Matt8800

Ask an Occultist (divination,talking to spirits, siddhis, etc)

604 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Dumuzzi said:

Hi Matt, 

Great thread, haven't finished reading through it yet, but there is a wealth of information here. Turns out I'm actually an occultist, just didn't know it yet. I shall wear the label with pride from now on.

Which brings me to the sensitive question of outside perceptions. Have you ever been persecuted for your beliefs, practices and associations?

Reason I ask, is that I am involved in Tantra and work with the Anunnaki as well. I have found that the reception to that on more than one forum was outright hostile and in one case descended into a literal witch-hunt. I have been banished for life as a result. Interested to hear whether you fared better than me. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, that as a result of my above associations,  I was also accused by some more paranoid individuals of being an MK Ultra asset controlled by a CIA handler, who was sent to infiltrate said forum. Can't even make this stuff up...

I wonder how you handle such hostility and if you ever had to make a run for it, metaphorically speaking?

@Dumuzzi Thanks :)

I dont advertise it in my personal life. I have relatives and old friends that are Christian that would be afraid and never talk to me again if I told them everything I had explored.

Dont listen to other people. People are always going to be afraid of others that give themselves permission to be free from all dogma/condition/programming and give themselves permission to build their personal power to a level that is far above others. Its like crabs pulling the other crabs back into the pot. How do you think that many people got the idea that power is "bad"? They dont mind you having personal power as long as it isnt more than them ;)

As the Gita says, its not what you do but why do you do it. With power, it is why do you build it?

If Gandhi would have had the same attitude about developing his own power as many people on this site have, India would still be controlled by the British.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 Great advice, thanks.

I have also been working on building up my own personal power. Not quite sure what to do with it yet. I thought that maybe I should go out and help people, offer healings, energy transmissions, act as a go-between for people and connect them to deities, that sort of thing. Then I realised, this was to the detriment of my own personal development and it put a strain on the relationship between myself and higher beings. What I am starting to realise is that you can't really help others, the best you can do is show them how to help themselves. 

It is interesting that you should mention Gandhi. I grew up partly in India, but I also lived in the UK for a while. I always felt inspired by him. Apparently, his considerable powers of persuasion and concentration had a lot to do with him being a Sannyasin. He was transmuting his sexual energies to feed his Kundalini and allow him to serve a higher purpose. I am also at that stage, where all of my sexual energies are diverted and transmuted to feed my Kundalini, which awakened about 7 years ago, when it rose all the way to the top. I can now raise my Kundalini any time and keep it in the crown, which i use to interact with higher beings (my preference being ancient Mesopotamian, Buddhist and Hindu deities). I have also used this in the past for healing purposes or to draw a protective shield of fire around people who were harassed by lesser entities.

I wonder what role Kundalini plays in your own practice, is there a particular way you utilise the serpent power to achieve your goals?

7 hours ago, Dumuzzi said:

@Matt8800 Great advice, thanks.

I have also been working on building up my own personal power. Not quite sure what to do with it yet. I thought that maybe I should go out and help people, offer healings, energy transmissions, act as a go-between for people and connect them to deities, that sort of thing. Then I realised, this was to the detriment of my own personal development and it put a strain on the relationship between myself and higher beings. What I am starting to realise is that you can't really help others, the best you can do is show them how to help themselves. 

It is interesting that you should mention Gandhi. I grew up partly in India, but I also lived in the UK for a while. I always felt inspired by him. Apparently, his considerable powers of persuasion and concentration had a lot to do with him being a Sannyasin. He was transmuting his sexual energies to feed his Kundalini and allow him to serve a higher purpose. I am also at that stage, where all of my sexual energies are diverted and transmuted to feed my Kundalini, which awakened about 7 years ago, when it rose all the way to the top. I can now raise my Kundalini any time and keep it in the crown, which i use to interact with higher beings (my preference being ancient Mesopotamian, Buddhist and Hindu deities). I have also used this in the past for healing purposes or to draw a protective shield of fire around people who were harassed by lesser entities.

I wonder what role Kundalini plays in your own practice, is there a particular way you utilise the serpent power to achieve your goals?

@Dumuzzi There are different approaches to awakening. Ones perception of things that happen can be colored by the metaphors of the tradition they come from. Not everyone that awakens experiences kundalini in the same way. With that said, if that is what you are experiencing, keep doing it. I believe there can be a lot of power in learning how to work with ones kundalini. 

One can transmute their sexual energy into personal power through sexual abstinence. In Tantra, sexual energy is used to awaken but the "seed" is retained. Right now, you are following what is called the "right hand path". Tantra is considered "left hand path". I would recommend studying Tantra; at least so you understand it. You dont need to change your path at all if you choose but then it is a choice rather than lack of knowledge. I would recommend the book Desire - The Tantric Path to Awakening. Ideally, I like to walk the "middle path".

Tantra incorporates some powerful magick, in which Kundalini energy can be directed with your intent to alter "objective" reality. Maybe it would be a good idea to look for a ritual to evoke Kali Ma and ask if she is interested in drawing you near to her in a student-mentor relationship. I believe that one should maintain their sovereignty in their relationships with deities. Some people grovel like worms and Ive found in my experience that gods/goddesses like Kali dont respect that as much nor is it empowering.

Tibetian Tantric Buddhism has very powerful magick but some of those traditions can be hard to learn (and dangerous) without a mentor. Jason Miller spent some time in Tibet living with some Tibetan sorcerers and incorporated some of the Tantric techiques he learned in a course on sorcery that was revealed to him by Hekate. If you want some powerful magick, that might be the way to go :)

Dont be influenced by other people's definitions of bad/black magick and good/white magick. People react on this subject out of fear and dogma. Ones intention makes it "good" or "bad".

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 Thanks for those recommendations. I'll check them out. 

Kali did visit me once in her Mahakali form, though that was years ago.

It is my understanding that there is only really one Goddess, in many forms. 

I have done the research on this and it seems that Inanna/Ishtar in ancient Mesopotamia was the original form of the Goddess, as far as the current iteration of our civilisation is concerned and her cult spread from there in all directions and she has been known under many different names in different parts of the world. Spreading West, she became Astarte, Aphrodite, then Venus. Later she was incorporated into Christianity as the Queen of Heaven, Shekinah and the Holy Spirit (as the dove Goddess Ishtar).

Going East, she became Maa Durga (the link between Durga and Inanna is undeniable, especially with the warrior Goddess and Riding the lion/tiger symbolism), who in turn became known as Tara and later Quan Yin in Buddhism. Kali and Parvati are probably part of the same tradition. 

Although I agree that blind worship is not desirable and is disliked by the gods, there is in fact a link between Kundalini and Goddess Worship. I have been given Shaktipat by the Goddess herself and without her divine grace, I very much doubt that I would have been able to fully awaken and more importantly, to survive the process. This may sound rather esoteric, but I have built a personal relationship with her over the years, as well as some of the other gods. In a way, I like to think of it as friendship, but it goes well beyond that, they are family to me. 

As for Tantra, yes, that is the path I follow, though it is more or less by accident, or to be more precise, predestination. You could say that I fell into tantric practice accidentally, on the other hand I'm convinced, that this path was set out for me, even before I was born. There are many little details in my life that add up to this conclusion.

Personally, I never felt the need to do any rituals. The gods come to me without any invocation, if I raise my Kundalini, I can access and interact with any of them. I have come to learn that they have a collective mind (Biblically, this is known as the Elohim) and they can either speak with one voice, or individually, as the situation requires it. However, I might try an invocation or two, just to see if it makes any difference. 

You are right about not allowing other people's perceptions and prejudices to cloud your own judgement. I have fallen into this trap before and I intend to avoid this in the future. 

I will have to meditate on this whole topic and seek divine guidance. I must say, I am very impressed by your posts and your philosophy really resonates with me. It is the first time I have met someone that interacts with deities on the same level as I do and actually knows what they're talking about. This really is a breath of fresh air.

@Matt8800 Nice, but before I enter the occult I need to know if I can get killed by Spirits. And also, die doing astral projection wrong, or if someone tries to wake me up, or by some astral entity. 

I dont have much time in this moment to start learning and practicing spells hidden from my family right now. This is why I want to astral project. Is it as hard as to when one experiences their first awakening? So I can know how much time to give such practice right now. 

And, as I saw your practice advice I noticed you did not mentioned any Kriyas. Kriyas did not improve much your practices? 

Any occult video I can see on youtube to open my mind more? 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

On 12/1/2019 at 10:44 AM, Kalki Avatar said:

@Matt8800 Thanks for answering Matt :)

I have a few doubts left. 

1. Lets say I develop my abilities and get to contact Spirits. Will they come sometimes out of no where and be made noticible on my house? I don't want my family to get traumitized, lol. They are religious and have no idea about true spirituality yet.

2. Also, can't this become a distraction before Realization? I feel alot of attraction towards these things and kinda feel I may get lost in them. 

3. What has this served you? For example, has astral projection teached you something apart from opening your mind, if you have experienced it?

4. Do you have gurus on other realms? 

5. Lastly, I don't know if you are already liberated, but what would be the best combo practices and teachings to combine from your experience? For example, I practice presence for some time. After getting some stability I switch to Breath meditation. Then after being totally relaxed I switch to authentic meditation. And finally after being centered in awareness I switch to self Inquiry and contemplation (which is the one I have less experience with). 

@Kalki Avatar

1. No, it usually doesnt work like that. If spirits arent showing up unannounced to you now to your eyes, they probably wont later unless you do a ritual to evoke them.

2. The only things that are distractions are attachments and aversions. Some people will claim that any other path than the path they are on is a distraction but watch how they react when someone says they disagree with them on Trump, veganism, global warming, genders, etc. Some people dont believe in spiritual evolution other than just waking up. Waking up is not complicated; it just requires courage, which most people dont have. They lack the courage to let the self truly die and just distract themselves with their spiritual identities and practices to make themselves believe they are making progress. What I am proposing is that we should wake up AND continue our spiritual evolution. 

3. There is not enough room to fully answer that lol. Regarding astral projection, sometimes lost spirits need help and you can help them, your spirit guides will teach you things and heal you, etc, etc, etc.....

4. I have my inner guru that talks to me. I suppose "he" is in another realm.

5. I liberated myself 3 years ago. It was brutal but worth it. You must be willing to let the self die. I would suggest studying Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha and Yoga Sutras of Patanjali with commentary by Swami Satchinanda. Do concentration meditation to control your mind and Vipassana (also, the Noting Method is great) to see through the egoic mechanism. These things will lead you to awakening. For your spiritual evolution and growth on the occult path, read everything put out by Aidan Wachter and Jason Miller. That will be a great start.

1 hour ago, Kalki Avatar said:

@Matt8800 Nice, but before I enter the occult I need to know if I can get killed by Spirits. And also, die doing astral projection wrong, or if someone tries to wake me up, or by some astral entity. 

I dont have much time in this moment to start learning and practicing spells hidden from my family right now. This is why I want to astral project. Is it as hard as to when one experiences their first awakening? So I can know how much time to give such practice right now. 

And, as I saw your practice advice I noticed you did not mentioned any Kriyas. Kriyas did not improve much your practices? 

Any occult video I can see on youtube to open my mind more? 

@Kalki Avatar No, one cannot be killed by spirits but fear can certainly make one a target for their harassment. They leave the courageous alone. Know that you either have the power, or can find the power through spirit allies, that could really create trouble for any malicious spirit. Stay courageous and you will be protected. Avoid destructive magick until you know what you are doing and why you are doing it.

I believe the body scanning techniques will help one the most in astral projecting because it builds up the subtle bodies and subtle senses. I started doing this recently and started seeing things with my eyes closed as vividly as with my eyes open. That has never happened to me before. My astral projecting experiences are getting much more vivid. When I walk through the forests in the astral, I can hear the stones and sticks under my feet. I can vividly feel the bark on the trees, hear the creek water flowing over the rocks, feel the sun on my skin, etc, etc.

I tried Kriya for awhile. It didnt do much for me...certainly not as much as my other practices. I suppose its fine for some though.

I dont know if this is too advanced, but I watched this video the other day that I liked - 

Edited by Matt8800

2 hours ago, Dumuzzi said:

You are right about not allowing other people's perceptions and prejudices to cloud your own judgement. I have fallen into this trap before and I intend to avoid this in the future. 

@Dumuzzi Sounds like the Goddess is illuminating your path :)

I would suggest reading up on left hand path philosophy and you will be freed from the influence of other peoples programmed morality and dogma forever. The book that covers this in depth is "Lords of the Left Hand Path" I dont necessarily agree with all their assessments on RHP beliefs and goals but it covers a lot well. Explore your aversions to this philosophy carefully. Understanding this philosophy is important for Tantra in my opinion since Tantra is a left hand path tradition.

Also, I wouldnt underestimate ritual. There is a reason the most advanced and evolved Tantrikas use it. Explore this and you may be surprised at what you find.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800

First of all you deserve credit for creating this thread and providing detailed responses on the topic. It looks like you certainly know what you are talking about.

My questions are:

1. How do you think the ego will corrupt these occult practices?
2. What is the potential for delusion people pursuing this as some people say this is a gift?
3. Do you understand GOD as an anthropomorphized being?
4. Do you believe in any religion/ dogma, a physical hell and heaven?

13 hours ago, TRUTHWITHCAPITALT said:

@Matt8800

First of all you deserve credit for creating this thread and providing detailed responses on the topic. It looks like you certainly know what you are talking about.

My questions are:

1. How do you think the ego will corrupt these occult practices?
2. What is the potential for delusion people pursuing this as some people say this is a gift?
3. Do you understand GOD as an anthropomorphized being?
4. Do you believe in any religion/ dogma, a physical hell and heaven?

@TRUTHWITHCAPITALT Thanks! :)

1. In the Occult, there is a idea of True Will that  shows itself as the ego is transcended and mastered. The True Will propels one towards awakening and supporting the awakening in others. There are rituals that can be done that can be extremely effective in subjugating the ego. If the ego is not transcended, people will many times invest their energies to applying occult abilities for egoic ends. As with any other egoic path, it usually blows up in ones face.

2. Sure, but there can be delusion in anything. Just look at all the people that worship gurus like they are gods.

3. Definitely not. It is an intelligence that cannot be described. Its like the Tao - any description of the Tao is not the Tao.

4. No, but I do believe that if one does not burn away their attachments or aversions, they can create their own "hell" (to varying degrees) after the body dies.

@Matt8800 Hey Matt, thanks for recommending that book about the LHP. Started reading it at work today, very interesting.

Regarding the rituals to subjugate the ego. Are you talking about banishing and pillar rituals or something else?

Cheers :)

@Matt8800  Thanks for the response.

I want to know about  the true will. Any book recommendation I am currently reading the Sorcerers Secrets. 

My other question is I know a priest who heals. He says he was given power from GOD. In his service, I  have seen blind people getting their eyes, deaf people started hearing, handicapped people started walking, demon possessed getting healed etc.  

Is this something related with occult? He teaches the Bible and believes in hell/heaven, anthropomorphized GOD, judgement day etc

What is your say on that? Thanks again.

2 hours ago, Esoteric said:

@Matt8800 Hey Matt, thanks for recommending that book about the LHP. Started reading it at work today, very interesting.

Regarding the rituals to subjugate the ego. Are you talking about banishing and pillar rituals or something else?

Cheers :)

@Esoteric Also, Uncle Setnakte's Essential Guide to the LHP is a great book. There might be a pdf online.

The ritual I am referring to is the bornless rite and another one I cant remember the name of right now. Jason Miller has them in his book Strategic Sorcery (must have book imo)

3 hours ago, Maximus said:

Do you have any experience understanding why a person would have no success with positive predictions?

I am talking about less than 15% of the population.

@Maximus No. The divination method that works for me extremely well is the I Ching. With other methods, I never had a lot of "luck" with divination. 

Experienced occultists will say some are naturally gifted but nearly anyone can improve.

A great book to learn the I Ching is I Ching for Magicians. The I Ching has blown me away. I have no explanation as to why it works so well.

Edited by Matt8800

2 hours ago, TRUTHWITHCAPITALT said:

@Matt8800  Thanks for the response.

I want to know about  the true will. Any book recommendation I am currently reading the Sorcerers Secrets. 

My other question is I know a priest who heals. He says he was given power from GOD. In his service, I  have seen blind people getting their eyes, deaf people started hearing, handicapped people started walking, demon possessed getting healed etc.  

Is this something related with occult? He teaches the Bible and believes in hell/heaven, anthropomorphized GOD, judgement day etc

What is your say on that? Thanks again.

@TRUTHWITHCAPITALT His beliefs are unrelated to his gifts. Also, one can tap into the reservoirs of power created by all the psychic energy that has been invested into deities, even if they dont believe in that particular religion. For example, some occultists will use the power of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost and the name of Jesus through Saint Cyprian for all kinds of very powerful "black" magick. St Cyprian has become the saint of sorcerers, witches, necromancers, etc. The Catholic church has generally distanced itself from that saint for that reason.

@Matt8800  1. The video is a little advanced. For example, I didnt catch the part of the watch towers. I have heard other witches speak about this too. I don't know if he was astral proyecting or what. That stuff seems so out of here it seems like pure fairytail. Still, im open to it. What did he meant? 

2. Just before trying astral proyection, I researched people say you can be possesed or die, how can we evade this? 

3. Can Spirit guides speak on my mind without words or I just have a strong intuition? Sometimes i feel someone is sendings things to my mind. Or is it just that im dowloading info with my pineal gland? 

4. Do you have reports about your experiences? The thing is, okay, I get to contact spirits, astral, etc. These things will open my mind and increase my faith. But i dont get how can this be useful for my evolution apart from being something pretty fun. 

5. Can witchcraft help me reach financial independence? 

6. After liberation, can you still lie? 

7. Everytime I have an awakening, my family percieves something weird with me, but is just that I get out of touch with their social reality. How can I balance my self to normal people and not be socially awkward? The thing is, if I have an awakening and I start doing the mundane to look normal I loose my witnessing because it is not strong enough. How can I balance this during the path and after liberation? 

8. Is it posible to be enlightened and choose black magic and evil spirits? A black evil enlightened witch? 

9. What is your biggest Realization till now? 

10. How much did it took for you to get liberated?

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

23 minutes ago, Kalki Avatar said:

@Matt8800  1. The video is a little advanced. For example, I didnt catch the part of the watch towers. I have heard other witches speak about this too. I don't know if he was astral proyecting or what. That stuff seems so out of here it seems like pure fairytail. Still, im open to it. What did he meant? 

2. Just before trying astral proyection, I researched people say you can be possesed or die, how can we evade this? 

3. Can Spirit guides speak on my mind without words or I just have a strong intuition? Sometimes i feel someone is sendings things to my mind. Or is it just that im dowloading info with my pineal gland? 

4. Do you have reports about your experiences? The thing is, okay, I get to contact spirits, astral, etc. These things will open my mind and increase my faith. But i dont get how can this be useful for my evolution apart from being something pretty fun. 

5. Can witchcraft help me reach financial independence? 

6. After liberation, can you still lie? 

7. Everytime I have an awakening, my family percieves something weird with me, but is just that I get out of touch with their social reality. How can I balance my self to normal people and not be socially awkward? The thing is, if I have an awakening and I start doing the mundane to look normal I loose my witnessing because it is not strong enough. How can I balance this during the path and after liberation? 

8. Is it posible to be enlightened and choose black magic and evil spirits? A black enlightened witch? 

9. What is your biggest Realization till now? 

10. How much did it took for you to get liberated?

@Kalki Avatar

1. It is a place to shamanically journey to. The more you do it, the more real it becomes. It starts with imagination and eventually takes on a life of its own. Imagination and visualization is the gateway.

2. I dont believe that is true and many others dont believe it either. If in doubt, ask your guardian spirit to watch over you. (We all have them)

3. Some call it gnosis. Some call it the inner guru. Whatever it is, I would pay attention. If it shocks you and does not appeal to your ego or grandiosity, its probably real.

4. Thats a long and deep subject. You could research the term "occult inner alchemy". Some people are naturally loving and they need to develop their strength in this incarnation. Some people must master their will. Some need to master love. Inner alchemy, shamanic journeying, etc can do that.

5. Yes, it can have an influence but one must still do the mundane work. It can give you the wind at your back for sure. Jason Miller has a great book on financial sorcery.

6. Its not about whether you lie, its why do you lie? If the Nazis asked about the Jews you were hiding in the basement during WW2, would you lie?

7. The fact that you recognize this shows wisdom. Its a balance we must always work on.

8. Yes, the Aghori are good examples but remember, it is the WHY that makes magic "evil". Also, spirits fall in the spectrum of "good" and "evil"; just like people. Skilled occultists sometimes will lift the disturbed spirits up just like a charitable person may lift a homeless person up. In the end, everything is evolving towards the light.

9. The last one ;)

10. It seemed easier for me than others but it was because I was willing to let the self die, which took courage and will. People are at different levels though depending on karma, past lives, strengths, weaknesses, etc so its not really helpful to compare everything from the perspective of one incarnation.

@Matt8800 could you talk a bit about cartomancy/tarot? I have a soft spot for the traditional Tarot de Marseilles decks xD

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@Matt8800 @Matt8800

Can you explain the distinction between lying for protecting the jews or my family and lying to protect my self? This is still survival. 

I have lied to my family about being religious just to save my ass in the past and I have been brought down from higher states of conciousness for this. 

3 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

@Kalki Avatar

1. It is a place to shamanically journey to. The more you do it, the more real it becomes. It starts with imagination and eventually takes on a life of its own. Imagination and visualization is the gateway.

2. I dont believe that is true and many others dont believe it either. If in doubt, ask your guardian spirit to watch over you. (We all have them)

3. Some call it gnosis. Some call it the inner guru. Whatever it is, I would pay attention. If it shocks you and does not appeal to your ego or grandiosity, its probably real.

4. Thats a long and deep subject. You could research the term "occult inner alchemy". Some people are naturally loving and they need to develop their strength in this incarnation. Some people must master their will. Some need to master love. Inner alchemy, shamanic journeying, etc can do that.

5. Yes, it can have an influence but one must still do the mundane work. It can give you the wind at your back for sure. Jason Miller has a great book on financial sorcery.

6. Its not about whether you lie, its why do you lie? If the Nazis asked about the Jews you were hiding in the basement during WW2, would you lie?

7. The fact that you recognize this shows wisdom. Its a balance we must always work on.

8. Yes, the Aghori are good examples but remember, it is the WHY that makes magic "evil". Also, spirits fall in the spectrum of "good" and "evil"; just like people. Skilled occultists sometimes will lift the disturbed spirits up just like a charitable person may lift a homeless person up. In the end, everything is evolving towards the light.

9. The last one ;)

10. It seemed easier for me than others but it was because I was willing to let the self die, which took courage and will. People are at different levels though depending on karma, past lives, strengths, weaknesses, etc so its not really helpful to compare everything from the perspective of one incarnation.

3 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

@Kalki Avatar

9. The last one ;)

1 hour ago, Kalki Avatar said:

@Matt8800 @Matt8800

Can you explain the distinction between lying for protecting the jews or my family and lying to protect my self? This is still survival. 

I have lied to my family about being religious just to save my ass in the past and I have been brought down from higher states of conciousness for this. 

@Kalki Avatar Nothing. You are important also. I dont see anything wrong with that. As a matter of fact, I would recommend that you do what you are doing. I see no conflict with that and spiritual evolution.

Remember, its the why.

Edited by Matt8800