Sandroew

I'm confused about Truth and perception.

14 posts in this topic

So perception = experience - ego, right ? In which case perception = Being. But Leo said in the new What is Truth video, that Truth is not experience and is not perception either. Did he mean:

1.) Truth is not perception as a deluded materialist perceives the world, or
2.) Consciousness is not the same thing as perception, even if perception means it is already without the Ego. Like in the Screen of the TV and the movie thats being played example.

P.S. (not important) I follow Leo and this forum for several years now, but this is my first post. Reason being because i always thought finding out the answer yourself is way more powerful. But of course getting teaching, help and scaffolding has a huge significance too! (Noone could find the techniques and teachings out themself with our lifestyle) So i just wanted to say Hi to everybody and thanks for being awesome - especially for Leo, you changed my life forever, but maybe i will write about this in another post. :) 
With Love - Sandroew

P.S.S (also not important) I cant sleep right now because of this, but i need to go to work tomorrow (today lol). I hope you guys will clarify me this one or else i have to contemplate on this (or meditate) for a long time. :D 

14 minutes ago, Sandroew said:

So perception = experience - ego, right ? In which case perception = Being.

No, you're misquoting me.

I said:

Being = perception - ego

Being = experience - ego

Truth = perception - ego

Truth = experience - ego

Truth = Being

Perception = experience

These distinctions are subtle but important. Remember, I am not saying that colors and sounds will disappear. They will still be around. But they will get recontextualized.

You can look at an apple and see it as an apple.

Or you can look at an apple and see it as not an apple.

In both cases there is a round, red shape visible. But how you interpret that shape is very significant.

Try looking at an apple while letting go of your idea that it is an apple. Just stare at it in silence.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Ahaaa, i get it then. This factual error on a logical level shows me my understanding is still surface level, even tho i feel like im quite good at this pratice. This is why the forum is useful to us. Thank you!!

@Truth Addict If i had to answer you i would say ultimately thats true, since in the end everything is one. BUT you got the main thing wrong. Your Ego is not the True Self, which is Being. Sorry i dont got too much time right now, gonna explain it better later. Or you know, Leo will explain it to you. :D

9 minutes ago, Sandroew said:

@Truth Addict If i had to answer you i would say ultimately thats true, since in the end everything is one. BUT you got the main thing wrong. Your Ego is not the True Self, which is Being. Sorry i dont got too much time right now, gonna explain it better later. Or you know, Leo will explain it to you. :D

Who decides what is true and what isn't?

You, non-duality.

Being devoid of Ego is not the True Self. I mean it can be, but right now as I'm typing, it isn't.

:)

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

@Leo Gura Isn't the ego being as well?

It is being in the same way all concepts are being.

Just be careful not to confuse the thought of a chair for a chair.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

A thought is real as itself but not as something else.  A thought about a red chair is real as a thought about a red chair but it's not anything other than that, it's not a red chair.  When you see a car, " a car" and all the ideas about the car, are real as thoughts about the car but not as anyhthing else, they aren't anything other than themselves, nothing is.  the ego is real as multiple ideas and experiences combined to form some kind of idea called the ego, but not real in the sense that it is what it claims to be.   Even a lie is real, it's just not true.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just be careful not to confuse the thought of a chair for a chair.

Why?

To me, that's just a form of egoic fear.

God knows no delusion. Love knows no fear.

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Truth Addict So you can sit down.

So funny ?

I'm hinting at something deeper.

I wouldn't have confused the thought for the chair in the first place if they hadn't looked very similar ;)

Edited by Truth Addict

17 hours ago, Sandroew said:

Reason being because i always thought finding out the answer yourself is way more powerful.

Welcome tot he forum :)    Something to consider, when you ask questions, you are finding out the answer for yourself. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Thanks dude! Good advice, just by trying to word the question in english, it made me thinking about it.

So for anyone who reads this topic, Leo explains the thing i was misunderstanding in his video: What is perception @32:00-36:00 min. Ofc you are better off watching (and rewatching) the whole video.

@Truth Addict I recently watched a documentary about Sri Ramana Maharshi, it is pretty interesting if you are interested in spirituality and it might help you.

Edited by Sandroew