Leo Gura

Questions About Love? - Ask Here

205 posts in this topic

Whats the difference between hate and love?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Without survival you could not experience anything. So survival is the #1 requirement of any kind of formed existence.

The purpose is to have you experience the multiplicity of Creation, the formed world.

You are just like a droplet of water which has to break off from the ocean, fly up into the air, and then re-merge with the ocean. The purpose of this is to experience what it's like to be separated from the ocean and then to rediscover what it's like to be the ocean. You can't appreciate being the whole ocean without first breaking off and being a drop.

Is Survival Not only another state of being part of the  absolute truth?

Can you imagine of formed lifeforms that have a higher consciousness, incorporate thus more naturally and spontaneously unconditional love and constantly have a sense and feeling of interconnectedness?

My imagination tells me that our human life and survival mechanisms are a very extreme case of separateness in the absolute truth, i have a feeling of experiencing more "loving, and connected" forms of separateness after ascending from this life 

@Leo Gura

Hey Leo I wanted to ask you the following questions.

Why does love = truth ?
Is there any difference of how one can expierence both sides or are they the same coin ?
Is there a larger whole than truth or love ? For instance is existence bigger than both ? Or is love existence ?
What are the connectionsof energy and love ? 
What are meditative pratices that do not evoke feelings of love, beauty, awe, wonder or reverence ? Are there any ?
Are there stages to love in a transpersonal releam for instance loving the manifest, the unmanifest, or for instance phenomena that arise in dreams ?
What is the quality of love ? Will other people feel this quality ? How will it impact them ?
Is it possible to lover others first before you love yourself ?
Will love always have an I compontent or ego component to it ? 
How necessary is suffering on the way to love ? I feelt this very often when I did self-acceptance pratices or compassion meditations. 
How do I recognize love ? Is crying uncontrollably a good sign ?
Is love synonmous to equanmity or deep states of equanimity ?
Is love peace ? 
What is the difference for instance of ego death and love are there any similarities ?

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Appreciation of the person's innate beauty. Not physical beauty or function. But the beauty of their totality of being.

When you can look Hitler in the eye and see his beauty, there is your love.

P.S. You are still free to kill him. Love and killing are not opposite. Seeing the beauty of a thing says nothing about what you should do from a survival perspective. You can see the beauty of cancer, but then decide to destroy the cancer. Destruction is part of the total beauty of reality.

Try this: The next time you want to kill a house fly, first, stop for moment and admire it's beauty. Then kill it and admire the beauty inherent in the destruction. Notice that without destruction there could not be life. Admire the beauty of your internal conflict and moral deliberations about killing that fly. That too is love. You feel bad because you wish you could love that fly. Yet you also know you needed to kill that fly because you cannot allow a house full of dirty flies and maggots. Admire the beauty of survival. Yours and the fly's. Admire the inherent conflict between the two of you. Let the magnitude of it hit you. Imagine yourself as the fly being killed. Notice the sad beauty of that too.

Are you sure that killing and destruction are in any form justified? Even a fly is an important perspective of the creation and by definition part of yourself, by killing a fly you would only show your disdain  for creation, at least I supposed so until now, if proven wrong I still won't ever kill a fly, but would be interesting  to hear more opinions about if that is still divine love

@Schahin But notice that your attitude shows disdain for destruction.

Creation cannot occur without destruction. So by judging or demonizing one, you unwittingly shoot yourself in the foot and reject the large totality of reality.

If you hate any aspect of reality, you are hating yourself, which means you are disconnected from God's Love and your vision is clouded by ego & delusion.

Total enlightenment robs you of the ability to judge reality. Sorry. I know how much you love to hate, but that shit won't fly if you want to reach the highest levels of understanding.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura you have always talked about truth with the small t and Truth with the capital T, then i guess there must be love with the small l and Love with the capital L.

Can you describe the difference between love and Love?

I know one is relative but another is absolute. But what are the features of these?

How can one recognise love and Love?

10 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@Leo Gura you have always talked about truth with the small t and Truth with the capital T, then i guess there must be love with the small l and Love with the capital L.

Can you describe the difference between love and Love?

I know one is relative but another is absolute. But what are the features of these?

How can one recognise love and Love?

Of course.

Lowercase love is ordinary human love as an emotion. It is limited and conditional. It has an opposite: hate.

Uppercase Love is an Absolute with no opposite. It is the substrate of all existence. It includes love + hate and everything else. It is not an emotion although it can trigger strong emotions of lowercase love.

Uppercase Love is a mystical awakening. It is a kind of enlightenment. This is usually a combination of feeling loving + insight into the nature of what existence is. Afterwards although you may not feel loving all the time, you still know that all of existence is Love. Love no longer is limited to a personal feeling. You can feel angry and still know it is a form of Love.

The highest feelings you get which motivate your life are a little taste of Love. But just a little taste. You will recognize the full scope of Love the moment you realize you just died.

Love = Death

Is an aspect of love a behavioral commitment to help a person self-actualize?

• Helping a person take responsibility
  • Helping a person overcome addictions
  • Helping a person stop complaining
  • Helping a person love others and other things more.
  • Helping myself cut people who keep violating my boundaries out of my life in order to produce more labor of love for others.
Edited by CreamCat

Haven't read all the comments so forgive me if this was asked but I think we need a new video (I know there was one in the past) on divine masuline vs divine feminine. From a highly conscious perspective. 

Let's cut into the red pill, alpha, macho and diva dogmas once and for all. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

19 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Is an aspect of love a behavioral commitment to help a person self-actualize?

• Helping a person take responsibility
  • Helping a person overcome addictions
  • Helping a person stop complaining
  • Helping a person love others and other things more.
  • Helping myself cut people who keep violating my boundaries out of my life in order to produce more labor of love for others.

The chief behavioral commitment of Love is to act selflessly for the greatest good of the universe.

But of course in practice it's not gonna be all rainbows and butterflies. You'll probably have to kill some people ;)

@Leo Gura if i realize absolute love, and embody it, will it improve my ability of lowercase love? Or these are two separate thing?

Is Love that Matt Khan talks about truth?  He uses affirmations in his books and yt videos like I love you, its ok etc.  Can telling yourself things like that  lead to real awakening to Love? 

Can someone die in Love?

Edited by tedens

37 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@Leo Gura if i realize absolute love, and embody it, will it improve my ability of lowercase love? Or these are two separate thing?

Of course that will help greatly. But don't expect to be perfect at it.

31 minutes ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

Is Love that Matt Khan talks about truth?  He uses affirmations in his books and yt videos like I love you, its ok etc.  Can telling yourself things like that  lead to real awakening to Love? 

Yes, he's very good at teaching how to love.

I don't know if merely saying such things will trigger an awakening. To be safe you'd want to supplement with psychedelics or other methods. But of course such affirmations and visualizations can be great.

"The All-Merciful (exalted is He) shows mercy to those who show mercy to others. Show mercy to those on earth and the One in the heavens will show mercy to you."

Narrated by Imam Ahmad. 

@Leo Gura you are making a mockery out of love & mercy.

Killing is not mercy. The All-Merciful (Allah) is full of mercy. Literally. 

In fact, Allah hates those who kill others without a reason. An eye for an eye. If someone kill your father, you can kill him. But you can't overdo it. Or else the karma will switch back to you. 

A slap for a slap. But to forgive, will change it for a greater reward. That's how it is. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Without survival you could not experience anything. So survival is the #1 requirement of any kind of formed existence.

The purpose is to have you experience the multiplicity of Creation, the formed world.

You are just like a droplet of water which has to break off from the ocean, fly up into the air, and then re-merge with the ocean. The purpose of this is to experience what it's like to be separated from the ocean and then to rediscover what it's like to be the ocean. You can't appreciate being the whole ocean without first breaking off and being a drop.

Thank you, it hits home.
I wrote an essay describing that cycle from the point of view of a drop of water that when I was a third-grader.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

My dog has a massive throbbing cancer tumour on her stomach. Please explain to me how this is divine or love. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Leo Gura Are you just saying that everything in the universe is perfect? Is that what absolute Love means? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Schahin But notice that your attitude shows disdain for destruction.

Creation cannot occur without destruction. So by judging or demonizing one, you unwittingly shoot yourself in the foot and reject the large totality of reality.

If you hate any aspect of reality, you are hating yourself, which means you are disconnected from God's Love and your vision is clouded by ego & delusion.

Total enlightenment robs you of the ability to judge reality. Sorry. I know how much you love to hate, but that shit won't fly if you want to reach the highest levels of understanding.

Holy shit, this blew my mind.