Matt8800

Ask an Occultist (divination,talking to spirits, siddhis, etc)

604 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jj13 said:

@Matt8800 Do you know of any resource that talks about psychedelics and magick?

@Jj13 If you google it, there is some commentary on it but not much. I think its much more widespread than one would think by looking at the internet.

It definitely turns the volume up on magick. I do it regularly but I also take my purification seriously and think carefully about what I do with magick and why. At minimum, I would approach with caution :)

@Matt8800 , I have been using your practice and it has been helping.  I just need a couple small pointers.  How should I look upon this parasitic phenomenon, what is the most  useful/honest/empowering way of looking at it.  It seems feeling a sense of resistance or anything like that is not the way to go, and if i look at it as some nasty thing that I hate, it just seems to fuel it.  The gratitude and breathing worked like a charm, the visualization doesn't need to be purposely done for me as the golden inner light thing is just already happening when I go into deep breathing.   I have put a lot into the in breath in my life, and have a good deep sense of it, but my out breath I always just let fall out.  I have never been able to feel or experience much with breathing out bad energy/tension.  Any tips on that would also be appreciated.

One other small tidbit.  When I can sense someone is wasting my time/life/attention, ie being an energy vampire, I get highly annoyed.  I know thats what their doing, wasting both of our times, but I also know they don't consiously know it.  Since we last spoke, I have been more vigilante about how this weird chaotic energy is in people just trying to waste everyones time.  I catch people trying to uncenter me, distract me, it's way less than before, but still it does happen.  How should I look upon people in this situation, I feel the annoyance is probably not the way to go, I try to be more stern in my boundaries but something is feeling half-arsed in my approach in this reguard.  Thanks :)

7 hours ago, Mulky said:

@Matt8800 , I have been using your practice and it has been helping.  I just need a couple small pointers.  How should I look upon this parasitic phenomenon, what is the most  useful/honest/empowering way of looking at it.  It seems feeling a sense of resistance or anything like that is not the way to go, and if i look at it as some nasty thing that I hate, it just seems to fuel it.  The gratitude and breathing worked like a charm, the visualization doesn't need to be purposely done for me as the golden inner light thing is just already happening when I go into deep breathing.   I have put a lot into the in breath in my life, and have a good deep sense of it, but my out breath I always just let fall out.  I have never been able to feel or experience much with breathing out bad energy/tension.  Any tips on that would also be appreciated.

One other small tidbit.  When I can sense someone is wasting my time/life/attention, ie being an energy vampire, I get highly annoyed.  I know thats what their doing, wasting both of our times, but I also know they don't consiously know it.  Since we last spoke, I have been more vigilante about how this weird chaotic energy is in people just trying to waste everyones time.  I catch people trying to uncenter me, distract me, it's way less than before, but still it does happen.  How should I look upon people in this situation, I feel the annoyance is probably not the way to go, I try to be more stern in my boundaries but something is feeling half-arsed in my approach in this reguard.  Thanks :)

@mulky Think of yourself as a dangerous, cold hearted predator that takes pleasure in devouring your prey. The parasitic entities are the prey. 

First, call on your guardian angel to guard over you. Picture it as a dangerous looking, intimidating being that is just itching to rip apart any entity that tries to do you any harm. Thank it for guarding you and know you are watched over.

John Kreiter has a book on psychic vampire defense that would probably be good for you. In that book, it teaches a technique where if you see an entity like that, you take on a stance of a dangerous predator that takes pleasure in eating those entities that would mean you harm. This would be something like standing up straight, shoulders back, your feet slightly apart, your jaw set and a steely, cold look in your eyes that says "I DARE you to fuck with me because I will teach you a lesson you will never forget". Visualize a tentacle stretching out from your non-dominant hand (receiving hand) and attaching to the entity. When it attaches, see the entity get filled with fear and alarm and try to get away. You dont let it get away and you hold on to it. As you inhale, visualize yourself pulling all the life force out of this entity in an act of feeding. As you do this, the entity starts screaming in pain while you see it start withering away as the energy is drained out of it. After this, see yourself standing over it with a cold smirk on your face feeling satisfied with yourself. Allow yourself to feel all these feelings vividly. Allow yourself to fully feel feelings that you would normally never allow yourself to feel because they almost feel dangerous and dark. Realize that YOU are the predator now. Embrace those feelings. Feel the life force surging through your body that you have forcefully taken for yourself.

Learning how to balance love and light with this "powerful and dangerous" aspect within yourself is an important part of the path. If you feel resistance to this thinking that it is dark, think carefully as to why and assume that everything you have believed up to this point might be false. If you are going to be powerful, that also means you can be dangerous to those that mean you harm and you are going to have to learn to embrace that.

Those entities definitely do not like that if done with power. They wont want anything to do with you after a few times of that. There are much easier and less painful lunches for them out there and they will find that their old methods no longer work with you. Think about how this approach and those feelings are different than how the old you would handle it.

Regarding people that try to take your energy, maybe you need less friends and/or new friends. Politely but firmly communicate your boundaries and if people wont respect that, actively avoid them. If you find yourself getting lonely, build a relationship with your guardian angel/spirit guide (that works surprisingly well for loneliness). Spend time with people that want to learn and grow also. Find some people that have the same weaknesses that you had, that also want to grow and change, and gently show them how you found strength according to their ability and desire to learn. Mentoring others is the best way to learn.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800  Have you heard of anyone working with the hindu goddess kali? I got those books you suggested( only halfway through magnus opus and desire so far) added alot of the energy exercises to my yoga/meditation pratices, also started adding in things from the desire trantra book which has really been resonating with me so far, as well as sprinkling in some psychedelics/canabis. Life started getting interesting pretty quick.  I have always loved hindu philosphy/yoga and such but I dont know thing about their whole pantheon of gods, the only two whose names I could've recalled was ganesh and shiva.

I decieded to smoke some strong canabis and then try some energy work after I was feeling pretty comfortable with it but I went into a energy overlord that was vastly more then I was able to store fast enough and totally overwhelmed me somewhere between obliteration and bliss it wasnt just my energy it felt infused with a some other element and I started mentally hearing Kali ma totally out of the blue and I had no clue what the hell it meant but it was a pretty personal and powerful, even afterwards scouring my mind the closest thing I could think of about kali  was rembering it chanted by a cult in a Indiana Jones film as a kid didnt know it was a hindu goddess until I googled it. Was fascinated but didnt think to much about it for a few days but I kept getting flood of little synchronicities.

On the weekend I decided to take some acid up camping in nature on a gorgeous day and shit got crazy. Im not even going to try to talk about that experience except that I came out the other end very devoted to a hindu goddess I barely knew jack anything about. And Ive been fairly obsessed with her since then but life is crackling alive and getting fairly psychedelic just as a baseline with constant synchronicity  so Im not going to question it really. Have you come across anything about her in your research or anyone who works with her? The information from the more mainstream  sources is pretty all over the place. Also curious if you have other good resources along the line of that tantra book you mentioned, I really resonate with that style. But damn you weren't joking about life getting strange, I'm  shell shocked still tbh haha   

Edited by enderx7

2 hours ago, enderx7 said:

@Matt8800  Have you heard of anyone working with the hindu goddess kali? I got those books you suggested( only halfway through magnus opus and desire so far) added alot of the energy exercises to my yoga/meditation pratices, also started adding in things from the desire trantra book which has really been resonating with me so far, as well as sprinkling in some psychedelics/canabis. Life started getting interesting pretty quick.  I have always loved hindu philosphy/yoga and such but I dont know thing about their whole pantheon of gods, the only two whose names I could've recalled was ganesh and shiva.

I decieded to smoke some strong canabis and then try some energy work after I was feeling pretty comfortable with it but I went into a energy overlord that was vastly more then I was able to store fast enough and totally overwhelmed me somewhere between obliteration and bliss it wasnt just my energy it felt infused with a some other element and I started mentally hearing Kali ma totally out of the blue and I had no clue what the hell it meant but it was a pretty personal and powerful, even afterwards scouring my mind the closest thing I could think of about kali  was rembering it chanted by a cult in a Indiana Jones film as a kid didnt know it was a hindu goddess until I googled it. Was fascinated but didnt think to much about it for a few days but I kept getting flood of little synchronicities.

On the weekend I decided to take some acid up camping in nature on a gorgeous day and shit got crazy. Im not even going to try to talk about that experience except that I came out the other end very devoted to a hindu goddess I barely knew jack anything about. And Ive been fairly obsessed with her since then but life is crackling alive and getting fairly psychedelic just as a baseline with constant synchronicity  so Im not going to question it really. Have you come across anything about her in your research or anyone who works with her? The information from the more mainstream  sources is pretty all over the place. Also curious if you have other good resources along the line of that tantra book you mentioned, I really resonate with that style. But damn you weren't joking about life getting strange, I'm  shell shocked still tbh haha   

@enderx7 Yes, Kali is similar to in many ways to Hecate, who called to me. I think Kali can be used to greatly empower witchcraft and sorcery also. You might consider looking up some Kali evocation rituals to call her down to you more directly. I like to combine that with some psychedelics to turn up the volume. If she is reaching out to you, she is most likely going to show up. Be prepared lol. Say a prayer to her beforehand and tell her that you want to get to know her and thank her for calling you. Kali could become an important "evolutionary mentor" to you (term Hecate used to me). "Dark" goddesses can be both fierce and incredibly tender and loving at the same time.

I would look up a standard witchcraft banishing ritual ahead of time to clear the area of troublesome spirits or energies.

Would love to hear how that goes :)

Once you start understanding some of the basics that you are now reading, I would suggest Sorcerer's Secrets by Jason Miller. Great book. There is also a banishing ritual in there that I use. He also has a Strategic Sorcery course on strategicsorcery.com which I would highly recommend. Its only $150 but you will learn a TON. History will remember Jason Miller as a powerful sorcerer and great teacher imo. He's also a all around great guy.

Might also want to learn some basic witchcraft philosophy and techniques also.

Its shocking when you first find out that your magick actually works lol

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 Ill have to try working in the banishing ritual and see if it adds anything, although its hard to imagine a ill meaning entity to having the stones to get near anything to do with Kali, she is rather ferocious and wild as well as loving. Probably wont have time to explore evocation rituals until after next week as I'll be out of town with family but that sounds exciting albeit a little intimidating, definitely will want proper space for that if it turns out anything like last weekend, as being in contact with that energy soaks you in it for a while , I'm still more wild and voracious then usual. It already feels like the volume of life is turned way up in just normal day to day and I'm just having a blast seeing where this goes. Thanks for helping me find all this information Ill have to check out Jason millers stuff to after I'm through what I have.

48 minutes ago, enderx7 said:

@Matt8800 Ill have to try working in the banishing ritual and see if it adds anything, although its hard to imagine a ill meaning entity to having the stones to get near anything to do with Kali, she is rather ferocious and wild as well as loving. Probably wont have time to explore evocation rituals until after next week as I'll be out of town with family but that sounds exciting albeit a little intimidating, definitely will want proper space for that if it turns out anything like last weekend, as being in contact with that energy soaks you in it for a while , I'm still more wild and voracious then usual. It already feels like the volume of life is turned way up in just normal day to day and I'm just having a blast seeing where this goes. Thanks for helping me find all this information Ill have to check out Jason millers stuff to after I'm through what I have.

@enderx7 Just know that Kali will not do anything that is not in your best interest. If you feel some fear, she will probably be very gentle. If someone is in deep grief, she might comfort. If someone is disrespectful, she might instill fear. 

I like to do a banishing ritual before any working as a precaution but I agree that it seems unlikely a spirit would cross her purposes. Spirits are like people though - some are stupid :)

Just be respectful and grateful and you will have a beautiful experience. I would also suggest asking her any questions you want to know prior to the ritual, such as why does she want to help you, what does she want from you, etc. Im not as familiar with Kali but Hecate told me that she respects my sovereignty and I can make my own decisions. She is just there for my evolution and boundaries are respected. She would not respect me groveling in the dirt like a worm.

Religion treats the god/devotee relationship like a small child/disciplinarian parent. This is more like a fully autonomous adult child that is seeking wisdom and guidance from a wise and powerful parent that can sometimes choose to grant requests.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 I absolutely believe she only has my best interest at heart but she is not the gentle sort haha very loving but in a ferocious manner. But I feel like she is perfect for me there no chance of being disconnected and hiding behind cleverness she demands passion because surrender is not optional as she may devour you at any moment and recreate you the next, the ego has no safety around a presence like that. All her demands are to live in passion and from your highest potential its a very intense almost primal dance but I want more, while that seems more forceful she knew we were a good match before she came knocking I feel. 

@Matt8800 do you have any experience with the magick of the lesser or greater key of solomon, or enochian magick? 

I guess I had quite a few questions if so, one to start is do you feel that enochian angels are completely different than solomonic angels or planetary angels from other medieval grimoires? Do you see parallels between certain beings in different traditions, or do you think each traditions' paradigm is kind of separate in some way?

Edited by CMacD

@Matt8800 Pretty hardcore but yes I'll give it a try and I will look into that book.  Thanks :)

@Matt8800 Just dropping in to say that this thread is just beautiful. I keep getting a lot of very helpful info, books and great advice from reading it. I appreciate the effort you put into this. Thanks :)

8 hours ago, CMacD said:

@Matt8800 do you have any experience with the magick of the lesser or greater key of solomon, or enochian magick? 

I guess I had quite a few questions if so, one to start is do you feel that enochian angels are completely different than solomonic angels or planetary angels from other medieval grimoires? Do you see parallels between certain beings in different traditions, or do you think each traditions' paradigm is kind of separate in some way?

@CMacD Im somewhat familiar but have never been drawn to it. I started out with an interest in ceremonial magick, which is what enochian is, and ended up more focused on witchcraft and sorcery (very similar to witchcraft).

There definitely is some parallels between some of the deities and spirits in different traditions. For example, Hecate is very similar to Isis and Kali. Hermes is said to be the same as Thoth. Others say that while they are similar, there are important differences and they are not the same. Its hard to know which is true but its hard to know what they are at all.

1 hour ago, Mulky said:

@Matt8800 Pretty hardcore but yes I'll give it a try and I will look into that book.  Thanks :)

@mulky I know its hardcore, especially because it is so foreign to you. It is because it is so foreign that it is so important imo. Search yourself as to why you have any aversions to it and really study that. Are you doing something "bad" or "evil"? Its important to not just feel comfortable with strength, but also with using that strength.

When you do it, pay close attention to see if it diminishes your capacity for love and beauty. I think you will find it wont at all...in fact I think you will find, to your surprise, that it increases it.

This is the kind of power that can help you defend the weak and teach them how to have their own power. That is a huge gift...both to them and you.

Edited by Matt8800

39 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

@Matt8800 Just dropping in to say that this thread is just beautiful. I keep getting a lot of very helpful info, books and great advice from reading it. I appreciate the effort you put into this. Thanks :)

@Esoteric You're very welcome and thanks for your kind words!

I think you will find Jason Miller's stuff very helpful. I consider him the Ramana or Nisargadatta of the Occult path. The knowledge he shares is stuff that is usually kept very secret by the people that have the knowledge. 

He lived in Nepal for awhile with a Tibetan master where he studied tantric and buddhist sorcery (extremely powerful and hard to get knowledge about). He traveled throughout Europe to study old world witchcraft and spent time in New Orleans to study Hoodoo. 

Edited by Matt8800

https://youtu.be/18i-USqaLm0

What is the song referring to ?

High noon oh I'd sell my soul for water
Nine years worth of breaking my back
There's no sun in the shadow of the wizard
See how he glides why he's lighter than air
Oh I see his face

Where is your star?
Is it far, is it far, is it far?
When do we leave?
I believe, yes, I believe

In the heat and the rain
With the whips and chains
To see him fly
So many die
We built a tower of stone
With our flesh and bone
Just to see him fly
But don't know why
Now where do we go?

Hot wind moving fast across the desert
We feel that our time has arrived
The world spins while we put his dream together
A tower of stone to take him straight to the sky
Oh I see his face

Where is your star?
Is it far, is it far, far?
When do we leave?
Hey, I believe, I believe

In the heat and the rain
Just to see him fly
Too many die
With our flesh and bone
To see him fly
But we don't know why
Oh now where do we go?

All eyes see the figure of the wizard
As he climbs to the top of the world
No sound as he falls instead of rising
Time standing still then there's blood on the sand
Oh I see his face

Where was your star?
Was it far, was it far?
When did we leave?
We believed, we believed, we believed

In heat and rain
To see him fly
So many died
With our flesh and bone
To see him fly

But why
In all the rain
With all the chains
Did so many die
Just to see him fly
Look at my flesh and bone
Now look, look, look, look, look at his tower of stone
I see a rainbow rising
Look there on the horizon
And I'm coming home, I'm coming home, I'm coming home

Time is standing still
He give back my will
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Going home, I'm going home
My eyes are bleeding
And my heart is lead ahead
The place I've known
But it's not home

Take me back
He give me back my will
Oh, oh, oh, oh
My eyes are bleeding
The place I've known
But it's not home

Take me back
Take me back
Back to my home
Oh, oh, oh
Time's standing still

@Matt8800 Ok thanks again for all the detailed help Matt :) any other books you could recommend would also be useful, about developing strength etc. Also, do I ever take this predator stance with people who seem to be energy vampires, or is that just for the underlying energy.

Edited by Mulky
thought of more stuff

2 hours ago, ActualizedDavid said:

https://youtu.be/18i-USqaLm0

What is the song referring to ?

High noon oh I'd sell my soul for water
Nine years worth of breaking my back
There's no sun in the shadow of the wizard
See how he glides why he's lighter than air
Oh I see his face

Where is your star?
Is it far, is it far, is it far?
When do we leave?
I believe, yes, I believe

In the heat and the rain
To see him fly
So many die
With our flesh and bone
Just to see him fly
But don't know why
Now where do we go?

Hot wind moving fast across the desert
We feel that our time has arrived
The world spins while we put his dream together
A tower of stone to take him straight to the sky
Oh I see his face

Where is your star?
Is it far, is it far, far?
When do we leave?
Hey, I believe, I believe

In the heat and the rain
Just to see him fly
Too many die
With our flesh and bone
To see him fly
But we don't know why
Oh now where do we go?

All eyes see the figure of the wizard
As he climbs to the top of the world
No sound as he falls instead of rising
Time standing still then there's blood on the sand
Oh I see his face

Where was your star?
Was it far, was it far?
When did we leave?
We believed, we believed, we believed

In heat and rain
To see him fly
So many died
With our flesh and bone
To see him fly

But why
In all the rain
With all the chains
Did so many die
Just to see him fly
Look at my flesh and bone
Now look, look, look, look, look at his tower of stone
I see a rainbow rising
Look there on the horizon
And I'm coming home, I'm coming home, I'm coming home

Time is standing still
He give back my will
Oh, oh, oh, oh
My eyes are bleeding
The place I've known
But it's not home

Take me back
He give me back my will
Oh, oh, oh, oh
My eyes are bleeding
The place I've known
But it's not home

Take me back
Take me back
Back to my home
Oh, oh, oh
Time's standing still

Im terrible at interpreting poems and lyrics lol. Probably due to a touch of Aspergers. 

2 hours ago, Mulky said:

@Matt8800 Ok thanks again for all the detailed help Matt :) any other books you could recommend would also be useful, about developing strength etc. Also, do I ever take this predator stance with people who seem to be energy vampires, or is that just for the underlying energy.

@mulky Just on the inside. Your body posture would be normal but strong to show your sovereignty to them and yourself (standing up straight, head held up, shoulders back, looking them in the eye, etc). 

Im wondering if you have an underlying fear of asserting yourself to enforce your boundaries. If so, this will have to eventually be confronted and transcended. Might as well master it in this lifetime rather than a future lifetime :)

Might be a good idea to consult your spirit guide. To do that, first tell your spirit guide that you are seeking guidance about whether you need to confront a fear of asserting yourself and how you should start working on this. Then do the concentration meditation that starts the inner strength meditation. When you get in that concentrated spot where you can feel a shift, lock yourself into that spot. Without having specific thoughts to disrupt your state, allow your mind to very subtly bring the issue into your awareness. Just allow yourself to sink deep in that space through controlled, slow and deep breathing with the diaphragm.

If you have some experience with psychedelics, combining them with concentration method and spirit guide communication is powerful and extremely effective. Even a half dose works very well.

If you do that, you may get a clear message. You can usually tell it is legit, and not a projection of the ego, if you dont get feelings of grandiosity and you get a message that you have work to do that you might have normally rather avoided or was unaware of. 

When you master something that was previously a weakness, it can become an unusually powerful strength because you had to fight for it. Then you can help others master similar issues that struggle the same way. Then you will see them help others and so on, and so on, etc. Then they forever impact their children, their friends, their mates, etc. The long term benefits to yourself and others are hard to fully comprehend. 

Regarding another book, I LOVE The Way of Grace by Miranda Macphearson. I think she is absolutely brilliant and exemplifies a feminine but powerful and wise woman. It is a valuable book I recommend a lot.

Edited by Matt8800