Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ROOBIO

My contemplation from 4-aco-dmt trip about truth

2 posts in this topic

A write up of my interpretation of Leo's video and insights on the knowledge I gained from my 4-aco-dmt trip.

There are two different types of truth. We have relative truths. For example, I am a human being, the entirety of science, the sky is blue, that we live on planet earth, Pythagoras theorem etc. They are generally statements or ideas that we hold as true. They seem so real. They are the anchor to the way we perceive life and they form the bedrock of our world view. However, they are only true are relative to human knowledge and experience. They are a set of symbols that we give emotional value and meaning. They are not absolutely true. For example, Pythagoras theorem is true from the mathematical paradigm, we can say it is true relative to human mathematics. It won't be true for an advanced alien species. They wouldn’t understand Pythagoras theorem and the symbols that represent it. For a cow, it is completely non-sensical. To it there is no Pythagoras theorem, it doesn't exist from its point of view. You see humans have the special capability of creating meaning out of symbols and projecting those symbols on to the raw data in our experience. This is how relative truths are born. Don't get me wrong, they are very useful to navigate and survive in life and is the reason to how humans have advanced so much technologically. Just don't take them so seriously, because they are not absolutely true. 

Let us take another example. You believe that we live on Planet Earth. As a species, we have come to an agreement that the label we call “Earth” is what we live on. Then this knowledge integrates itself into our belief system, and into our minds, and it feels actually real that we live on Planet Earth. You see, this idea becomes accepted in society due to our continual enforcement of it through media, anecdotes and scientific literature, it sinks deep into our subconscious mind and forms the bedrock of our worldview. But this truth is only true relative to the ideologies, and systems of knowledge that we have created. It makes me feel secure to say, “I am a human being that lives in London on a planet called Earth”. Knowledge is our safety net. It makes us feel sane. When in fact it is completely insane that existence is to be at all. It is really mad if you think about it. “Earth”, implies we exist in a certain location in time and space. Without this label, where would our experience be happening? This is when we start to investigate Absolute truth. Notice that “Earth” is a very broad description of our planet. What does the Earth consist of? Is it all the objects that aren’t living? Is it the total combination of both living and not living material? Then is the Earth also your body? Or is the Earth everything apart from your body? What even is the "I" that lives on earth? Is it your thoughts, your feelings, your brain? You see really it means nothing to say “I live on Earth”. It doesn't solve or prove anything, it is just a statement that we completely take for granted so we can go about our day, without disturbance. When you see the transparency and lack of substance to that statement, it will shock you to your bones. You will experience a deep sense of not knowing where the fuck you are, which is scary. 

We could have come up with a completely different system of knowledge to describe the raw data of reality, and these would have only been true to that system of knowledge that was created. You see science is true, relative to the axioms that have created science. If there is an experiment that disagrees with the axioms of science it is not true relative to science. Science is a relative truth. Einstein’s theory of General Relativity is a beautiful mathematical model that describes gravity. It enables us to build amazing technologies, but is it actually true? Relatively it is, but not in the absolute sense. It tells us that mass can bend space-time, so we create mathematical representations of space-time curvature using n-dimensional manifolds. But this still doesn't describe HOW matter bends space-time. A physicist doesn't care HOW it can bend space-time, he just cares about results. He wants to build a theory that will enable him to predict the future outcomes of how reality will unfold within a certain degree of accuracy. These theories aren’t absolutely true. Take Newtonian theory. It is relativity true for describing objects that move at very slow speeds. Notice the conditioning on that. It isn’t true for objects approaching the speed of light. Science is the process of bettering a system of knowledge that we have created in order try and understand reality. This system of knowledge can never totally describe the universe as its foundation is reliant on the laws of language. Science is really a crude way to try and reach absolute truth but an amazing way to create the technologies we use today.

You see these truths are relative to the culture that you have been brought up in. Society, 2000 years ago would have had many different relative truths; and also people back then would have taken them as absolute truths. If you would have taken a time machine back to their society and tried to explain your truths that were true relative to your system of knowledge, they would think you are insane. I mean this even happens across vastly different cultures today. Also, their interpretation of the language you speak would be very different back then. Knowledge is a slippery thing. You see the problem is epistemological. No one has actually taken the time to study what knowledge/language actually is. Then they have just taken on certain systems of thought and symbols to try and make sense of reality without actually questioning the knowledge that they use to form their worldview. All of these relative truths distort your perception of life. They are like a smokescreen, prohibiting you from seeing the absolute truth. This is why other people seem crazy to you. They have taken up certain relative truths into their belief system that contradict the relative truths you have taken up. But the thing is because you are biased towards your own mind, you will defend your own ideas against that “crazy” person’s idea. 

Absolute truth is what it actually happening in your direct experience, it rises above knowledge and mind. The thing is that you can’t experience that absolute truth because you can’t shut your mind up for a long enough period of time, which is why the mystics have strong meditative/spiritual practice in place. You are constantly looking at the world through your ego, through your world view, through the belief systems you have created. Probably one of the relative truths that form your perception of life is that the Absolute truth of existence is impossible for you to discover. You aren’t conscious enough of what is actually happening in the present moment to see the absolute. The absolute truth of existence, to why we are here, is right in front of your nose. You are the absolute truth; it is what you are existentially. I can’t put it into words. You must investigate the present moment with such concentration to see it. You as a perceiver, as a self, as a human being, as a system of beliefs, must be non-existent for you to see life from the absolute perspective. Then you will get it.

Edited by ROOBIO

@Leo Gura Just watched your video about history on your blog. A lot of my insights from my trip and described above are so similar to what you said. It is so interesting that can generate the same insights, you just can articulate it in a more detailed and poetic way

Edited by ROOBIO