karkaore

What is the self?

13 posts in this topic

What is the self? I'd say it's my thoughts, memories, assumptions, concepts, ideologies, ect. But who is aware of them then? Me, I, Self as in higher Self, awareness? I am aware of myself? What is all this? I have never located the self. How come in tend to cling to it then?

The fact that I've used the word MY has a deep issue. A core assumption that I as an ego exist. How do I disidentify with this misinterpretation? How do I pull it out by it's root? I feel like I've got the answer. I feel like I am about to breakthrough but I don't. What is missing here? Where is this blind spot? Is it my desire for it that's holding me back?

Why do I even care about it? Am I being honest of my reasoning? I think I am. Of course I do. How can I think otherwise? Sneaky snake.? It keeps telling me it's all good while at the same time seeking for something more, causing suffering by tricking itself. This is bullshit. I don't buy it. But why do I still feel this purposelessness? What is it trying to tell me?

I know I am IT! There are no doubts. But something is missing. This must be the reason why I can't find it.

I'd say it's your unique being, which none of all being seems to be exactly alike, at the same time all being is the same

You are just dancing you're dance. Everything. The seeking/suffering is the dance, it doesn't hurt you, it doesn't touch you. It touches the one that you believe that you are, and you are not that, but at the same time you are. You experience it fully by seemingly forgetting yourself, but behind it all there is only you, and it is pure love.

10 hours ago, karkaore said:

What is the self? I'd say it's my thoughts

Thought projects a thinker which feels that thoughts are "mine." 

Thoughts and the "thinker" of them are not two separate-distinct processes, but rather a single, unitary process.

Edited by robdl

On 8/20/2019 at 9:12 AM, karkaore said:

Is it my desire for it that's holding me back?

The previous verbiage, of the “contents” we mistake for a separate self, right on.    Then, here, you are claiming the desire. 

So is desire more of the same “content”? Is desire yours

Why do I even care about it?

Because you are “it”. 

Am I being honest of my reasoning? I think I am

Honesty is not a thought. Only linguistically can honesty appear dualistic.  Honesty limited in thought to something that can be reasoned won’t due. 

What if the answer you receive is yes? What if it’s no?  Who could know? Who would you listen to, who would you place above yourself with such authority? How could that be... “honest” ... really?

But why do I still feel this purposelessness? What is it trying to tell me?

A separate self is conceptual, and can not have purpose, because it doesn’t exist. (Sans a concept)

How come I tend to cling to it then?

Defense. 

How do I disidentify with this misinterpretation?

Go counter logical to that. Rather than attempt to disidentify, befriend and inspect how you re-create it. 

If there is no identity, there is not the potential to disidentify, only the creation of the identity the - ‘one who disidentifys’. 

How do I pull it out by it's root?

What is the calling?

Why do you want to?

If it were pulled out by the root a month ago - what would you be doing differently, now?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

12 hours ago, Nahm said:

The previous verbiage, of the “contents” we mistake for a separate self, right on.    Then, here, you are claiming the desire. 

So is desire more of the same “content”? Is desire yours ?

Is it mine? No. Do i only tell myself that? Maybe. I keep popping in and out if the state of being. This is where this desire to hold on to it comes in. This is Ego. This desire is not mine. It still manages to fuck with the head. ?

12 hours ago, Nahm said:

Honesty is not a thought . Only linguistically can honesty appear dualistic.  Honesty limited in thought to something that can be reasoned won’t due. 

What if the answer you receive is yes? What if it’s no?  Who could know? Who would you listen to, who would you place above yourself with such authority? How could that be... “honest” ... really?

The more i investigate honesty the more i lean towards

the more of not-knowing = the more of honesty

12 hours ago, Nahm said:

What is the calling?

Why do you want to?

If it were pulled out by the root a month ago - what would you be doing differently, now?

The why I want to is because I am certain that this is not the way to go. I see that beliefs and assumptions are limitations to being.

If it were pulled a month ago, hmm.. well I don't know what I'd be doing. Most likely be sitting here trying to unravel another story I tell myself.

12 hours ago, Nahm said:

Go counter logical to that. Rather than attempt to disidentify, befriend and inspect how you re-create it. 

If there is no identity, there is not the potential to disidentify, only the creation of the identity the - ‘one who disidentifys’.

Well that's just.... fucked.??

What a viscous cycle.

Edited by karkaore

On 8/20/2019 at 8:12 AM, karkaore said:

What is the self? I'd say it's my thoughts, memories, assumptions, concepts, ideologies, ect. But who is aware of them then? Me, I, Self as in higher Self, awareness? I am aware of myself? What is all this? I have never located the self. How come in tend to cling to it then?

The fact that I've used the word MY has a deep issue. A core assumption that I as an ego exist. How do I disidentify with this misinterpretation? How do I pull it out by it's root? I feel like I've got the answer. I feel like I am about to breakthrough but I don't. What is missing here? Where is this blind spot? Is it my desire for it that's holding me back?

Why do I even care about it? Am I being honest of my reasoning? I think I am. Of course I do. How can I think otherwise? Sneaky snake.? It keeps telling me it's all good while at the same time seeking for something more, causing suffering by tricking itself. This is bullshit. I don't buy it. But why do I still feel this purposelessness? What is it trying to tell me?

I know I am IT! There are no doubts. But something is missing. This must be the reason why I can't find it.

Let me ask you this - when doing your self inquiry and meditation techniques do you feel Kundalini type energy moving within you?  If not you may need to do certain techniques to open you up such as kriya yoga.

The biggest barrier may be opening your heart chakra which will release a flood of this energy which is actually Love and allow you to ultimately awaken.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Nahm Thanks dude.?

@Inliytened1 Yeah, especially when meditating while high on weed. Happens when sober occasionally too. Sometimes get the spinning sensation, sometimes an energetic pull towards root chakra, sometimes crown, other times third eye starts to build up loads of heat and that "blue light" or whatever they call it starts pulsating. I am pretty sure that heart is open though.

Some great answers here. Another way to look at it is like a creation of language or grammar, like when we say 'it is raining'. What is the IT which is raining? The weather is just the condition of the whole atmosphere, in this place, which is connected with the oceans, the sun and moon etc. Ie the whole shebang. Likewise, when I am thinking, feeling etc, is just the state of the whole universe, expressing itself in this location here & now.

Everything is connected, but connections are only necessary from a fragmented point of view. What's the connection between two waves? The whole deep ocean which they are made of in the first place!

9 hours ago, MuddyBoots said:

Some great answers here. Another way to look at it is like a creation of language or grammar, like when we say 'it is raining'. What is the IT which is raining? The weather is just the condition of the whole atmosphere, in this place, which is connected with the oceans, the sun and moon etc. Ie the whole shebang. Likewise, when I am thinking, feeling etc, is just the state of the whole universe, expressing itself in this location here & now.

Niice ❤️