Matt8800

Ask an Occultist (divination,talking to spirits, siddhis, etc)

604 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, oMarcos said:

@Matt8800

Today morning I was sleeping and meanwhile in the middle of it I "woke up" to a very vivid hallucination of me getting up from my bed, it felt like I was merging into a realm of imagination but I didn't totally surrender because I felt like I didn't want to replace my common reality for another mysterious one, I am afraid of not being able to come back to the "original reality". What would you call this experience, a lucid dream or an astral projection? How would you make the distincion between the two? It's not my first time either, I often have this almost total merging in more different scenarios but I run away from it, what would you recommend to overcome that fear and just surrender to explore the realm?

Also,  what is your personal opinion about sigil magick, is it low magick?

Thank you.

@oMarcos Sounds like astral projection. Also, there is a very fine line between lucid dreaming and astral projection. Why not overcome your fear and go for it? Fear is very limiting to beautiful experiences and ones evolution.

I am a huge fan of sigil magick and do it all the time. I used to get concerned over the distinction between high/low and white/black magick but I finally realized it is the intention that matters. If you have to work at a job for money, why not increase your ability to make money via sigils? I view sigils that way in relation to a lot of things.

36 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@oMarcos Sounds like astral projection. Also, there is a very fine line between lucid dreaming and astral projection. Why not overcome your fear and go for it? Fear is very limiting to beautiful experiences and ones evolution.

I am a huge fan of sigil magick and do it all the time. I used to get concerned over the distinction between high/low and white/black magick but I finally realized it is the intention that matters. If you have to work at a job for money, why not increase your ability to make money via sigils? I view sigils that way in relation to a lot of things.

@Matt8800 Damien Echols and Peter Carrol say for sigil magick to work you need to forget about the intention and let it grow in the unconcious while Jason Miller say that it is not the case. What is your perspective on that?

Also when it comes to making money do you do divinations to make sure it doesn't turn into black magick? I know Kraig wrote about that being important. I haven't done any casting or sigil magick yet. Been focused on LBPR and Middle Pillar mainly so I wouldn't know but would be interesting to get your thoughts and experiences on that.

Can Occult practices be used to help with emotional development and purification (of even psychosomatic traumas)? If so, what “branch” of the occult would be utilized towards such an end?

What branch of occult would be best for purification? For example, purification of the subtle/psychic/astral body, energetic, samskaras and vasanas, etc.

Regarding Law of Attraction, I don’t understand why occultists seem to be fond of beliefs and emotions. I mean on the one hand, I get it. On the other hand, all emotions tend to have layers to them. So if I superficially set a certain intention or even create a certain though form or something to reach a certain end, that thing I want could still be based off of something really driven by fear. And also all beliefs are fear based to provide a false sense of certainty in a very uncertain reality. I notice this with my own emotions where if I feel inside deep shame, that tends to have a double side to it that ties very deeply to a strong anger or rage that has been repressed but also vice versa. Law of Attraction seems to be about setting a strong, clear, single minded intent to some intended outcome but in practice we find that there almost is no such thing among indivual minds. Can you help reconcile this?

Edited by kieranperez

@kieranperez To give my perspective on this. Doing the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram and Middle Pillar Ritual has helped me very much. Check out the book Modern Magick to get those rituals. It has been the best purification practices I have ever done, and also the best energy practices. I have seen great effects in a very short time, so you might want to check out those rituals and see if they do anything for you.

1 hour ago, Matt8800 said:

I agree, anyway what works works if it works there it can probably also be applied to aid a spiritual path.  I gave up on even learning all the various distinctions after a second, it seems like the common factor so far is working like a more scientific concentrated version of the law of attraction, but it makes most general magick pretty simple actually, the details tune things a little but dont seem as important as powerful intention and powerful emotion. which works better when single minded in higher vibrational states which is why it seems like a natural compliment to a yogic path. 

You mind elaborating on sigil magick a little bit? Is it basically storing intention in a physical item or is that called something else? Im thinking of trying that anyway, do certain materials work better then others, if the details even matter much?

Edited by enderx7

@Matt8800 , have you been in homes which are imbued with positive energies? I would very much like to transform my home into one such - a positive space with healing, peaceful qualities, one which attracts angelic energies. I could try to make that happen by visualising, inviting angels in or using sigil magic to make it so. 

Could I accomplish this? Any suggestions as to what may be required? 

4 hours ago, Esoteric said:

@Matt8800 Damien Echols and Peter Carrol say for sigil magick to work you need to forget about the intention and let it grow in the unconcious while Jason Miller say that it is not the case. What is your perspective on that?

Also when it comes to making money do you do divinations to make sure it doesn't turn into black magick? I know Kraig wrote about that being important. I haven't done any casting or sigil magick yet. Been focused on LBPR and Middle Pillar mainly so I wouldn't know but would be interesting to get your thoughts and experiences on that.

@Esoteric I would go with what Jason said. Hes the man imo. Also, Aiden Wachter has some good things to say about something he calls sigil "shoaling" on his blog that I like. I think he got that from the guy that does Rune Soup. If you google "sigil shoaling", you'll find some great info.

I dont do much divination. Also, the more Ive gotten into it, the less I am concerned about "black magick". I think Kraig's perspective is a little too restrictive. I believe it is a false dicotomy to demarcate between "white" and "black". If one acts from a place of high vibrational values, they will keep on the path of light. Personally, I have done "black magick" as a way of getting an adversarial person to stop what they were doing but I put a lot of thought into it first. For example, many people here would say they would never punch someone in the face but they might reconsider if it meant saving someone else from serious harm from an attacker. 

4 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Can Occult practices be used to help with emotional development and purification (of even psychosomatic traumas)? If so, what “branch” of the occult would be utilized towards such an end?

What branch of occult would be best for purification? For example, purification of the subtle/psychic/astral body, energetic, samskaras and vasanas, etc.

Regarding Law of Attraction, I don’t understand why occultists seem to be fond of beliefs and emotions. I mean on the one hand, I get it. On the other hand, all emotions tend to have layers to them. So if I superficially set a certain intention or even create a certain though form or something to reach a certain end, that thing I want could still be based off of something really driven by fear. And also all beliefs are fear based to provide a false sense of certainty in a very uncertain reality. I notice this with my own emotions where if I feel inside deep shame, that tends to have a double side to it that ties very deeply to a strong anger or rage that has been repressed but also vice versa. Law of Attraction seems to be about setting a strong, clear, single minded intent to some intended outcome but in practice we find that there almost is no such thing among indivual minds. Can you help reconcile this?

@kieranperez Yes, the occult excels at emotional development and purification imo. I did a post here on building inner strength occult style that is a perfect example. I would suggest looking it up. If you cant find it, DM me. Once you raise the energy of gratitude, that energy can be used for more than just building strength.

There is nothing wrong with emotions. The occult path shares a lot of philosophy with Tantra regarding that. Emotions are the fuel for magick and can make life beautiful.....or miserable if you dont master your mind. Once you transcend the ego, fear and shame dont pollute your mind or emotions. To truly master it, you have to be willing to go through the dark night. To get through that, you have to fully accept that nothing you thought matters really matters, including you, your life, your dreams, etc, etc. When you fully accept that, you are free to experience real love, beauty and truth in the flowing present moment where you abide.

4 hours ago, astrokeen said:

@Matt8800 , have you been in homes which are imbued with positive energies? I would very much like to transform my home into one such - a positive space with healing, peaceful qualities, one which attracts angelic energies. I could try to make that happen by visualising, inviting angels in or using sigil magic to make it so. 

Could I accomplish this? Any suggestions as to what may be required? 

@astrokeen Yes, absolutely. Conversely, I have been in buildings with very negative and dark energies. 

First I would cleanse the house with sage. Since you have a relationship with archangel Michael, I would then ask him to fill your house with his protective energy and thank him for doing so. There are other things you could do like make a sigil with his angelic seal in it that represents him protecting your house.

Then, the house will mirror your energy. If you keep your energy at a consistent high vibration, your house will reflect that. If you feel your vibration drop, summon feelings of gratitude and build on its intensity through breathing in the light from above that represents gratitude with the divine as the source. I would start with a few minutes of concentration meditation first though to clear out the junk that lingers and concentrate your consciousness (I do this before any working).

Gratitude is extremely powerful to work with. Also, if you combine the energy of gratitude with healing, it will take your healing up to a new level.

Edited by Matt8800

4 hours ago, enderx7 said:

I agree, anyway what works works if it works there it can probably also be applied to aid a spiritual path.  I gave up on even learning all the various distinctions after a second, it seems like the common factor so far is working like a more scientific concentrated version of the law of attraction, but it makes most general magick pretty simple actually, the details tune things a little but dont seem as important as powerful intention and powerful emotion. which works better when single minded in higher vibrational states which is why it seems like a natural compliment to a yogic path. 

You mind elaborating on sigil magick a little bit? Is it basically storing intention in a physical item or is that called something else? Im thinking of trying that anyway, do certain materials work better then others, if the details even matter much?

@enderx7 There is a ton of info out there on sigils. I wouldnt make it too complicated. While people have a lot of different methods, I kind of think they all work. Google "sigil shoaling". I love that idea and havent seen it much from too many people.

I would recommend Six Ways by Aiden Wachter. He has some good info about it and tons of other valuable info. I also love Jason Miller's books. 

Edited by Matt8800

23 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@astrokeen Yes, absolutely. Conversely, I have been in buildings with very negative and dark energies. 

First I would cleanse the house with sage. Since you have a relationship with archangel Michael, I would then ask him to fill your house with his protective energy and thank him for doing so. There are other things you could do like make a sigil with his angelic seal in it that represents him protecting your house.

Then, the house will mirror your energy. If you keep your energy at a consistent high vibration, your house will reflect that. If you feel your vibration drop, summon feelings of gratitude and build on its intensity through breathing in the light from above that represents gratitude with the divine as the source. I would start with a few minutes of concentration meditation first though to clear out the junk that lingers and concentrate your consciousness (I do this before any working).

Gratitude is extremely powerful to work with. Also, if you combine the energy of gratitude with healing, it will take your healing up to a new level.

Thank you, Matt. This is great advice.

What does the occult think of sexual energy, how is it connected?

Glory to Israel

9 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

@Esoteric I would go with what Jason said. Hes the man imo. Also, Aiden Wachter has some good things to say about something he calls sigil "shoaling" on his blog that I like. I think he got that from the guy that does Rune Soup. If you google "sigil shoaling", you'll find some great info.

I dont do much divination. Also, the more Ive gotten into it, the less I am concerned about "black magick". I think Kraig's perspective is a little too restrictive. I believe it is a false dicotomy to demarcate between "white" and "black". If one acts from a place of high vibrational values, they will keep on the path of light. Personally, I have done "black magick" as a way of getting an adversarial person to stop what they were doing but I put a lot of thought into it first. For example, many people here would say they would never punch someone in the face but they might reconsider if it meant saving someone else from serious harm from an attacker. 

Thank you

5 hours ago, Scholar said:

What does the occult think of sexual energy, how is it connected?

@Scholar Sexual energy is used in magic in many magical traditions across the world. It is used in Tantra, Tibetan Buddhist sorcery, Thai magic, etc, etc. The reason why is, if controlled, can generate massive amounts of psychic energy that can than be used and directed to workings based on your intention. It can add huge amounts of power to magick. This magick can be used for inner transformation, enlightenment/awakening or manifesting one's will in the physical realm. Sex, in this context, is considered sacred and holy.

Jason Miller wrote a great book on Sex and Sorcery that is mostly based on Tantra and Tibetan Buddhist sorcery. The term "occult" includes any methods to influence possible realities according to one's intention so doesnt necessarily just refer to Western practices.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 you mentioned at one point I believe how one time you were energizing an object and how it started moving and/or vibrating. Do you think that if someone was in that room with you they would’ve noticed that too?

48 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

@Matt8800 you mentioned at one point I believe how one time you were energizing an object and how it started moving and/or vibrating. Do you think that if someone was in that room with you they would’ve noticed that too?

@kieranperez I told my fiance and she was curious about it. She wanted to try it during one of our sessions and it did it for her also. I havent seen it do that since but havent really put much effort into trying.

Im not confident that I could make it do that at will....at least not at this time.

what do you think about Hollywood and about their esoteric content? Spirit cooking, illuminati, freemason, witchcraft. Are they promoting free thought or a satanist agenda? 

13 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Have you tried lucid dreaming?

@Danioover9000 Ive done it years ago but havent in a long time. Ive had some pretty severe insomnia issues my whole life so my sleep and dreams is hard to get a handle on.

12 hours ago, ShugendoRa said:

what do you think about Hollywood and about their esoteric content? Spirit cooking, illuminati, freemason, witchcraft. Are they promoting free thought or a satanist agenda? 

@ShugendoRa What esoteric content are you referring to? Ive heard of people claim that hollywood people are into the occult and paint these pictures of actors doing strange things like eating people, killing babies, etc. Thats nonesense imo spread by Christians that are terrified of the occult. 

The reason why they are terrified is because they have been told by the church that occultists are evil. This started hundreds of years ago when Christians started murdering, burning and torturing in very gruesome ways people that were into the occult. The only way that the church could get people to go along with such horrific and cruel actions is by removing natural empathy by making outrageous claims. The claims were simply an attempt to ensure that everyone fell under church control.

Im a big fan of witchcraft. Witchcraft isnt evil, its a tool. Its an effective way of influencing reality according to your will. If you have a hammer, you can hit someone on the head or you can build a house for someone (or yourself) that needs shelter.

Ive never heard of spirit cooking. I googled it and couldnt find any occultist commenting on it whatsoever. The only thing I could find is Christian conspiracy theorists talking about it. My impression is that it is something Christians invented to raise hysteria. I was indoctrinated with Christianity so I remember well how nuts they got about the occult. I remember as a child asking why the occult was "bad" and the only thing they could say is that they worship satan. It is an extremely small percentage of occultists that are satanists. The biggest danger satanists pose is to themselves. Embracing negative energy when delving into the spirit world is just going to bring problems....some very serious.

The illuminati and freemasons are occult groups that form for various reasons. While the occult does give people power, the illuminati and freemasons dont have any more occult powers than other occultists. While I might not agree with their overall motives and purposes, they dont have nearly the nefarious influence that paranoid Christians would think.

Dont believe the hype :)

Edited by Matt8800