Matt8800

Ask an Occultist (divination,talking to spirits, siddhis, etc)

604 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, outlandish said:

@Matt8800 could you talk a bit about cartomancy/tarot? I have a soft spot for the traditional Tarot de Marseilles decks xD

@outlandish Ive experimented a bit with Tarot but Im not super experienced with it. Some people love it. If it resonates with you, I would recommend you continue with it. It is a common tool in the Occult, not just for divination but as a tool for spiritual growth also. It can be a guiding force that your spirit guide can speak to you through.

I use the I Ching simply because it resonates with me strongly but everyone is different.

What are your thoughts on children having imaginary friends?  Are they just imaginary? If they aren't, then what do you think they are? What about imaginary... evil things? I remember being scared of a room in my grandmas apartment, back when I was 3 or 4, because I thought an evil being lived inside the room (I still remember it's name and looks). I'm not saying that it was real, I'm just curious about your thoughts.

beep boop

11 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

What are your thoughts on children having imaginary friends?  Are they just imaginary? If they aren't, then what do you think they are? What about imaginary... evil things? I remember being scared of a room in my grandmas apartment, back when I was 3 or 4, because I thought an evil being lived inside the room (I still remember it's name and looks). I'm not saying that it was real, I'm just curious about your thoughts.

@DefinitelyNotARobot The way children create imaginary friends is similar to the way sorcerers and witches create artificial spirits and tibetan monks create "tulpas". I have created spirits for various purposes and been surprised at how effective they can work. If done right, they can serve the creator well. I sent one on a "mission" that was critical and it performed perfectly.

If the creator has a lot of impurities, that will be passed to the creation and can create problems.

I have heard stories about imaginary friends of children that have had traumatic childhoods having their "friend" get hostile and dangerous as they get older and needing an exorcism. I would be careful about letting children interact with "imaginary" friends for this reason because they may step out of their imagination.

You probably met a disturbed or lost spirit when you were young. I personally dont use the word "evil" for spirits because many times they are just disturbed and suffering in their own way. We have a tendency to attribute evil-ness to spirits that dont give us the warm and fuzzies. With that said, a few can be quite troublesome and even dangerous - caution should be used.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 1-Do you have any experience or knowledge about mytical creatures? The grandparents of a friend of mine once told me they have seen little elves running around their house lol. They never make contact, they just run through the house like a necessity. I don't know if this is true yet, but im curious. I watched some videos on youtube which look kinda legit but its too much for my paradigm to accept. They are from Mexico btw. 

After seeing  how dr strange and harry potter relate to truth im starting to be very open and skeptical of reality in the relative plain too.

This is why they make movies about these things so we never imagine their possibility for a second. 

2- Can relatives come and visit us as animals? Specially Insects or lizards? I don't even know if this topic exists but i have seen a few Insects and lizards and intuitevely felt this was my grandfather. Im just curious, don't know if im being delusional. (By the way, they have come to my room).

I also have dreamed with my grandfather giving me messages which I don't remember. In a dream he looked like the man with an eagle head from egyptian drawings. I don't think about him at all which makes it strange for me to dream with, out of so many other people. 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

@Matt8800 Very interesting posts! Thank you :)

You wrote that the way to deal with parasitic entities and 'evil' spirits is to appear like a dangerous predator and threaten them. Somewhere else I heard that you should just love them. Such entities feed off of fear, anxiety, etc so If you are totally fearless, full of love and express it to them then that might work too, right? Or do you think the other way is more powerful?

I had been wondering how to reconcile power and love and your posts have shed some light on it and helped me to also embrace power and balance them better. But I would still prefer to get rid of such entities through love xD

12 hours ago, Kalki Avatar said:

@Matt8800 1-Do you have any experience or knowledge about mytical creatures? The grandparents of a friend of mine once told me they have seen little elves running around their house lol. They never make contact, they just run through the house like a necessity. I don't know if this is true yet, but im curious. I watched some videos on youtube which look kinda legit but its too much for my paradigm to accept. They are from Mexico btw. 

After seeing  how dr strange and harry potter relate to truth im starting to be very open and skeptical of reality in the relative plain too.

This is why they make movies about these things so we never imagine their possibility for a second. 

2- Can relatives come and visit us as animals? Specially Insects or lizards? I don't even know if this topic exists but i have seen a few Insects and lizards and intuitevely felt this was my grandfather. Im just curious, don't know if im being delusional. (By the way, they have come to my room).

I also have dreamed with my grandfather giving me messages which I don't remember. In a dream he looked like the man with an eagle head from egyptian drawings. I don't think about him at all which makes it strange for me to dream with, out of so many other people. 

@Kalki Avatar 

1. If you would have asked me those things a couple years ago, I would have just laughed and said it was all BS. Now, I think there is something to that stuff. The universe is alive and teeming with spirit.

2. I dont have direct experience with this but my hunch is that it is possible. I believe I have read somewhere that people have experienced this but I cant totally recall.

2 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

@Matt8800 Very interesting posts! Thank you :)

You wrote that the way to deal with parasitic entities and 'evil' spirits is to appear like a dangerous predator and threaten them. Somewhere else I heard that you should just love them. Such entities feed off of fear, anxiety, etc so If you are totally fearless, full of love and express it to them then that might work too, right? Or do you think the other way is more powerful?

I had been wondering how to reconcile power and love and your posts have shed some light on it and helped me to also embrace power and balance them better. But I would still prefer to get rid of such entities through love xD

@GreenWoods My approach to spirits is gentle and uplifting but firm. I dont approach them as equals; I approach them with authority but I will use my authority to show them kindness. If there is any doubt, I may tell them that I expect good behavior or I will destroy them with the help of my allies. Kindness can turn to wrath quickly, because thats the way it must be.

Its an extreme carrot or stick approach. They decide which one they get.

My experience is that many spirits behave somewhat like children. Give them firm boundaries/expectations but with a "scorch the earth" approach if they step out of line. I have never had a spirit step out of line with me.

Treat them as an equal, a superior or with fear and thats when the problems can start.

Edited by Matt8800

On 8/21/2019 at 2:45 PM, Yog said:

A relevant resource on the occult. For discord users. Feels proper to place it here.

Its a large community with a diverse range of channels and discussions.
Also has a huge book library and .... challenges.

It looks very legit. Got a couple of good books from it too.

Its a post for educational reasons and not for promotion.

https://discord.gg/Zzgy8TQ

please repost with new invite link

3 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

Its an extreme carrot or stick approach. They decide which one they get.

That sounds fair:) 

Another question: Mystics often can't communicate with spirits as well as clairvoyants can. You solve that by working together with your fiance. Another possibility, for us poor fellows who don't have a hot witch girlfriend yet, could be to meet and communicate with them in lucid dreams. Should work, right?

44 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

That sounds fair:) 

Another question: Mystics often can't communicate with spirits as well as clairvoyants can. You solve that by working together with your fiance. Another possibility, for us poor fellows who don't have a hot witch girlfriend yet, could be to meet and communicate with them in lucid dreams. Should work, right?

@GreenWoods Yes, hot clairvoyant witch girlfriends are very helpful :)

Yes, I think that would work. Also, shamanic journeying in the way Aidan Wachter describes in Six Ways is a way to meet various spirits. Body scanning meditation strengthens and forms the subtle bodies along with the subtle senses. This increases psychic abilities, the ability to astral project/journey and ability to communicate with spirits. If someone includes that meditation as part of their daily practice, Ive heard it takes about a year to fully awaken the subtle bodies.

Ive been in close contact with my spirit guide for the last 3.5 years. He/she/it communicates to me in a "knowing" way. Its hard to describe but when its clear, its crystal clear. Some people call that gnosis.

Many times when I look for advice, I consult the I Ching, which has been very effective.

Edited by Matt8800

4 hours ago, dvdas said:

What's your thoughts on telekinesis? 

@dvdas

I think Qi-Gong is a very effective way for telekinesis. Qi-gong is a pretty intensive practice. I was told by a traditional Chinese medicine practitioner that it takes about an hour a day to build up any kind of proficiency. 

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 in a post of yours, you mentioned that love and beauty is very intimately tied to awakening. can you expand on that? i've heard about love but what's beauty here? what qualifies as beauty? is it purity? i mean, what is this beauty? (and love too?)

also, is my question naive?

Edited by Vaishnavi

1 hour ago, Vaishnavi said:

@Matt8800 in a post of yours, you mentioned that love and beauty is very intimately tied to awakening. can you expand on that? i've heard about love but what's beauty here? what qualifies as beauty? is it purity? i mean, what is this beauty? (and love too?)

also, is my question naive?

@Vaishnavi No, its a great question. Love and beauty CAN be tied to awakening but there are some enlightened people that have a very dry, cold experience of enlightenment. This is common with Zen Buddhism in particular. Ive heard of some of those teachers talk dismissively about experience and love. Without experience, there is no beauty. Awakening without love and beauty is an incomplete awakening in my opinion. I do see some value in this approach in the beginning because the neediness of the ego can attach to love and beauty in an unhealthy way. It can speed up an awakening (although can be more difficult) but one should shift gears as soon as they achieve it imo.

What I mean by beauty is the intentionally cultivated ABILITY to perceive the beauty that is already there. Before my awakening, I could go for a walk and did not experience the extreme beauty that was already all around me. After my awakening, I felt like I was in a daze when I would go for a walk....totally overwhelmed by the beauty. The beauty of a sunrise, the flowers, the trees. The beauty of a kiss and physical intimacy with someone you love. The beauty that is in the taste of great food, the beauty of music etc, etc. All the small beauties that can become big beauties and can fill our lives and make them rich. Cultivate the ability to really feel the beauty. This is a central teaching in Tantra.

When I talk about love, I dont mean the feeling. Drugs can create the feeling. I mean a high vibrational love that comes from a place of chosen action regardless of feelings. As someone that has a bit of autism, I dont feel it like some people but I can master living it and showing it to others. 

Beauty fuels love and love fuels beauty. They both fuel inspiration, which fuels evolution. No love and beauty, no inspiration, which leads to stagnation. Thats usually when depression and discouragement set in. 

We can create love and beauty in ourselves as a matter of our will if we know how.

Something to think about - If this was your last day alive, would you express love differently? If it was your last sunrise/sunset, would you feel it differently? Live in that place.

Edited by Matt8800

3 hours ago, AwakenedSoul444 said:

@Matt8800 Do you know a good way to attract a partner/relationship with energy work or occult methods? For example I've read visualizing green energy around you which is related to venus helps in attracting affection.

@AwakenedSoul444 Yes, there are tons of ways. The best and easiest ways are in hoodoo or witchcraft imo. If you google it, you can find people giving some pretty crazy stories about how well they worked. There are a bunch on reddit. Usually people that dont think these spells work are people that have never done them. The more people do these kinds of spells, the more convinced they are that they work.

Some spells will bind specific people to you and cause them to feel emotions they wouldnt normally feel. I would avoid this because if there is no real chemistry, it doesnt last. Ive also heard of people casting spells and then deciding later they dont want the person and the other person is turned into a stalker. What I would do is create some kind of talisman to create situations where you would bump into people that fit specific criteria that you feel would have some kind of chemistry.

I would google "hoodoo love spells" and witchcraft love spells". I would avoid any spell that calls on the help of wrathful spirits to help if you are not familiar with working with spirits. Most love spells do not involve wrathful spirits.

I havent done this kind of spellwork but I have heard many times to think carefully about what exactly you want because you sometimes get exactly what you asked for but not really what you wanted.

Edited by Matt8800

On 12/4/2019 at 7:47 PM, Matt8800 said:

@Esoteric Also, Uncle Setnakte's Essential Guide to the LHP is a great book. There might be a pdf online.

The ritual I am referring to is the bornless rite and another one I cant remember the name of right now. Jason Miller has them in his book Strategic Sorcery (must have book imo)

@Matt8800 Thanks. I read Flower's book, was a nice read. Might check Setnakte's as well. To me it seems like there is quite a difference on what is considered LHP in Shakta-Shaiva Tantra, like the Kaula and Trika schools, and what the west took and put under the LHP umbrella. If you are a tantric practitioner, to me, it is a no-brainer that the LHP is what is clearly the most healthy path. To not conform, the healthy view on sexuality, the feminine etc. That is also clear historically if you look at India, that the healthiest most prosperous societies were clearly left streaming and Goddess worshipping.

However when it comes to the west and the LHP, and the major difference, is the obsession to not conform even to nature it seems. The will to continue as an individuated self that refuses to merge into the whole. To just settle at blissful communion with the Divine, hoping your individuality will go on eternally. To me it seems like a red flag and a trap.

Crowley is a really confusing figure, isn't he? On the one hand he seems like a very intelligent man that has made a huge impact on the occult in modern times. And not just as a shocking figure, but as a well respected contributor that is praised by a lot of todays big names in the occult. On the other hand he seemed really troubled and like a huge egomaniac that wanted to boast about his abilities.. I like to view the occult as a F1 race car. You have a powerful beast under you, and with it you have the chance to get where you want, and really fast, but can you handle the machine? Will it get to your head? Seems like Crowley crashed his real bad.

Yeah, dark entities are real. Paranormal abilities are real. All those experiences which sounds lunatic and impossible to most, they are real. 

I have no question. Just wanted to verify this from my own personal direct experience. 

I'm too afraid to ask you bro. 

jk xD

4 hours ago, Esoteric said:

@Matt8800 Thanks. I read Flower's book, was a nice read. Might check Setnakte's as well. To me it seems like there is quite a difference on what is considered LHP in Shakta-Shaiva Tantra, like the Kaula and Trika schools, and what the west took and put under the LHP umbrella. If you are a tantric practitioner, to me, it is a no-brainer that the LHP is what is clearly the most healthy path. To not conform, the healthy view on sexuality, the feminine etc. That is also clear historically if you look at India, that the healthiest most prosperous societies were clearly left streaming and Goddess worshipping.

However when it comes to the west and the LHP, and the major difference, is the obsession to not conform even to nature it seems. The will to continue as an individuated self that refuses to merge into the whole. To just settle at blissful communion with the Divine, hoping your individuality will go on eternally. To me it seems like a red flag and a trap.

Crowley is a really confusing figure, isn't he? On the one hand he seems like a very intelligent man that has made a huge impact on the occult in modern times. And not just as a shocking figure, but as a well respected contributor that is praised by a lot of todays big names in the occult. On the other hand he seemed really troubled and like a huge egomaniac that wanted to boast about his abilities.. I like to view the occult as a F1 race car. You have a powerful beast under you, and with it you have the chance to get where you want, and really fast, but can you handle the machine? Will it get to your head? Seems like Crowley crashed his real bad.

@Esoteric Yeah, I agree that the West's LHP goes a bit far but the RHP does also. I wouldnt throw the baby out with the bathwater. I think the answer is the middle but there needs to be an understanding of the extremes to know where the middle is. I agree with your assessment about Tantra being a balanced LHP but keep in mind that most Tantric schools believe in the eternal Atman.

Regarding eternal individuation, how do you know that "you" will ever merge and not be individuated? At minimum, near death experiences seem to indicate that subjective experience continues after the body dies. If "you" dont dissolve into nothing right after physical death, when would you dissolve into nothing? Why would you think that and what do you base that on? If you investigate this, you'll find it is just unsubstantiated sectarian dogma that contradicts Ian Stevenson's studies on reincarnation and studies on NDEs. Many people discover the truth of non-duality and forget that it doesnt mean that duality does not exist in consciousness, and consciousness is eternal.

I see eternal evolution like dividing distance in half an infinite amount of times - you keep getting closer and closer to merging with the ALL but not quite there. We cannot say that is "bad" unless we fully understood it. The real importance of having the correct belief is that it affects how you choose to live your life. Someone that believes they came to this life to learn and grow in ways that will affect them for eternity is going to live a very different life than someone that believes they will die and dissolve into nothing.

I also agree with your assessment on Crowley. I thought he was an egomaniac that did not resonate with my values. I was never a fan.

Edited by Matt8800

2 hours ago, Highest said:

Yeah, dark entities are real. Paranormal abilities are real. All those experiences which sounds lunatic and impossible to most, they are real. 

I have no question. Just wanted to verify this from my own personal direct experience. 

I'm too afraid to ask you bro. 

jk xD

@Highest lol...feel free to ask me anything any time :)

56 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@Esoteric Regarding eternal individuation, how do you know that "you" will ever merge and not be individuated? At minimum, near death experiences seem to indicate that subjective experience continues after the body dies. If "you" dont dissolve into nothing right after physical death, when would you dissolve into nothing? Why would you think that and what do you base that on? If you investigate this, you'll find it is just unsubstantiated sectarian dogma that contradicts Ian Stevenson's studies on reincarnation and studies on NDEs. Many people discover the truth of non-duality and forget that it doesnt mean that duality does not exist in consciousness, and consciousness is eternal.

@Matt8800 I don't know, I have no idea. But an explanation could be that you continue to reincarnate because of the desire to experience. And as individuated consciousness you continue to do this until you exhaust yourself completely till there is no other desire left but to merge with the infinite.