AlldayLoop

Has anyone ever quit spiritual practices altogether?

14 posts in this topic

I am just curious if any of you (or know someone) that has ever decided to just call it quits after you’ve heard about spirituality, enlightenment, and the practices such as yoga, meditation, psychedelics, listening to satsangs, etc. Either completely stopped or took a break.

Not just because you became enlightened and that was it, but you just changed your mind and decided to go back to ordinary everyday stuff like focusing on your job, family, vacation, etc. 

12 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@AlldayLoop I don't remember. Maybe 3 years ago or something.

Oh, nice! Have you noticed improvements with how you relate to life?

3 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

Yeah I had to stop for about a year to ground myself during a psychotic episode.  Things are about 30 percent more stable so I have started again.

If you don’t mind me asking, could you share a bit more about that?

I would say I’m not taking a a full break from it. But I am focusing more on my personal life to get that part stable. It goes hand in hand for me. 

Spirituality is best practiced when you have your survival figured out so you can dedicate your life to it. It's part why Leo has so much orange stage stuff in his earlier videos. 

Managing both can be a puzzle indeed. I'm having to go back through orange myself because I skipped straight to green values. 

@Keyhole Wow thank you for sharing. Also, I never heard of the term apophenia before you mentioned it! I looked it up and I can relate to that!

3 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Managing both can be a puzzle indeed. I'm having to go back through orange myself because I skipped straight to green values. 

Yeah, I can relate. I need to get independent with my financial situation. For example, I love buying eco friendly products, but they’re obviously more expensive than big brand. My family mostly supports buying them since I still live with them, but there’s no way I could afford that if I lived on my own. 

@AlldayLoop yes I feel once it becomes a “thing” one doesn’t wish to give up and seen as being a significant part of their life, that’s the best time to completely drop it, at least until it shows up again, as a true desire, or insight. 

Ive done it a few times in the past year and this is how the practice becomes a way of life. Everything about life is spiritual, no more forcing it 

@AlldayLoop We all ask the big questions such as "Why am I here?"  "What is life?" Some may inquire more then others. But everyone inquires.

3 hours ago, DrewNows said:

@AlldayLoop yes I feel once it becomes a “thing” one doesn’t wish to give up and seen as being a significant part of their life, that’s the best time to completely drop it, at least until it shows up again, as a true desire, or insight. 

Ive done it a few times in the past year and this is how the practice becomes a way of life. Everything about life is spiritual, no more forcing it 

??

@AlldayLoop i started a half year ago. It all started because my husband started listening Leo and always was updating me what he learn. I would say i was very negative in it, because it sounded crazy and not real. Then i wanted to support him and understand what he is saying so i started to learn about budism. Read few articles budhist books and time by time became closer to my husband because i started to understand. There was times that i was lost after few awekenings and thought that im going crazy so stoped thinking about it but not more then few weeks. Then again some weed session had a little awekening and after it i got back on track. Even started seeing psichoterapist, who really supported meditation and all the things i was into it. So i figured it out that only thing that keeping me from spiritual life is my relationships with parents. And when i started let it go i just fully got into it. Since then my life is only getting better, im more happy and relaxed. And im sure that spiritual awekening is the biggest improvement in my life. I am more confident, i am more motivated to do my job the best i can, couse i know nothing is imposible. So of course this path is not easy but its worth every up and down, because when you understand whats happening you are finally free. 

Ps sorry for mistakes, but i hope you will understand. :)

I decided to quit spirituality in 2016. Wanted to start a new career and focus on it completely. Everything did not go well so left the career path after 6 months and came back to practice. Now i don't see myself going through life without it anymore.

"The Universe is Mental--held in the Mind of THE ALL."

--The Kybalion.

Adyashanti has said multiple times that the journey starts with you pursuing reality. This is a time where you can drop it all together and get another "hobby." But once an authentic awakening has happened, reality starts to pursue you. This is surely very relatable to many. It is to me. Once reality has shown itself it can never really be forgotten, the doer has been seen to be illusory and you (the ego) are no longer the one behind the wheel.

You can quit practice but you cannot quit being yourself. That's impossible.

Once you Awaken, there's no going back. Unless you want to suffer endlessly.

B R E A T H E