Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Giulio Bevilacqua

Looking strange to other people . How to deal with.

6 posts in this topic

Hi.

I found that the more I stay in being presence and silence the more I start to look strange to close people like family, friends and girlfriend.

I have gone through a huge transformation. I become really silent, do not speak that much ,do no want to tell anything about me. I can relate to people but only the necessary things. 

I do not force myself to be like this, it is very natural to me and I feel  to be much more myself in this empty states. 

This creates some tension, embarrassment and strange feelings to others because of my silent presence. 

They often ask me if I have some problem. 

Have you experienced something like this ? 

When you're around people practice using empathy and overtime you'll get better and better at adapting there.

When you're in that "state" which I've been in and so I've puzzled over a similar thing you gotta remember that people are perceiving you from the perspective of their own brain state at that moment in time. Unfortunately we're not going to be able to get away with zoning out while interacting with others haha, that's just not how interactions work, we're meant to be zoning IN to the frequency that is being created between us then adapting from there as the moment goes on :) 

Yeah, when there is nothing to do or say, I become silent and observe. Many don’t understand or get confused.

think it is and imbetween stage between unconscious chatter to full authentic, present being. I feel like it’s not mature yet. 

Observe it, and stay with it, try to grasp what is happening.

You cannot control the perspective of others so try to practice releasing resistance to this.

Wish you the best.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Giulio Bevilacqua  this is a good thread and I think something many here experience. From my experience, going through something similar right now, it comes from having seen through parts of your bullshit and now some behavioural patterns have just dissolved, cannot be maintained.

That's where the emptiness now resides. Your job is to figure out what to fill that emptiness with now in ways that feel more authentic to you. This is a fun process but can be frightening as the outcome is very much uncertain. Learn to love that exciting uncertainty and just test the waters here and there doing whatever comes to your mind naturally.

This whole things bears great potential for insight into self. Just bear in mind that this is just a phase and that emptiness likely is not the highest expression of authenticity.

This state is valuable in terms of spiritual growth, as it unfolds gates to healing, understanding and  letting go of old patterns. 

My family/friends also felt unease when I displayed a similar attitude, thinking that I might be mad at them. 

Yes, telling the truth is the esasiest thing to do. They might understand or not, and in the second case you don't have to debate or justify yourself any more. 

This state is not permanent, so enjoy it as it is; there will be times of higher scoiability and need to chatter. If your challange is to keep this peaceful precence regardless of the outer world, but if the social context is too turbulent, you can always get some time alone to reconnect.

Edited by Marah