Leo Gura

Questions About Love? - Ask Here

205 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, remember said:

@Angelite don`t you think that an eye for an eye is mockery of love already? what is a reason if the reason for killing is love but the killing is not. the eye is there to protect, not to kill.

Killing for love is selfish. Even if it's infinite love. You can only kill when there is a valid reason. 

Or else, one life is equal to the whole of mankind. That's your karma. 

An eye for an eye is neutral.

If you forgive, then it's mercy on your part, you'll get your reward that will manifest in a different way. 

If you don't forgive, and don't take the eye, it will manifest in a different way for the other person. 

That's how you become free from shadows. 

But it is important not to do injustice to others. Or else the karma will turn back to you. 

But forgiveness, will elevate you in a whole different level. You'll be free. And shall have your reward.

You can't fake forgiveness. So don't do injustice to others. Especially to children and orphans. 

Edited by Angelite

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Love is a distinct awakening that one must have. Some people, especially masculine men who tend to skew towards autistic may have a limited ability to realize love. Many men have closed hearts or avoid emotional expressiveness.

For example, I'm not sure if a clinical psychopath can realize Love. My guess is he can, but he's just not very likely to.

As someone who has high functioning autism, I can say that I used to really close myself off from love (not as a child, but afterwards). However, one of the things that really changed for me was when I watched your “How To Be A Man - Part 2” episode where you talk about owning and accentuating our feminine qualities. I started getting more in touch with that this past year. Just last month, I became friends with a a girl. I can express all my emotions to her and she can really relate to them. We don’t judge each other and accept each other for who we are, but especially the flaws. She even opened up to me about how she is constantly suicidal. She was contemplating suicide one day; the only person she could open up to at that moment was me. 

Is this one example of love?

Edited by AlldayLoop

I am not sure if these have been answered:

Is love just a different word for non-resistance?

What differentiates love from not loving?

How do you know whether your love will truly be the best thing for all? Can love be abused?

Edited by Commodent

I am myself, heaven and hell.

If God has created all of „this“ and then took (in this case) human form and made itself forget it did it... 

And then invented evolution, „life“ and „the world“ to learn to love itself again... which is my understanding from tripping...

Why not go straight to complete Love again? Why suffering? 

I mean God can make something out of nothing. Why this „in between“? Why does evolution take so long (I know this is only long for a human but still). 

And finally: What is the most direct way to break through to a natural state of absolute Love on a day to day basis? 

4 hours ago, Shaun said:

My dog has a massive throbbing cancer tumour on her stomach. Please explain to me how this is divine or love. 

Very fucking easy.... are you ready? I can give the answer.... can you God Damn take it?

The entire framework that provides for existence and nonexistence Itself is Love.

The nature of Dasein [Heidegger] Itself is Love.

I am approaching 50 years of age. I have 1.2 lungs due to surgery for spindle cell sarcoma in 2010. I then was diagnosed with a non-related Carcinoma (different subtype of cancer) in my right kidney in 2015. Both were excized via laproscopy and knife (traditional surgery) respectively. I still live. My boxer dog died of Cancer a few years ago. Tumors all through her body. My wife and I were devastated. Her mother died of two years ago. Her father died of C.O.P.D. while we were living in his house taking care of him earlier this year. 3 months later my own dad died of a Glioblastoma (severe brain tumor) after slowly losing his mind. He used to be a Ph.D in History. Consciousness witnessed the total dissolusion of his "mind" (a nonexistant) as did us and his loved ones after attempting to keep his cath clean while he was on hospice. I moved out of my home and left all my worldly possesions to be my wife's father's full time hospice nurse, with no previous experience. Right after he died I had to help my mother with my dad. We survived.

Back in 2000 I battled sever bipolar and two mental institutionalizations where I was beaten and injected with Haldol, Thorazine, and Prolixin. Life is rough, and it all occurs within an inimitible formless Absolutely Divine framework of Unconditional love.

"I promise you to This."  <---- funny quote from the 12th Kenting Tai Situpa of Mahamudra Lineage/Vajrayana/Tibetan Buddhism. 

Edited by Sri Ramana Maharshi
typo

@Leo Gura

How do you deepen your embodiment of love in every present experience? 

I understand everything and at the stage of attempting to embody love/truth in every experience fully.

I have been successful and getting more and more aware through constant self-inquiry, observation, and beingness. About 50% of my experience, I am aware of that which I am.  

I'm just curious what you do to deepen it.   

5 minutes ago, erik8lrl said:

@Leo Gura

How do you deepen your embodiment of love in every present experience? 

I understand everything and at the stage of attempting to embody love/truth in every experience fully.

I have been successful and getting more and more aware through constant self-inquiry, observation, and beingness. About 50% of my experience, I am aware of that which I am.  

I'm just curious what you do to deepen it.   

By melting your ego. Embodiment of Love = Selflessness. Once you have no ego, you will be completely selfless, i.e. completely loving.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise  Yes, but it is much harder to be egoless all the time, and I don't think you can be completely egoless while alive, but you can get to a point where the ego is almost not there anymore. The ego comes back again and again during the process of embodiment. 

6 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura Are you just saying that everything in the universe is perfect? Is that what absolute Love means? 

What do you think? :)

Perfect is relative, Everything in the universe and the universe in it's totality just IS (Truth, ISness like Leo says).

Absolute Love, I can try to define it but that is the only thing I seem only to have experienced yet can't describe it as accurately as other things and I don't have a strong desire to even try to anymore, surrendering to it seems "the way", being it.

Absolute Love is that which Transforms the ego/identity.

I'm sure Leo can explain it with less word, saying much more ;)

❤️?

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

∞∞∞∞ Rumi ∞∞∞∞

@Shaun

Very sorry to hear about your woof. I hope she/he gets better. If not: remember, all dogs go to heaven, even the messy ones. 

But notice how egocentric your perspective is. It's not even about your dogs suffering, it is really about how you feel when you see your dog suffer. You cant approach love from the perspective that it must suit everyone, its way deeper than that.

It would be easier to believe everything is love if all your life everything had happened just the way you wanted, and same for everyone you ever knew and cared for, yes? 

The cancer in your dog loves what its doing. Its expanding, pulsating of life force. It loves your dog, from its perspective everything is going just perfect. So wich is it, is the situation happening out of love or not? Is the situation miserable or not? 

The cancer originated from the dog itself, its own love for itself to keep living and growing. It loved to eat and play, to produce more cells and keep the organism going. The organism just did not do what YOU want it to do. The cells of your dog did not act according to your wishes. 

The rest of the world wont go according to your wishes either, in fact every time you feel it did it was out of pure accident, you didnt have a say in any of that. It's part of the illusion of being a you, a person. 

Best wishes for you and your dog. You can cultivate much spiritual and personal growth out of your hardship. You did know all along your dog would die eventually, so it just might be this cancer that does it. Act according your own wisdom, face what you already knew was to come. 

Edited by molosku

@Leo Gura

Besides the reality right now, the current situation, the % of people with a certain behavior (let's use the word "majority"), why do you seem to have a pessimistic expression (linguistically) when talking certain things? Is it because of something personal, is this just your view of this, am I perceiving it differently, ... ? There seems to be a zest of something which I don't want to presume, therefore I am asking it :)

I know you know what Love is, no doubt, I know you are not bothered by certain things, but what is it than?

❤️?

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

∞∞∞∞ Rumi ∞∞∞∞

25 minutes ago, molosku said:

@Shaun

Very sorry to hear about your woof. I hope she/he gets better. If not: remember, all dogs go to heaven, even the messy ones. 

But notice how egocentric your perspective is. It's not even about your dogs suffering, it is really about how you feel when you see your dog suffer. You cant approach love from the perspective that it must suit everyone, its way deeper than that.

It would be easier to believe everything is love if all your life everything had happened just the way you wanted, and same for everyone you ever knew and cared for, yes? 

The cancer in your dog loves what its doing. Its expanding, pulsating of life force. It loves your dog, from its perspective everything is going just perfect. So wich is it, is the situation happening out of love or not? Is the situation miserable or not? 

The cancer originated from the dog itself, its own love for itself to keep living and growing. It loved to eat and play, to produce more cells and keep the organism going. The organism just did not do what YOU want it to do. The cells of your dog did not act according to your wishes. 

The rest of the world wont go according to your wishes either, in fact every time you feel it did it was out of pure accident, you didnt have a say in any of that. It's part of the illusion of being a you, a person. 

Best wishes for you and your dog. You can cultivate much spiritual and personal growth out of your hardship. You did know all along your dog would die eventually, so it just might be this cancer that does it. Act according your own wisdom, face what you already knew was to come. 

I understand a bit better now. It's just perspective then. A terrorist acts based on love for their religion or ideology, I can see that but how can a cancer act based on love if it's just a heap of cells multiplying? It surely doesn't have the capacity to love like something more complex like the terrorist?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

8 hours ago, Shaun said:

My dog has a massive throbbing cancer tumour on her stomach. Please explain to me how this is divine or love. 

I'm so sorry. I recently lost my dog to a massive spleen tumor. A few weeks before he died, I lost my Grandmother, and the night she died I had a mystical experience. My mom told me that she thought it would be within the next few days that she died and she said to send good thoughts to her. So I did tonglen for her. In breath take on their suffering, outbreath breathe out peace. And very clearly for the first time ever since doing the practice, my intentions bounced back to me and I felt this deep sense of peace. It wasn't her pain, it was my pain. My mom told me an hour later that she had passed. Something was waking up in me, something that knew that death and suffering were illusion. That was the first glimpse. Death is an opening. 

It sounds cruel and ridiculous when you try to describe it to someone, that everything is love. But please believe, it can be experienced and seen. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Leo Gura

What is the practical use of using the Love aspect in teaching non-duality? I see a lot of misunderstanding and confusion among people here on the forum.

My biggest disappointment is that Love is being mostly confused with stage Green hippie love. That's crucial. I think there lies the problem for why it's so misunderstood. Stage Green love is probably the highest form they can identify with. Maybe you could benefit from Spiral Dynamics in your future videos. Precisely emphasising stage Yellow love, and stage Turqoise love. I think that would be a good approach that would help elevate a lot of people.

Edited by Truth Addict

9 hours ago, Angelite said:

"The All-Merciful (exalted is He) shows mercy to those who show mercy to others. Show mercy to those on earth and the One in the heavens will show mercy to you."

Narrated by Imam Ahmad. 

@Leo Gura you are making a mockery out of love & mercy.

Killing is not mercy. The All-Merciful (Allah) is full of mercy. Literally. 

In fact, Allah hates those who kill others without a reason. An eye for an eye. If someone kill your father, you can kill him. But you can't overdo it. Or else the karma will switch back to you. 

A slap for a slap. But to forgive, will change it for a greater reward. That's how it is. 

You are making a mockery of Allah. Allah hates no one.

Killing is a necessary part of life. Without killing there could not be human society at it now exists.

I didn't say to kill for no reason. Life is complex and there are often good reasons for killing.

War is not an accident. It is a necessary part of life.

8 hours ago, Shaun said:

Look at it from the POV of the tumor. That tumor is reproducing because it wants to live. Who are you to judge that the tumor is wrong? Do you see the self-bias in your view? Obviously you want your dog to live, but that's only one POV. You have to realize that reality does not merely revolve around what your ego wants. There is a much larger design which you are overlooking.

With that said, sorry about your dog, and know that upon death your dog will melt into pure Infinite Love. So don't feel bad for it.

7 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura Are you just saying that everything in the universe is perfect? Is that what absolute Love means? 

Everything is Perfect of course, but that's not quite the same as what I mean by Love.

5 hours ago, AlldayLoop said:

As someone who has high functioning autism, I can say that I used to really close myself off from love (not as a child, but afterwards). However, one of the things that really changed for me was when I watched your “How To Be A Man - Part 2” episode where you talk about owning and accentuating our feminine qualities. I started getting more in touch with that this past year. Just last month, I became friends with a a girl. I can express all my emotions to her and she can really relate to them. We don’t judge each other and accept each other for who we are, but especially the flaws. She even opened up to me about how she is constantly suicidal. She was contemplating suicide one day; the only person she could open up to at that moment was me. 

Is this one example of love?

Good work!

I would call that conscious and open relationship/communication.

Of course there some love there too.

4 hours ago, Commodent said:

I am not sure if these have been answered:

Is love just a different word for non-resistance?

Not quite. Although non-resistance is somewhat related.

What differentiates love from not loving?

From the absolute perspective, nothing.

But the key is becoming conscious of what Love is. Without that it's hard to understand what loving really is.

The most important thing is not to act lovingly, but to have an awakening to what Love is.

It's similar to acting selflessly. Selfless action is less important than realizing there is no self.

How do you know whether your love will truly be the best thing for all? Can love be abused?

Human expressions of love are always partial and not the best for all.

In the relative domain, yes, love can be abused. Love can be used to justify all sorts of devilry.

3 hours ago, Sri Ramana Maharshi said:

Very fucking easy.... are you ready? I can give the answer.... can you God Damn take it?

The entire framework that provides for existence and nonexistence Itself is Love.

The nature of Dasein [Heidegger] Itself is Love.

I am approaching 50 years of age. I have 1.2 lungs due to surgery for spindle cell sarcoma in 2010. I then was diagnosed with a non-related Carcinoma (different subtype of cancer) in my right kidney in 2015. Both were excized via laproscopy and knife (traditional surgery) respectively. I still live. My boxer dog died of Cancer a few years ago. Tumors all through her body. My wife and I were devastated. Her mother died of two years ago. Her father died of C.O.P.D. while we were living in his house taking care of him earlier this year. 3 months later my own dad died of a Glioblastoma (severe brain tumor) after slowly losing his mind. He used to be a Ph.D in History. Consciousness witnessed the total dissolusion of his "mind" (a nonexistant) as did us and his loved ones after attempting to keep his cath clean while he was on hospice. I moved out of my home and left all my worldly possesions to be my wife's father's full time hospice nurse, with no previous experience. Right after he died I had to help my mother with my dad. We survived.

Back in 2000 I battled sever bipolar and two mental institutionalizations where I was beaten and injected with Haldol, Thorazine, and Prolixin. Life is rough, and it all occurs within an inimitible formless Absolutely Divine framework of Unconditional love.

"I promise you to This."  <---- funny quote from the 12th Kenting Tai Situpa of Mahamudra Lineage/Vajrayana/Tibetan Buddhism. 

Good God! Sounds like you've been through hell. You are amazing.

29 minutes ago, Dimi said:

@Leo Gura

Besides the reality right now, the current situation, the % of people with a certain behavior (let's use the word "majority"), why do you seem to have a pessimistic expression (linguistically) when talking certain things?

Not exactly sure what you mean.

I try to have a full range of expressiveness. I'm not trying to act lovey-dovey all the time to fit some kind of stereotype of a loving person.

But also I am still very much in the process of purifying myself. I'm nowhere near complete. As I eliminate various defilements I will appear more loving from your POV.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What is the universe doing as a whole? Forget about individual people or atoms. What is the ENTIRE thing up to? Is it just a random mess of stuff? No! It's doing something intelligent. Consider the possibility that what it's doing is maximizing the expression of metaphysical love. If this were true, you can see how the movement of every atom would contribute to that ultimate goal in the same way that every atom in your computer's hard drive is contributing to the function of the hard drive storing data.

This is what confused me particularly about. 

If nothing is random, is there a divine plan with certain eras of collective consciousness and humanity and preplanned future events and happenings? 

How can I as God or you as that we are God not be consciously aware that we are doing something super inteligent? I mean even after awakening how can we consciously actually see what it is that we are doing super intelligently other than only being, when you say nothing is random and our consciousness is doing something super intelligent (which implies other than being there is some divine plan, destiny, future) . 

Realizing it is one thing but being god should mean actually knowing what it is and consciously foreseeing every single step of it. 

Id be happy to know more opinions about this, which seems so paradoxical, being god but not actually knowing how the story evolves not randomly but intelligently, for me sounds like something just happens in the background and even with our awakening we cannot know how it works although we are it. 

Edited by Schahin

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

...but how can a cancer act based on love if it's just a heap of cells multiplying? It surely doesn't have the capacity to love like something more complex like the terrorist?

I'm not saying that cancer is acting out of some personal love that it feels. Rather, cancer is simply a byproduct of the entire structure of the universe, which is designed to maximize love. For example, God created you with the freedom to create things. You can create a cigarette and smoke it. Then you can get cancer from it. That is simply a byproduct of how you choose to live your life and what you choose to create.

God doesn't mind giving you enough rope to hang yourself. This is how you learn what life is.

Cancer is largely a creation of mankind. We created it with the food and chemicals we create. If mankind really wanted to, we could restructure society to eliminate 95% of cancer cases. God's top priority is not your comfort but your freedom. You are free to poison yourself and the planet. You are free to nuke the whole world. That's the fun of creation. God wants to see what you will create. Will you create heaven or hell? Either way is fine from God's POV because God's Love is unlimited. Nothing you create, no matter how horrific, can shake God' Love. God will Love it because God is all things and God is too conscious to hate itself. God is incapable of self-hatred, other than through human form. Self-hatred is only possible at less than infinite consciousness.

37 minutes ago, Schahin said:

Realizing it is one thing but being god should mean actually knowing what it is and consciously foreseeing every single step of it.

It's tricky here because, remember, the future is imaginary. When you realize that, your question will sort of resolve itself.

I have experienced omniscience. It is possible. But it doesn't work the way you imagine. It's not about predicting the future. It's about realizing that you imagine everything.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's tricky here because, remember, the future is imaginary. When you realize that, your question will sort of resolve itself.

I have experienced omniscience. It is possible. But it doesn't work the way you imagine. It's not about predicting the future. It's about realizing that you imagine everything.

Interesting, 

But if God /we/I/you imagine everything in a super intelligent precise and not random way, how can God /we not have a precise or certain plan then? 

14 minutes ago, Schahin said:

how can God /we not have a precise or certain plan then?

Again, it's tricky here. God's plan is so epic that it's hard for the human mind to comprehend. The plan is highly non-linear. It's not like a movie director planning out a movie. Rather God's plan involves creating creators and giving them freedom to creator. It's a sort of meta-plan. The plan is to allow as many beings as possible to experience being God. For this plan to succeed God cannot force you to do stuff. God has to allow freedom for experimentation, making mistakes, conflict, catastrophe, etc. Things are not set in stone. Everything is fluid, and yet it all works perfectly in the end. That's the genius of the design. Any fool can write a linear story. But how do you write a story which allows every character in the story to write his own story and not have it turn into utter chaos?

See, since God is totally selfless, it is not interested in ruling over you. It is interested in having you rule over yourself. So you could know the glory of being God.

God is like the ultimate massively multiplayer video game designer. How you play the game is in your hands. It's an infinite sandbox. The plan is that you make the plan ;)

@Leo Gura I don't know what love is anymore to be honest. In the past I understood it to be something positive, just like most other humans probably. A satisfying, affectionate and exciting feeling. Seems what's positive is only in relation to what I think I want. The dictionary mostly defines the word "Love" in these terms.

But if you include everything as being Love, these definitions and understandings of this word do not make sense anymore.

My questions: Why even use the word "Love" for describing existence? It seems misleading and confusing to the conventional understanding of the word. And ultimately reality is no word. Similar problem with the word "God".

Reality is Reality. Reality is not love. A tumor is a tumor. A tumor is not love. 

Everything is just itself, why ascribe some ultimate goodness to it? Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that things like disease, torture, rape just are reality/life instead of using this vague word?