Leo Gura

Questions About Love? - Ask Here

205 posts in this topic

On 8/21/2019 at 6:13 PM, d0ornokey said:

Ik it's not the topic but I've always wanted to know what true love meant in intimate relations and friendships 

@d0ornokey Many people think love is a feeling. It cant be merely a feeling because certain drugs can manipulate your feelings of love.

Love is a choice. It is action. It is a decision to serve the other person for their best and highest good, despite your feelings. Feelings do not minimize real love.

Many relationships suffer because people wait for the feelings to show up to express love.

Hopefully, the other person is moving in that direction too or it will be unbalanced.

Edited by Matt8800

@Mikael89 And it never will make sense to you until you have some profound, reality-shattering awakenings.

So I will no long bother explaining it to you. You must do the work. I spoil you with way too much explanation. It makes you weak and lazy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

How can it be Love when it doesn't show itself even when you ask it to show itself?

- - - - - - - -

So this is what happened: God was all Love, everything was amazing, zero problems, pure bliss, but then He got the "brilliant idea" that He must "share it with others", so he created a infinite amount of suffering beings, just so they can suffer and then come back to Love?

Well, imo that doesn't make much sense.

What's the point in creating a infinite amount of suffering beings?

there is no suffering - its your POV

@Leo Gura

How would you "describe" or "position" Love relative to Being?

I have experiences (from where afterwards I create certain concepts of it) of what Being is, and also of Being Love.

I can't however pinpoint them like I would regarding the Absolute and the relative.

❤️?

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

∞∞∞∞ Rumi ∞∞∞∞

I agree with @bensenbiz

@Mikael89 I like the quote from Ralph Waldo

People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.

Just because you are experiencing suffering doesn’t mean everyone else is, plus even if you do, suffering is part of life, you can’t experience bliss and happiness without darkness, this is duality. A baby coming out of the womb doesn’t think about the pain, there is a force behind it, like everything else in the universe, we can’t evolve without suffering, and I call this force love, it’s the thing that keeps us going, it’s evolution, it’s not always pretty, evolution and awakening happen in the level of oneness, the separation felt by the ego is what causes suffering, when you think you are all alone and is a poor little thing separated from the whole world, if you live your life with faith and surrender there will be no suffering, that’s what Leo’s last video is about, letting go and trusting the universe.

For a seed to achieve its greatest expression, it must come completely undone. The shell cracks, its insides come out and everything changes. To someone who doesn't understand growth, it would look like complete destruction. 

Cynthia Occelli

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

@Leo Gura This is kind of a tecnicality but... in the conversations with god books Neale talks about not killing under any circumstance.  I think he is talking about a sort of Obi One Kenobi thing like when he lets Darth Vader kill him.

I kind of agree with you that sometimes you got to kill if pushed to the limits.

What do you think about this?   How do you reconcile this difference? 

3 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

And billions of other POVs. And you say "there is no suffering"..

When you desperately have to be right: just ignore/deny the reality of billions of beings.

That kind of insanity makes me feel sick in the stomach.

No, but many many more do.

Yes you said it: duality. Bravo.

- - - - - - - -

I'm done in this thread.

how can u tell someone who never had an orgasm how a orgasm feels? here we go.
Leo is one of the rare ones who can describe it pretty good - even if its impossible to describe.
experience > rationality

But its still funny how u get always offended and quit the conversation.
please dont leave this thread - here is just love - but even if you leave it
will be out of love  ;);) 

On 8/24/2019 at 1:11 AM, whoareyou said:

-How important is it to realize what is love before entering a romantic relationship? ( total absolute self-acceptance and self-love)

-What is the difference between "love"  and the intense "in love" feeling that a person experiences towards their partner?

-Would a person who is totally conscious of what is love, ever feel heartbroken and experience suffering after a breakup? In other words, does this pain only come from attachment or is this totally normal when you actually love somebody?

@Leo Gura Could you please answer these questions or at least address them in your videos? 

5 hours ago, Nexeternity said:

@Leo Gura This is kind of a tecnicality but... in the conversations with god books Neale talks about not killing under any circumstance.  I think he is talking about a sort of Obi One Kenobi thing like when he lets Darth Vader kill him.

I kind of agree with you that sometimes you got to kill if pushed to the limits.

What do you think about this?   How do you reconcile this difference? 

You can aim for that, but it is not possible in practice. Life cannot exist without death.

This becomes especially problematic at the collective level. Even if you stop killing at the individual level, in collectives there will still be choices made which result in the loss of life.

Remember, life is not only limited to human life. There is animal life, plant life, and even microscopic life.

Your body has to kill bacteria by the thousands every day just for you to stay alive.

This question of killing is a lot more complex than people think.

Of course I don't recommend you kill humans. At an individual level you should be able to avoid it in decent parts of the world.

But my point is, just because you avoid it doesn't mean you can now call others who do it evil. You must see why killing is necessary for some.

As Neale said, nothing is good or bad.

Does love dissolve all 'problems' when truly felt? Especially how deep the feeling of gods love goes. Seems like humans always are looking for a problem or reason for why they can't be loved. Love be like "that's okay" "I understand". The feeling of love just goes deeper and deeper. When there is no problem to solve, nothing to protect, nothing to do is what remains love? 

How is everything love, and not just "is-ness"?

Is this something that can be gradually realized through mindfulness and the stripping away of beliefs, or does it require some "active ingredient"? Is it so advanced you need psychedelics or some kind of "supercharged" state of consciousness to become aware of it?

Is this realization the end-result of a total opening of the heart?

I am myself, heaven and hell.

24 minutes ago, Commodent said:

How is everything love, and not just "is-ness"?

Is-ness = Love

But this requires an insight to grok.

It is not enough to only grok is-ness, you can probe deeper into what is-ness is.

You can also notice that is-ness is Emptiness, or Intelligence, or Will. And all of these will be distinct insights. Just because you grok one does not mean you grok them all.

It's sort of like tasting wine. You can taste it as a noob and only discern 1 or 2 qualities. Or you can taste it like a master and discern 5-10 qualities, even though it's all one wine.

In the end what you're doing is discerning what consciousness is.

Consciousness = Truth = Love = Being = Isness = Will = Intelligence = God = Nothing = Infinity = Eternity = Now = Perfection = Goodness = Absolute = Nowhere = All = Oneness = Universe = Self = Divinity

Is this something that can be gradually realized through mindfulness and the stripping away of beliefs, or does it require some "active ingredient"? Is it so advanced you need psychedelics or some kind of "supercharged" state of consciousness to become aware of it?

Hard to say as there are probably multiple ways to get there.

There certianly exist mystics who got it without psychedelics.

You need a very radical shift in consciousness according to my experience. I call it full God-mode. It's superhuman consciousness beyond anything I can meditate to. But then again, Love is right here right now, at all times. Once you grok it, it's so obvious you can hardly miss it. You don't need to feel love to know it's all around you.

Is this realization the end-result of a total opening of the heart?

Not necessarily.

I don't consider my heart totally open, whatever that even means.

- - - - - - -

Take some LSD and ask it, what is Love? Why make this so difficult? You can solve this whole headache in 30 minutes.

11 hours ago, Psychonaut said:

Does love dissolve all 'problems' when truly felt? Especially how deep the feeling of gods love goes. Seems like humans always are looking for a problem or reason for why they can't be loved. Love be like "that's okay" "I understand". The feeling of love just goes deeper and deeper. When there is no problem to solve, nothing to protect, nothing to do is what remains love? 

At the epic states of consciousness I've been in, problems cannot even be imagined. They simply make so sense.

A problem is really a delusion.

At such a level of consciousness I cannot even imagine my own death. Death literally becomes impossible. There is a point at which you are too conscious to die.

@Leo Gura Thanks for the illuminating reply.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Take some LSD and ask it, what is Love? Why make this so difficult? You can solve this whole headache in 30 minutes.

Is it safe to do it solo? None of my friends are into psychedelics, or even into the idea of me taking it.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

why the nature of people makes them turned off by GENIUNE LOVE  and expressing it when tryin to pick up ?

,like we always need to play games ? including myself too when you don't show m love i m more intrigued and attracted to youu ....

6 hours ago, Commodent said:

@Leo Gura Thanks for the illuminating reply.

Is it safe to do it solo? None of my friends are into psychedelics, or even into the idea of me taking it.

All my trips have been solo.

8 hours ago, Commodent said:

I prefer it solo. It's deeper. With others, there's always some functional shred of ego left and you need to worry about their comfort and safety.

I have noticed that introverts like it solo and extroverts like it together. Who could have expected that? xD

24 minutes ago, Girzo said:

I prefer it solo. It's deeper. With others, there's always some functional shred of ego left and you need to worry about their comfort and safety.

I have noticed that introverts like it solo and extroverts like it together. Who could have expected that? xD

As an introvert I like both. Alone you definitely have the capacity to go deeper into yourself, but theres a really cool dynamic synergy that I've learned so much about from doing trips with friends and my significant other. Plus you get to be like a tour guide that exposes more people to this work. For self fulfilling endeavors go solo, to help more people wake up go with a few people. Just my 2 cents