Leo Gura

Questions About Love? - Ask Here

205 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, remember said:

@Truth Addict xD

if you would tell that to a painter, they would think you might be colour blind.

I already told you that you win. What more do you want?

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Again, it's tricky here. God's plan is so epic that it's hard for the human mind to comprehend. The plan is highly non-linear. It's not like a movie director planning out a movie. Rather God's plan involves creating creators and giving them freedom to creator. It's a sort of meta-plan. The plan is to allow as many beings as possible to experience being God. For this plan to succeed God cannot force you to do stuff. God has to allow freedom for experimentation, making mistakes, conflict, catastrophe, etc. Things are not set in stone. Everything is fluid, and yet it all works perfectly in the end. That's the genius of the design. Any fool can write a linear story. But how do you write a story which allows every character in the story to write his own story and not have it turn into utter chaos?

See, since God is totally selfless, it is not interested in ruling over you. It is interested in having you rule over yourself. So you could know the glory of being God.

God is like the ultimate massively multiplayer video game designer. How you play the game is in your hands. It's an infinite sandbox. The plan is that you make the plan ;)

Does this mean even if we do not exist we have free will? 

Is the freedom we have over our lives  the same as free will? 

Would this mean we actually have control, even if we arent real? 

And I mean autonomous independent control over our lives

Edited by Schahin

3 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

I don't know. And I don't think it's possible to know. God doesn't have to be rational.

If I say because it's infinite love, then the question arises: why is it infinite love? And so on we go back to strange loops and the mazes of the mind.

Any answer to the question "why?" only begs more questions. The ultimate answer is that I don't know and that I don't need to know.

The question "why?" implies that God has a purpose, and if God has a purpose, that implies that God is incomplete.

Contemplate deeper.

God is no fool. It knows exactly what it's doing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think I know what it means.

There are Signs and pointers in everything.

:)

9 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Yeah. Don't act realised while you're still not.

Oh wow. Are you the wokeness police around here? lol

10 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Once you wake up you will understand.  Right now to you Love is still a concept.  Absolute Love is something different.

What would reality be if it wasn't Love? It would be dumb and dry.  Remember that you / God are Infinitely intelligent.   When you are infinitely intelligent you need to go beyond understanding - you need to feel and be what you are in order to fully know it.  That is Love.  Think about what a universe would be if it wasn't Infinite Love and Infinite Intelligence?  It simply couldn't be.  If it was a dumb, feelingless clockwork universe then guess what? We would be looking for its source - as scientists are still doing today.

My point is that whatever reality is, it is that thing. That thing isn't a word for sure. 

I'm not trying to dismiss love here or saying that the universe is dumb.

But there is no need imo  to call war or murder love. It's just war and murder. To call it reality or just something that happens feels more true than to call it love.

Imagine if all of reality would be water in all directions and dimensions. Would you say that war and murder is wet in this case? "It's all wet!". But it doesn't matter because there is no other substance anyway, so wet compared to what? It's not wet, it's just what is. If you can't compare love with anything, it's just reality.

Shaun,

My first response had some reactionary content in it. Sorry about that and I strive for Right Speech and to find a way to be a better communicator.

What seemed important was to communicate the price of failing perspective in the long run and falling into bitterness. You could waste a lot of time.

For the short term, in relative time... it's going to suck. No amount of forum feeding or theory or even Empathy, Bodhicitta (or whatever) is going to keep it from sucking. 

The wings of wisdom are two when there's a body. So the price of enjoyment is pain. No amount of Enlightenment can do away with this, since there's going to be some sort of illusion when there is a body.  

Yes, Cancer == Ananda (love to be).

The worst part of it all, the bitch of it all... ...is that the more your heart opens to Compassion, the more Ananda breaks open and realizes Who Loves to Be (The Totality)....the deeper the pain. Broader scope of Realization, greater sensitivity. Open up and say "OW!"

It's trappy to start believing we have been dealt some crappy hand out of the Entropic deck of cards. But it's easy to do. Our object oriented minds do it automatically, while our hearts burn on the alter of falsity.

16 hours ago, mandyjw said:

I'm so sorry. I recently lost my dog to a massive spleen tumor. A few weeks before he died, I lost my Grandmother, and the night she died I had a mystical experience. My mom told me that she thought it would be within the next few days that she died and she said to send good thoughts to her. So I did tonglen for her. In breath take on their suffering, outbreath breathe out peace. And very clearly for the first time ever since doing the practice, my intentions bounced back to me and I felt this deep sense of peace. It wasn't her pain, it was my pain. My mom told me an hour later that she had passed. Something was waking up in me, something that knew that death and suffering were illusion. That was the first glimpse. Death is an opening. 

It sounds cruel and ridiculous when you try to describe it to someone, that everything is love. But please believe, it can be experienced and seen. 

Thank you for sharing this amazing Tonglen experience. 

35 minutes ago, Echoes said:

Oh wow. Are you the wokeness police around here? lol

My point is that whatever reality is, it is that thing. That thing isn't a word for sure. 

I'm not trying to dismiss love here or saying that the universe is dumb.

But there is no need imo  to call war or murder love. It's just war and murder. To call it reality or just something that happens feels more true than to call it love.

Imagine if all of reality would be water in all directions and dimensions. Would you say that war and murder is wet in this case? "It's all wet!". But it doesn't matter because there is no other substance anyway, so wet compared to what? It's not wet, it's just what is. If you can't compare love with anything, it's just reality.

I understand your point.  That's why dualities are created - like war and peace.  Or love and hate.  Because the realm of the relative is dualistic and finite.   But when you collapse all duality you are left with isness.. and isness is synonymous with Absolute Love - (a fundamental facet of the Absolute) not relative Love.  So yes to call isness relative love (lowercase l) would be true but a partial truth - incomplete and therefore in a sense false.   

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

If other Beings would not act selfishly You wouldn't beleive That Reality is real. 

Your body-mind would hardly be able to claim Awareness as It's perceptions. That's how illusion of life starts.

Illusion of different creatures different minds all happening inside one Awareness. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@theking00 if you don't even embrace relative love you won't have a chance of ever realizing that you are the Absolute - even if you stuffed yourself with DMT for a decade.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Being is slippery, and sticky...ya know.

You grasp at it, it scoots outta the way. You have a direct Consciousness of Sat/Chit/Ananda, start using words that are debased already in language, like Love, and one starts to sound pretty inauthentic pretty rapidly.

I'm no damn exception. I haven't read all these posts, but what about the force that allows Shaun to love his dog in the first place. The Freedom that allows for that.

Question that. Lay bare the gaps.

10 minutes ago, theking00 said:

love is for weak people. 

Yes, the strong ones have plenty of it and give it away freely and fearlessly.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@theking00 if you don't even embrace relative love you won't have a chance of ever realizing that you are the Absolute - even if you stuffed yourself with DMT for a decade.

love is fairy tale and egoistic 

28 minutes ago, theking00 said:

love is fairy tale and egoistic 

Yes I agree with You on this. More power and higher survival abilities You have more You Will be loved.Your girlfriend or friend do not really love You at all. Everything is highly conditional. 

Want an example. 

@Nahm speaks about talk about with your loved ones about how they feel and What sensations they experiences You Might do this. But everything your love one is about is, Can he fullfill my egoic desires. If he can't I Will Find other Who Can. 

That's how it really works. It is really sad to be a devil and be around devils. 

What I really like about this is That at some level all of your neediness clinginess egoic desires and wants Will evaporate so You would not need any of them and You Will be completely self reliant a bit dettached.

If You do this, this psychological work correctly, You would not have anything against being locked up alone in cell forever. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

I promissed I Will give/speak Truth. Yeah, well deserved bashing. God deluded, but Will work on Complete understanding. Will master the shit out of this so That I Can fullfill my Mission of finding way to heal main dysfunction humanity has and that's Narcissism and egotism. My entrance in human realm. What a ticket from angelic realm. 

OK, maybe I sounded a bit nihilistic. Everything is Perfect, You Will see this later about conditional Love it only appears to be so. 

Be greatfull for any so called experience there is Infinite Love/Intelligence behind it ALL. It is Just so God damn well masked. So chase Truth and You Will realize all of this. 

Wish to thank @Leo Gura for removing some blind spots, never really pondered Just depth of this whole thing. That I still make separations and giving value btw various "states" of Consciousness. 

What really deep down shocks me is amount of lies, You need to hold to live as human. Omfg how much I lie about everything. 

Love is pure inclusiveness and hatred an attempt at resistance of love to a object outside of self. 

Edited by Wlangr

"The Universe is Mental--held in the Mind of THE ALL."

--The Kybalion.

You are life itself, You are "objects" outside of "self". As such You are fundamental acceptance and Absolute Love. 

You can't avoid this, You May Try but You are Just resisting yourself. Deny yourself and You Will suffer. 

Good thing is that You are in a sense above all of this. You can't be harmed by dream. Consciousness is completelly Empty has no substance (Yeah it does fundamental one ❤️). 

13 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

You are life itself, You are "objects" outside of "self". As such You are fundamental acceptance and Absolute Love. 

You can't avoid this, You May Try but You are Just resisting yourself. Deny yourself and You Will suffer. 

Good thing is that You are in a sense above all of this. You can't be harmed by dream. Consciousness is completelly Empty has no substance (Yeah it does fundamental one ❤️). 

Well said. :)

Edited by Wlangr

"The Universe is Mental--held in the Mind of THE ALL."

--The Kybalion.

Leo,

How has becoming conscious of Infinite Love changed your everyday spiritual practices? Has It changed them at all?

One enlightened master I conversed with (who also spoke about Infinite Love) said that he weeps with tears of joy for hours and often yearns for God.

Secondly, an egotistical question: How does Love change one's interpersonal relationships and the way in which they interact with others? Even if a conscious person tries to do something for the Absolute Good, others might view it as an act of arrogance/hatred and as a result, from their perspective, nothing in the relationship will have changed.

Cheers!

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

Is love important or practical to understand as a person in stage orange or do I have to move up to at least green to be interested to contemplate love because I'm more focused on success right now ?