Matt8800

Ask an Occultist (divination,talking to spirits, siddhis, etc)

604 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

Every time I post something about the Occult, I get personal messages of people asking for resources to know more, how to talk to spirits, how to manipulate physical reality according to your will, psychic powers, astral projection, etc.

I know quite a bit about witchcraft, chaos magick, Wicca, etc. I also have put a lot of thought into what constitutes "black magick" and "white magick".

Ive created spirits that serve my purposes that have shown themselves to me and others and have moved physical objects. Im projected myself into my fiances room 30 miles away and whispered into her ear (she is a clairvoyant that has projected herself into my room also). She told me that she felt me in her room and told me exactly what I said. I could go on and on about what I have experienced that would make me sound like a lunatic. My point is that the occult is very legit.

Its a path that turns someone from a human with a spiritual experience to a spiritual being with a human experience. That statement makes a lot more sense when you start operating on the spiritual realm a lot more with effective power.

Many people that have studied eastern traditions reject the occult because they reject the physical realm as unspiritual and think developing  power is egoic. This is especially weird when people kiss the ass of gurus that wield occult powers yet adamantly reject these same powers for themselves. Somehow people assume that you must be weak and live in poverty to be spiritual.

I think that is an unhealthy relationship to power and reeks of inferiority and unworthiness. The occult, trantric, taoist and kabbalist philosophy is that all realms are divine and we should master them all on the path of our eternal evolution. They recognize non-duality without the rejection of duality.

A good example of why power is needed, and shouldnt be rejected, is Ghandi. He was motivated by love but effective because he had personal/internal power. Love without power is impotent. Power without love is evil.

Power is like a hammer. You can build a house for the homeless or you can kill somebody. Ultimately, power manifests ones values into the world. If your values are love, beauty and truth, the world is better for your power. The Gita says its not what you do, but why you do it. Gaining power is not the problem. Its why do you do it.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer :)

It is not worth it. When you are on your deathbed, you will know why. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Matt8800 I have some questions for ya:

1) Were you born with paranormal abilities? Did you have them from a very early age? If not, how did you develop them?

2) Do you believe that everyone can develop them? How do you account for the fact that most people have no paranormal experiences while paranormally gifted folks do?

3) How do you understand the relationship between awakening and the paranormal. Clearly one can have one without the other. But also, how are they related?

4) Why are some people so much more paranormally gifted than others?

5) What is your understanding of psychic healing? How does it work? What makes it work? Is it not always 100% effective?

6) List which paranormal abilities you've been able to personally validate and which ones not.

@Leo Gura

1. Yes, but my abilities were that of a mystic, which is different than a clairvoyant or psychic. Mystics tend to merge their essence naturally with the divine. They get far more information/knowledge/insight but is usually pretty deep so it takes a bit for them to unpack it. Mystics are considered to be deep reservoirs of spiritual energy, which is why dark spirits tend to leave them alone. If spirits harass anyone, its usually the clairvoyants/psychics. I had a knowing as a child that spirits would not want to mess with me without understanding why I knew that. I did have an experience twice about 30 years ago where I woke up and saw a brilliant light in the room and felt like I started floating above the bed, which scared the shit out of me at the time. Clairvoyants talk to many diverse spirits while mystics tend to only communicate with the divine or a direct messenger of the divine. Psychics see; mystics know and command. You are also a classic mystic IMO.

2. I think everyone can develop their natural abilities much further than they currently are. The question is what are ones natural abilities? My fiance is a gifted clairvoyant. She can see spirits, channel them and speak with them but there is not nearly the sizzle and crackle in the air when she calls the divine into the room like when I do it. Spirits tend to do as I tell them but they might test her a lot more. With that said, I try to develop the areas that I am naturally weak as much as I can. My favorite books on that are by Ivo Domingues called Keys to Perception and the Magnus Opus by John Kreiter.

3. Many people that are highly awakened are mystics. Since they dont have the psychic sight talent, the spiritual world, along with all its possibilities and potentials is not as obvious. When a mystic steps into that realm however, they can usually summon massive amounts of spiritual power. The REAL power is making ones way through acceptance and finally making it to complete surrender to the divine. Once this happens, the divine may give the mystic authority to speak and command in the divine's name (I call the divine Adonai because I like how the Jews "conceptualize" God, which is actually no concept). The power that one has when this happens is ineffable. If the divine has not explicitly granted the authority, the Mystic can request this authority is granted to manifest the divine will he is surrendered to. Of course, he is responsible for how he uses that power but the mystic is expected to discern himself how to use it on his path of evolution. I think that this seems to be fairly uncommon because one weakness of the Occult path is the lack of attention to total acceptance and total surrender to the divine. Yogis typically get stuck on the being side of the paradox and occultists generally get stuck on the doing side of the paradox, which hinders that shift to surrender for the occultist. I believe this paradox should be resolved without leaving either out.

4. Great question...Im also curious as to why some are mystics and others are psychics.

5. My healing abilities have been getting quite a bit stronger but when i was granted the authority to speak and command in the divine's name, that was a game changer. Im still exploring this but the first time I used it, my fiance had a back that has been in extreme pain for years. I started rubbing her back muscles and in my head, said "I command the muscles to release and be healed in the name of Adonai". As the word Adonai entered my head, a massive surge of energy came into my body, shot down my arms and hands into her back. Even though I was silent, she immediately yelled from the shock of energy and jumped up. She was totally healed in a way that was FAR beyond my previous abilities could even come close to. I experimented with it and found that if I say it out loud, it is even more powerful. This ability is something I am still experimenting with to see how far it can go. I also created a servitor and used the same authority/command and the spirit showed up and requested to speak directly to me through my fiances body as a medium. This spirit was far more real and powerful than the two other spirits I made without using that method.

6. I have projected myself 30 miles away into my fiances bedroom and whispered into her ear. I didnt say anything to her but she told me the next day she felt me in her room and told me what I said. The healing abilities at this level are new and Im just familiarizing myself with it. Ive been shown deep insights where I had complete knowledge about very complex subjects but this is common for mystics and you have also experienced this. Whether it is a spirit guide or the divine, its spoken to me telepathically but that is also common for mystics. I created a servitor/spirit and infused it into an object. I started talking to it and "charging it" and the object started moving on its own (very shocking). It did the same for my fiance. Ive summoned spirits that spoke through my fiance several times. I just started shifting my attention to the occult a year ago. Its been a pretty crazy but extremely interesting ride. Im sure it will get crazier and even more interesting as the years go by :)

Edited by Matt8800

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

@Matt8800 Are places charged inherently, or charged by people's past there or both? 

A lot of the witchcraft resources I'm finding aren't very serious about the nonduality, self purification, moving beyond ego, and I worry about distracting myself, but maybe I'm being a snob about it. I was raised as a Christian and although I inherently knew the holy spirit was the same thing as what I was feeling from nature, I still had a lot of fear taught to me about spirits being evil. I go out in the full moon but I tell myself it's a "fear setting" practice. Magic and nature are one in my eyes. I just don't feel like I need to do much with what already is, I'm afraid of anything that will grow my ego but the more I learn and experience the more I realize that this awakening stuff is most definitely NOT what I think it is. 

@mandyjw Yes, many people in the occult tend to ignore the dissolution of the ego, which is why I think it tends to be an incomplete path. Conversely, most sects of Yoga and Buddhism reject the physical realm, along with much of its beauty. Many live their lives as if they are simply waiting to die so they can move on and call that extreme ambivalence enlightenment. I think that is an incomplete path also.

Study both of them and follow a complete path :)

Spirits are like people. Some are bad, some are good and some are indifferent. I grew up as a Christian also and had aversion towards the occult for the exact same reasons. It is simply indoctrination that can severely limit you. Witchcraft/The occult is simply a tool to increase your personal power, further develop your spirituality and put the power into your hands so you can use it according to your values. How you use it makes it "good" or "bad". This world needs more good people that also have power.

Religion is about limiting its members' power so that the religious leaders can exert all the power. Study how the Christians burned and tortured all the witches and you might start feeling that Christianity is more evil than you thought. Of course, they would call witches evil - you cant round up woman and burn them alive and torture them in horrific ways unless you can think of a way to take away the population's empathy for them.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 Thanks for the details responses.

Do you have any sense of whether it's possible to materialize a physical object through pure Will? Like a marble or a coin? And what is it that prevents this?

I'm still trying to figure out the precise connection between Will and physical manifestation. I know that God's Will manifests all of physical reality, but I'm not clear why I don't have access to change it, since I am God -- what prevents this access?

Any insights on that?

And have you had any experience tapping into and shifting collective consciousness? Like the consciousness of the entire human species? Healing the species as a whole, for example.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Is the occult-based off the yoga siddhis? If so do you believe doing Kriya Yoga is enough to develop psychic abilities?

What books would you recommend us on the topics of developing psychic abilities?

My religion teache me about the existence of these spirits instead:)

Introducing me to the bad and the good.

With complete guidance. 

Edited by Angelite

@Matt8800 Thanks for the details responses.

Do you have any sense of whether it's possible to materialize a physical object through pure Will? Like a marble or a coin? And what is it that prevents this?

I'm still trying to figure out the precise connection between Will and physical manifestation. I know that God's Will manifests all of physical reality, but I'm not clear why I don't have access to change it, since I am God -- what prevents this access?

Any insights on that?

And have you had any experience tapping into and shifting collective consciousness? Like the consciousness of the entire human species? Healing the species as a whole, for example.

I have never seen or reliably heard of anyone manifesting a physical object out of pure will but i certainly wouldnt say it was impossible. It just means that it might take a more evolutionarily advanced consciousness/being than just the most advanced ape on one planet.

Affecting the material world via magick is usually done with creating what is normally called a thought-form that is charged with a certain intention. I conceptualize it like a ball of energy that contains information that exists on the astral realm. One of the principals of Hermeticsim is correspondence - "As above, so below". While it seems like any effect would be causeless empirically, the "cause" is the ball of information/energy on the astral realm that influences the probable and possible futures. Many people bring in Chaos Theory as a way to try to describe what they believe is the mechanism.

This is why people can do stuff like heal cancer through visualization. The visualization is your direct connection to the astral realm and manifesting magick.

When people astrally project, they start off visualizing. It is literally nothing more than imagination. Then, things start to take a life of its own that is increasingly beyond your imagination. With practice, many people claim that it becomes more real than real. You start interacting with beings that act on their own autonomy completely. The further I go into this, the more I ask what is real. I think it makes more sense when I remember the real self is not physical anyway.

This is why all energy working traditions use visualization. The breath builds the power through gathering chi. You infuse the energy with your intent. You release the intention charged energy onto the astral realm with your visualization. If the energy is strong enough and is infused with the right intention, it effects physical reality due to correspondences resolving between the realms.

According to occult philosophy, you are God but you are also simultaneously an individuated conscious entity that is evolving for eternity. Non-duality doesn't mean that duality discontinues its manifestation. When that individuated awareness is no longer focusing its awareness through a human body (physical death), than it focuses its awareness somewhere else beyond the human body. The subjective experience continues unbroken. The individuated being continues to get closer to merging with the One but never quite does fully imo. Kind of like dividing distance in half for eternity. 

Regarding manifesting as God-  when I created a spirit (albeit, in God's name) and then it showed up saying he really wanted to talk to me through my fiance's body, isnt that god-like in many ways? It doesnt make me more of a god than anyone else. We are all sparks of god in duality and can create in duality. It just means that Ive studied and practiced the Occult so I know how to manifest my god-like abilities whereas many others never know how (or care).

I have shifted through many layers of consciousness but have not been conscious that I was tapping into the collective consciousness. But that just may mean that its not there. I suspect a clairvoyant might be better at that but not sure. I did combine weed, a half tab of lsd and mdma at a concert in a sold out massive stadium once and I swear I totally tapped into collective consciousness at that time. That feeling was so far beyond what ive ever experienced, its hard for me to remember what it felt like.

Edited by Matt8800

1 hour ago, herghly said:

Is the occult-based off the yoga siddhis? If so do you believe doing Kriya Yoga is enough to develop psychic abilities?

What books would you recommend us on the topics of developing psychic abilities?

Different traditions vary but they all involve certain visualizations, breathwork and intention. Kriya yoga will be enough for a couple of the siddhis your guru has developed IF you have all those three and he will teach you those three. Most gurus are not going to teach their powers to their devotees though. Otherwise, why would they need the guru :)

I would say that Yoga is not really designed to maximize the full array of powers of some of the other traditions like Taoism, the occult, chi-gung, Cha-an and kaballah (practical).

For books, I would recommend Magnus Opus by John Kreiter and Keys of Perception by Ivo Domingues Jr

I told one guy that DM'd me those books and he messaged me back that he thought they werent interesting lol.

I wont promise interesting books but I will promise that if you have any natural abilities at all, those books are the ones you want to develop them.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 Thanks for the info man. I'll look into the books. I was about to search for some anyway. You showed up at the right time.
How long have you been doing this ?

Also what are your thoughts on creating/disolving a tulpa
Does that seem unethical in some manner, to create a life form, than kill it off.
Its a thought form, a simple program but regardless of it, it still has some sophisticated consciousness.

Edited by Yog

@Matt8800 you are a spirit too. But when you ask for the 'servants' to help you, it will create attachement. You will have a hard time dying. (Physical death). They won't allow you to go as easily. 

With every one truth that they say to you, 100 lies will be added to it. 

Usually the one that manifest into our reality is not a good one. The good one will not bother you. When you ask for one, you already become their servant. 

Edited by Angelite

@Matt8800 know that God's Will manifests all of physical reality, but I'm not clear why I don't have access to change it, since I am God -- what prevents this access?

Any insights on that?

@Leo Gura How You are not getting this. List your heart desires. Pure Selfless desires. It will not Come immeditelly. Good for ALL, remember. Reality Will reconfigure by time because it has to take into account desires of "other" ONES.

Love ya hope it helps. 

@Leo GuraYou are dealing with Pure Perfection and totality. You are not separated from Universal Mind right now, You are it only problem is that subtle limiting beleifs That You have.

This stuff is Tricky and very deep. 

Try it test it and see for yourself. You have nothing to lose. 

OK. I apologize anyway. 

What is white magic and black magic and where goes the line between the two? 

Heard that sorcery is just just mental and spiritual faculties applied for selfish manner. This definition is of course different from community to community, what is your definition? 

Anyway, how does one know if someone has an entity attachment? 

I had a dubious and unlawful hobby many years back. When i decided to quit and held that decision for many months. A  Liqueur like black astral goo ejected out of my liver and went through the wall opposite of the room. Thats why I believe in this sort of stuff cause I have seen it. 

And, like a moth attracts to a lamp. We spiritual people sometimes attract negative demonic entities toward ourself. Maybe the universe wants balance of dark and light? How does one identify these beings? If I know they are present, how do I get rid of them? Banishing ritual? Personal shadow work and it will dissappear by itself? I'm talking about entities that have gone past the human experience into higher dimension but choose a negative path. 

Back in the days occultism was synonym with esotericism. Clearly the definition has changed and has a negative connotation to it. 

Did you yourself activate your powers or did someone else for you? 

About the mystic/psychic:

Psychic is the passive instrument of foreign influences, the mystic actively controls himself and all inferior potencies. They are the opposites of the same pole. Do you agree? 

Edit: never mind the entities, how do I get more powerful? Any advice or something to read? 

Edited by Wlangr

"The Universe is Mental--held in the Mind of THE ALL."

--The Kybalion.

2 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

I would say that Yoga is not really designed to maximize the full array of powers of some of the other traditions like Taoism, the occult, chi-gung, Cha-an and kaballah (practical).

Interesting. What about the yoga sutras? Yoga seems to have a long history of powers. 

From the traditions you mentioned which would you recommend us to study? I might begin with Taoism.

@Matt8800 What are some common hints people with undeveloped paranormal abilities get, to develop them?

8 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

@mandyjw Yes, many people in the occult tend to ignore the dissolution of the ego, which is why I think it tends to be an incomplete path. Conversely, most sects of Yoga and Buddhism reject the physical realm, along with much of its beauty. Many live their lives as if they are simply waiting to die so they can move on and call that extreme ambivalence enlightenment. I think that is an incomplete path also.

Study both of them and follow a complete path :)

Spirits are like people. Some are bad, some are good and some are indifferent. I grew up as a Christian also and had aversion towards the occult for the exact same reasons. It is simply indoctrination that can severely limit you. Witchcraft/The occult is simply a tool to increase your personal power, further develop your spirituality and put the power into your hands so you can use it according to your values. How you use it makes it "good" or "bad". This world needs more good people that also have power.

Religion is about limiting its members' power so that the religious leaders can exert all the power. Study how the Christians burned and tortured all the witches and you might start feeling that Christianity is more evil than you thought. Of course, they would call witches evil - you cant round up woman and burn them alive and torture them in horrific ways unless you can think of a way to take away the population's empathy for them.

Hmm.. you've really got me thinking. I'm very aware of the evils of Christianity, being on the receiving end of them has been a family tradition. Could my resistance be remnants of my moralizing ego? The church has always been terrified of feminine spiritual energy, they believe it's of the devil. The snake spoke to Eve, meaning woman is inherently filled with kundalini energy. Then as you've noticed, Buddhism carries on the tradition of honoring the masculine in its own way. Is witchcraft and the occult the only modern path that empowers feminine spiritual power? There are a bunch of things clicking into place now. It's almost hilarious and a bit unsettling. I saw through this defense during my awakening but I put my old beliefs back in place to keep myself safe.

Thank you. 

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Matt8800 

Tada! I found this really old red marble at that spot at the river last week. In my limited experience you should be very general towards your desires and intentions and allow the universe to surprise you. You probably wouldn't want a girlfriend who demanded exactly what she wanted for a gift, you'd want her to be thrilled with whatever you got her. The Universe is the same way. There are times when you have to be specific but that would happen out of necessity and not just to please your whims or in testing of the universe, that is unless you desperately needed a sign. The key practice is to start to notice and appreciate all the little Easter eggs the Universal Easter Bunny has left for you to find in life. This is the same way as how the law of attraction works. @Matt8800 Am I on the right track here? Is it possible to become much more specific without letting ego take the reigns? 

redmarble.jpg

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Matt8800 You said somewhere (I'm paraphrasing) that you are asking the absolute to speak/act on its behalf and it grants you the authority to, let's say - do the miracles. In my personal experience with siddhis that are confirmed by what I have read on the subject, these requests have to come from a non-egoic place and are, hmm... synonymous? with ego death.

My question is: how do you prevent this personal relationship with the Absolute from forming into spiritual megalomania?
Traditionally, it is done by the practice of devotion to a guru, or at least the recognition of superiority of another magician, like, let's say - Jesus if you are a Christian. Do you practice such a thing?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2