Leo Gura

Questions About Love? - Ask Here

205 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Echoes said:

Very convincing.

Yeah. Don't act realised while you're still not.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Do you honestly think that all of the fine structures of reality are here willy-nilly? Just an accident that happens to turn out like this?

When I am deeply immersed, those questions don't make any sense at all.

15 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

When I am deeply immersed, those questions don't make any sense at all.

Just because you're in some state of no-mind or absorption doesn't mean you have insight into reality.

Meditative states are not good enough here. You have to want insight. Which requiring questioning.

You can bliss out in meditation all you want, but it doesn't mean you understand what's going on and why.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Extreme Z7 said:

That almost sounds like nihilism to me. That you can create anything and it doesn't really matter what you choose to create.

Otherwise known as freedom.

You are so used to living in a jail cell that when some hands you the key you tell him, "Why would I want to leave? It's comfy in here."

2 hours ago, Echoes said:

@Leo Gura I don't know what love is anymore to be honest. In the past I understood it to be something positive, just like most other humans probably. A satisfying, affectionate and exciting feeling. Seems what's positive is only in relation to what I think I want. The dictionary mostly defines the word "Love" in these terms.

But if you include everything as being Love, these definitions and understandings of this word do not make sense anymore.

My questions: Why even use the word "Love" for describing existence? It seems misleading and confusing to the conventional understanding of the word. And ultimately reality is no word. Similar problem with the word "God".

Reality is Reality. Reality is not love. A tumor is a tumor. A tumor is not love. 

Everything is just itself, why ascribe some ultimate goodness to it? Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that things like disease, torture, rape just are reality/life instead of using this vague word?

Once you wake up you will understand.  Right now to you Love is still a concept.  Absolute Love is something different.

What would reality be if it wasn't Love? It would be dumb and dry.  Remember that you / God are Infinitely intelligent.   When you are infinitely intelligent you need to go beyond understanding - you need to feel and be what you are in order to fully know it.  That is Love.  Think about what a universe would be if it wasn't Infinite Love and Infinite Intelligence?  It simply couldn't be.  If it was a dumb, feelingless clockwork universe then guess what? We would be looking for its source - as scientists are still doing today.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Just because you're in some state of no-mind or absorption doesn't mean you have insight into reality.

Meditative states are not good enough here. You have to want insight. Which requiring questioning.

You can bliss out in meditation all you want, but it doesn't mean you understand what's going on and why.

The insight that I keep getting is that it is what it is, and whatever I believe becomes reality.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict Sure, but WHY is it this way and not some other way?

Everything is That infinite Love. Why it was apparently hidden?

So That God Can provide You infinite Joy of Self discovery? 

2 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Why it was apparently hidden?

For the same reason Truth is hidden.

Survival

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

For the same reason Truth is hidden.

Survival

7 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Everything is That infinite Love. Why it was apparently hidden?

So That God Can provide You infinite Joy of Self discovery? 

2 hours ago, Echoes said:

Indeed it is a catch 22.  By surviving as you, God is Being.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Leo Gura If someone embodies love fully (as full as is humanly possible), will they become all lovey-dovey? And is becoming conscious of love to be equated to empathy in any way? How does compassion, empathy and etc fit in with (embodying)/(becoming conscious of) love? 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

2 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Can Love of God be so full and infinite That average Joe Can become That same God by removing the Joe? 

The Love of God (i.e.Grace) can and does show "Joe", that he doesn't exist , and that "I, (God alone), Am" the sole reality".
"Joe" is an imagination,thinking he is an individual person, capable of becoming something beyond himself.
'Joe' doesn't know he doesn't exist,and thoroughly believes,(and persists) in the imagination/dreaming of himself as being real.
"Joe" revolves around in his own, compartmentalized little world of delusion,thinking he is the creator,the doer,and the chooser of his own will.
If 'Joe" wakes up one day to the suffering he is causing himself, through his own self-deluded desires,choices and actions,he will seek another way, beyond his current "self." But "Joe's" idea of becoming something "better" or "other than" himself,still involves himself. "Joe", will still be Joe's idea (i.e.,imagination) of himself.
"Joe" just becomes (to himself) a "more improved" ,yet again, imagined, version of himself. "Joe" can never get out of "Joe" because "Joe" will always be looking for what he thinks is good for himself. "Joe", doesn't know he isn't this person called "Joe". If Grace or the Love of God "shows up","Joe" will be shown to have always been an imagination. A dream,that never truly existed.
The dissolution  of 'Joe", is the "new beginning" or "re-birth", to what has always been.To ones "original face" in Zen.
Or, as Jesus said: "Even before Abraham.."I Am"

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Angelite Allah's love does not discriminate between ego and God, love and hate.

"Discrimination" is your projection. 

Leo are you Green?...

?

Edited by Angelite

@Guru Fat Bastard Well Yes that's all True and You Can become directly concious That You are Just an idea and not real at all. What If question of God. God on exploration. Consciousness exploring itself. 

I am really pondering That question, Omg how much You Will suffer If You do not recognize Love/Consciousness as True self and You hold on self/fear/person. It's living hell. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not saying that cancer is acting out of some personal love that it feels. Rather, cancer is simply a byproduct of the entire structure of the universe, which is designed to maximize love. For example, God created you with the freedom to create things. You can create a cigarette and smoke it. Then you can get cancer from it. That is simply a byproduct of how you choose to live your life and what you choose to create.

God doesn't mind giving you enough rope to hang yourself. This is how you learn what life is.

Cancer is largely a creation of mankind. We created it with the food and chemicals we create. If mankind really wanted to, we could restructure society to eliminate 95% of cancer cases. God's top priority is not your comfort but your freedom. You are free to poison yourself and the planet. You are free to nuke the whole world. That's the fun of creation. God wants to see what you will create. Will you create heaven or hell? Either way is fine from God's POV because God's Love is unlimited. Nothing you create, no matter how horrific, can shake God' Love. God will Love it because God is all things and God is too conscious to hate itself. God is incapable of self-hatred, other than through human form. Self-hatred is only possible at less than infinite consciousness.

It is a test.

With freedom comes responsibility. If you are not given freedom, you won't be held responsible. You'll be innocent. 

It is a test. To differentiate between the ego & the truthful. That's how Reality works. 

" Either way is fine from God's POV because God's Love is unlimited. Nothing you create, no matter how horrific, can shake God' Love. God will Love it because God is all things and God is too conscious to hate itself. God is incapable of self-hatred, other than through human form. Self-hatred is only possible at less than infinite consciousness."

^Projections made onto God , a byproduct of being partial... 

Hence not Truth. 

I would say your preference. Or "your" delusions? "your" truth? ...

Edited by Angelite

This isn't a question but I think love itself has some paradoxes. I watched a near death experience a while back and they said when they were feeling this unconditional love, it felt as if they were loved the most. They were shown that when this unconditional love loved someone else, the other that experienced the love would also feel that they were loved the most. 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Truth Addict Sure, but WHY is it this way and not some other way?

I don't know. And I don't think it's possible to know. God doesn't have to be rational.

If I say because it's infinite love, then the question arises: why is it infinite love? And so on we go back to strange loops and the mazes of the mind.

Any answer to the question "why?" only begs more questions. The ultimate answer is that I don't know and that I don't need to know.

The question "why?" implies that God has a purpose, and if God has a purpose, that implies that God is incomplete.

If I were to give my best shot at answering the question, then I would say that it's because of me, everything is the way that it is for me to be who I am, and to live this story. In other words, if God has a missing piece, then that piece is me.

Edited by Truth Addict

@remember

The shift in consciousness between tier one and tier two is the shift between being soppy and naive and being realistic and integral. The further one develops, the more integrated they get.

Edited by Truth Addict

10 hours ago, Shaun said:

I understand a bit better now. It's just perspective then. A terrorist acts based on love for their religion or ideology, I can see that but how can a cancer act based on love if it's just a heap of cells multiplying? It surely doesn't have the capacity to love like something more complex like the terrorist?

Complexity can vary of course, your love for your dog is more complex than its love for you. One way to describe reality itself would be to say that it's an infinite stack of different complexities.

Ultimately, complexity is a relative term you just made up. It's also the nature of language to personify living systems, I bet that the cancer cells don't have eloquent opinions on current affairs, they are really not "doers" or "lovers" in the way language makes it seem. 

The question you are originally asking is the classic "If God is a loving God, why would he allow such misery and unjustice in the world". Classic objection to christianity. Both the question and the answer cut very deep, it's not so simple to formulate an answer because the answer is utterly paradigm shattering. 

Edited by molosku

what is the function of crying when we see beauty ?

are we pure killing machine aimed toward efficient surviving or is there truly a way to get out ?

1 hour ago, remember said:

xD realistic can also be a trait of blue...

So what? Yellow integrates Green and that.

1 hour ago, remember said:

don`t confuse it with tier two. talking about "them"

Okay you win.

Edited by Truth Addict