OBEler

Psychedelic trips with music: Yes or No

17 posts in this topic

How can I utilize music for my psychedelic trips (AL-LAD) for best spiritual growth? In which phase would it be good to use music? At the beginning, during the peak or in the come down phase? Or would it better to meditate in silence the whole time?
What are your experiences on these questions, I would be glad to hear them 

Experiment with it and find out what works for you. You can try in each phase of a trip to check in on yourself to see how you feel with music and without music. It might even change from trip to trip what kind of music you like to listen and when to listen.

My trips are the deepest when I'm just lying down in silence, doing nothing. 

I tried tripping with music mostly because I heard that's what they do at Jon Hopkins and stuff.

Found it definitely doesn't lead to more growth for me.

But If I'm not tripping strictly for spiritual growth, then sure, I'll play music from the start.

Then is becomes an aestethic experience of profound beauty.

But mostly only towards the later stages of the trip.

Maybe they use music in studies so it's easier for regular folks to lie down for few hours which is no big deal for experienced meditators?

Edited by 9

Try putting on a drone. The fifth, the octave and the unison work wonderfully :)

Maybe try singing to it also. Last time I did that I had a huge purging of repressed energy. Still integrating that one

Edited by Rigel

Sailing on the ceiling 

I've had some of my deepest awakenings with music to direct my consciousness.

The old lobby music for Rocket League made me have an incredible awakening by just shifting my focus to it.

I guess the best way to describe it is listen to or experience whatever helps you focus on what you ultimately are, which is what the song is.

We are designed to love music, so that is a great aid for some people.

I say both. Listening Bach on DPT are some of the most beautiful experiences in my life. You can see clearly how he constructed the music in a vertical way. Like a master architect but with sound. Can't really describe it with words and it doesn't make sense logically. He was a true mystic.

It's also great to turn of all the lights, lay in bed and be taken. So try both. But go for music done by a true artist.

10 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

I say both. Listening Bach on DPT are some of the most beautiful experiences in my life. You can see clearly how he constructed the music in a vertical way. Like a master architect but with sound. Can't really describe it with words and it doesn't make sense logically. He was a true mystic.

Dude! I have similar experiences on psychedelics with music in general.

It feels like a 6th sense, nonverbal cosmic communication of art. I love it so much.

@OBEler Not one to ever discredit music, nor having a great time tripping on it.... but... in the context you’re asking, I’d say the best thing is to simply sit down. That’s it. Ideally, in nature. Just more or less say, “ok, I’m done tree. Tell me now”. And just sit there. 

For “best spiritual growth”....the more it’s just you, the better. Even waves are distractive. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

yes + drawing at hands, it's funny to draw at the peak, look like your hands want to work by themself

believe it or not "trance" or psytrance is carved for acid.

everytime I end up listening trance, although it's my 5th choices in the edm field of music

the drums seams to fade in your being, you litteraly vibrate,

almost feeling as if you become yourself a rumbling wave,

that's funny.

like this 

https://youtu.be/_OBSyML-E-I?t=9244

Edited by Aeris

2 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

I've had some of my deepest awakenings with music to direct my consciousness.

I've had an internal monologue that involved music where music said that it understood me. That was one of the most poetic things that I've ever experienced. I also started to think that it was my partner from another dimension and almost felt in love with it. Really creepy shit but amazing at the same time.

Unfortunately, sounds around me were really disturbing and annoying. I could loudly hear all the neighbours making noises and washing dishes. Are you all sensitive to sounds or it was just me?

Edited by Phoenixx

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

9 minutes ago, Phoenixx said:

Unfortunately, sounds around me were really disturbing and annoying. I could loudly hear all the neighbours making noises and washing dishes. Are you all sensitive to sounds or it was just me?

For me psychedelics can raise my awareness so high it can feel like sensory overload to experience certain sounds so I can see why that could be annoying. It definitely takes some conscious effort if you are in a less than ideal environment.

Both ways can be great.

But for my deepest contemplations I turn the music off.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Both ways can be great.

But for my deepest contemplations I turn the music off.

very dualistic, try to shake your bootie next time,

dancing is not about thinking it's only feeling

It depends on your objective I think. As people said before, for deep contemplation, music is probably a distraction. But if you want to just experience beauty, music on psychedelics (art in general) is king.

My trips tend to have two phases (LSD): The first phase includes the come-up and peak, and I tend to work quite seriously on contemplation etc. (so no music). After about 4h the second phase starts (I just intuitively feel it somehow). This is where I just bath in the beauty of reality, going for a long walk, being creative or listening to music. This helps me integrate the experience and transition into a heightened state of consciousness when the trip is over, which I usually keep up for a couple of days to come. Also, it makes the trips incredibly enjoyable and motivates me to keep up the work. Keep in mind though, that I have not had a major breakthrough yet, after which people report that their trips become very different.

Not directly related to spiritual work, but I just went to see Meshuggah on a low dose of acid last week and it was absolutely awe inducing. And in a way, it did affect my level of consciousness positively, even the days after the trip. But you will probably not realize God surrounded by people, lights all over the place and polyrhythms pounding at your ears :D

I had a very interesting experience with my cousin a few years back we took LSD and the deeper we got, the more silent the music became. At first we listened to some classical music, then it no longer matched the frequency so we went a little deeper to psytrance, this was great, geometrical activation's and such, then as we became more meditative it started to disturb us so it went into psy-beint/jungle/tribal music then meditation music, native american or armenian duduk flutes, natural sounds, then as we went even deeper even that was no longer in resonance so pure tones, frequencies and pure sounds then after a while at the deepest level only silence was tolerated.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Music on acid is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooowwzw!
It also tends to increase the boundary dissolving effect for me.
Its like music glues everything.

Try this one next time :P

Also try listening to your favorite song while doing NO2.
It will do a 8bit conversion. That is also neat.

The silent approaches are cool too, its just different.

You can ask questions in the silence and receive answers.
You can also ask the music and it will answer.

Edited by Yog