Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GrowthPilgrim

Any experience with water-only fasting?

11 posts in this topic

I did several water-only fasts (WOF) over the last years. For health reasons, mainly. My longest was 7 days. However, on 28th of August I will attempt a 10-day WOF. Does someone have experience with fasts this long? I took a blood test upfront to ensure that I am ready for this. For my previous fasts I never took any supplements. But I am still not sure whether to supplement sodium potassium and magnesium this time. 

I've seen good people achieve good results in doing these. Only thing with longer ones would be maybe some form of supervision would be recommended. Your body can handle quite a bit though. Could do a 30 day if you made it, but that is definitely more recommended for super vision. 

3 hours ago, GrowthPilgrim said:

I took a blood test upfront to ensure that I am ready for this. 

Out of interest what blood tests were checked and how does it indicate you are ready? 

On 19/08/2019 at 10:55 PM, Bill W said:

Out of interest what blood tests were checked and how does it indicate you are ready? 

They measured about 20 markers including electrolytes. It does of course not necessarily indicate that I am "ready". But having totally healthy results at least shows me that I am not "not ready", if you know what I mean.  

Yes true. And if you subsequently fell sick they would have your baseline/normal levels to refer back to

You can go as long as your belief system goes.

B R E A T H E

On 25/08/2019 at 9:00 AM, pluto said:

You can go as long as your belief system goes.

interesting.

8 hours ago, GrowthPilgrim said:

interesting.

Welcome to the Awakened Universe :)

B R E A T H E

might sound weird, but i'm pretty sure that tantra is essential to proper fasting

There is some concern that long term fasting starves and kills large portion of your gut microbiome, which is not a wise thing to do. It might be better alternative to fast on monofruits, or vegetable juices to ensure there is no damage there as recolonizing of a destructed microbiome takes years of systemic refeeding ...not few yogurts as some advocates of fasting think. 

So caution advised 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Today I successfully completed the fast. Refeeding went well. Electrolytes were not needed at all in my case. Of course, does not mean, that is it true for everyone