Gili Trawangan

Inner Mastery retreat, is it worth it?

15 posts in this topic

https://www.innermastery.es/lp/english-retreats/

I have the opportunity to go on one of these retreats next month, and am feeling the calling.

But I'd like to know if there's anyone who has tried it or knows someone who has.

The retreat includes taking Ayahuasca, doing psychotherapy and integration, and also taking Kambo and Bufo Alvarius (aka 5meo dmt). They seem to know what they're doing, like it's all happening responsibly. It's not just a bunch of guys taking psychedelics, there's a strong emphasis on therapy and integrating each experience.

What do you think?

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Gili Trawangan I have gone back and forth with some of the organizer on WhatsApp. The girl was really helpful and nice but I got a light red flag when I told her that I wanted to postpone my retreat due to personal problems ( suicide of a friend and a knee surgery). At this point she started telling me about how these retreats were the panacea and the one and only cure and I got a bit worried. I recognized my tendency in my first years of psychedelic exploration to be a bit too much of an advocate. Anyhow, I ll go this autumn and will keep you posted. 

@Gili Trawangan The guy who leads these retreats in Spain has a weird vibe IMO. He seems a bit too narcissistic for me to trust him, but that may be just a subjective thing I experience when I hear him talk. He’s also been accused of abusing people who were in a vulnerable state while under the influence of Ayahuasca, etc. But who knows, it could be false accusations. 

I ve done two retreats in Madrid and one in Italy.

In Madrid the premises are pretty good, you get your own bed in 4-6 person rooms, good meals, they even have a pool. There is a separate space for the ceremonies that is clean, has good mattresses and  generally a very good vibe. There is music played during the ceremonies and the sound quality is very good. 

In Italy the vibe is different and I didn't really like it. The ceremonies are held in the main hall but when I was there me and most of the people didn't have a process for two days in a row.

The group therapy sessions and integration are pretty powerful and unique. You won't find it anywhere else.  I 've seen people being transformed during them. 

About the guy who runs the organization, he was mainly absent but I met him once. Yes he has a strange vibe, couldn't say i liked him, but i didn't care. He had nothing to do with the retreat and the other guys were very ok. Some of the retreats are done by real shamans from south America, you could ask about that and choose the ones with shamans, that's what I did.

Overall the experience was good in Madrid and somehow negative in Italy. I wouldn't recommend against it, especially for the great group therapy sessions. 

Finally, for European ceremony prices I would say that they are somewhat expensive.

P.S. Find a ceremony conducted by the Palchukan brothers. Thank me eternally ;-)

1 minute ago, Kensho said:

I ve done two retreats in Madrid and one in Italy.

In Madrid the premises are pretty good, you get your own bed in 4-6 person rooms, good meals, they even have a pool. There is a separate space for the ceremonies that is clean, has good mattresses and  generally a very good vibe. There is music played during the ceremonies and the sound quality is very good. 

In Italy the vibe is different and I didn't really like it. The ceremonies are held in the main hall but when I was there me and most of the people didn't have a process for two days in a row.

The group therapy sessions and integration are pretty powerful and unique. You won't find it anywhere else.  I 've seen people being transformed during them. 

About the guy who runs the organization, he was mainly absent but I met him once. Yes he has a strange vibe, couldn't say i liked him, but i didn't care. He had nothing to do with the retreat and the other guys were very ok. Some of the retreats are done by real shamans from south America, you could ask about that and choose the ones with shamans, that's what I did.

Overall the experience was good in Madrid and somehow negative in Italy. I wouldn't recommend against it, especially for the great group therapy sessions. 

Finally, for European ceremony prices I would say that they are somewhat expensive.

P.S. Find a ceremony conducted by the Palchukan brothers. Thank me eternally ;-)

@Kensho Thanks a lot for this, I really appreciate it.

The problem is that I don't really have a choice. I can only go to a retreat in Portugal that they're having in mid September. It's either that or nothing, because I live in Asia, and this will be a short visit.

So far they don't even have an exact location for the retreat yet, they're still looking for it.

I'll ask them for some additional details, and I'll ask about the Palchukan brothers as well. The guy I'm in contact with is a guy named Pancho, any idea who he is?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

@Kensho Thanks a lot for this, I really appreciate it.

The problem is that I don't really have a choice. I can only go to a retreat in Portugal that they're having in mid September. It's either that or nothing, because I live in Asia, and this will be a short visit.

So far they don't even have an exact location for the retreat yet, they're still looking for it.

I'll ask them for some additional details, and I'll ask about the Palchukan brothers as well. The guy I'm in contact with is a guy named Pancho, any idea who he is?

Thanks!

The location is given some days before the retreat. Never heard of Pancho. About the Palchukan brothers, I met them in Madrid 3 1/2 years ago but I think they are not cooperating with Inner Mastery anymore. They are having retreats around Europe this summer though.

In general there many retreats done in Europe. So, you are visiting only Portugal in september ?

20 minutes ago, Kensho said:

In general there many retreats done in Europe. So, you are visiting only Portugal in september ?

That's the plan, but I guess I could do some research and see if there's anything else nearby...

Hi @Gili Trawangan @Damien I was wondering if either of you made it to the Portuguese retreat, and if so, how did it go? I'm in a similar situation where I'll have an opportunity to attend one in Portugal this summer but I'm a bit put off by the negative reviews from other countries. 

@pattimone I have been to one of their retreats, and having been to many other different retreat organisations in both Europe and South America - I can honestly say you should avoid Inner Mastery.

You don't even need to take it from me. Here is someone who worked for them telling his story of what a shit show it is.

7 hours ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

@pattimone I have been to one of their retreats, and having been to many other different retreat organisations in both Europe and South America - I can honestly say you should avoid Inner Mastery.

You don't even need to take it from me. Here is someone who worked for them telling his story of what a shit show it is.

Congrats on your sub count milestone. Glad you got over the COVID.

I have heard that in those retreats people vape 5 meo dmt or bufo the morning after having done Ayahuasca. As I understand it, 5 meo should not be consumed after taking imao, it can be fatal. I suppose they have it under control, but it would be interesting to know exactly how it is