I take a high dose of shrooms or 4aco dmt when I die mentally, when I surrender to death. Those are the only times I feel love and peace with myself. If you have any advice for me, i would be thankful.

14 hours ago, Brdman said:

Why loving myself is so hard?

Fear and deep habits of self-judgment.

Social survival is deeply wired into your mind.

I had multiple insights and experiences that every creation and every moment of this eternity is made from love for love, from me for me just expressed in different ways, but in the end I always feel like I want to run from myself. Like I'm dying instead of living. I know that all answers are within me, I ask God what I want to know and he provides me the answer the moment I finish my question. I have been working on transforming that fear to love for 3 or 4 years now, and I am in the place the same as when I started. I stopped meditating long time ago because it get too intense physical. I'm surrendering always to everything but the fear is so rooted in me. I can't express myself through conversation or any day to day experience.,.I can only feel alive when I take a high dose of shrooms or 4aco dmt when I die mentally, when I surrender to death. Those are the only times I feel love and peace with myself. If you have any advice for me, i would be thankful.

More, deeper awakenings are required and some serious, industrial-grade spiritual practices like meditation/yoga/concentration.

Psychedelics will not rewire decades of bad mind habits. That requires daily practices over years.

Emotional mastery is the hardest part of this work. It's much harder than a few awakenings and psychedelics alone will not be enough for that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Not a question but a quote. Hopefully it can help someone here. This one comes from one of the "must reads" on Leo's booklist. Such a great insight. 

"perfect love is to feeling what perfect white is to colour. Many think White is the absence of colour. It is not. it is the inclusion of all colour. white is every other colour that exists, combined"

"So, too, love is not the absense of emotion.  (hatred, anger, lust, jealousy, covetousness), But the summation of all feeling, It is the sum total. The aggregate amount. The everything."

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."