AlldayLoop

Anyone else here on the autism spectrum?

8 posts in this topic

Hey ya’ll! I’m 23 and I was diagnosed with Asperger’s in my teens. Just wanted to know if anyone else was in this community was diagnosed with it. If you are, and this journey feels a bit lonely for you, feel free to private message me ^_^ 

On 19.8.2019 at 6:54 PM, AlldayLoop said:

Hey ya’ll! I’m 23 and I was diagnosed with Asperger’s in my teens. Just wanted to know if anyone else was in this community was diagnosed with it. If you are, and this journey feels a bit lonely for you, feel free to private message me ^_^ 

I think if you change the topic headline to "people with social difficulties today/in childhood or with asperger/autism you will get more comments because people are afraid of rigid lables and don't want to identify themselves with autism if have mild cases. that might hide from this thread the truth.

I had social difficulties in school, especially elementary school.

A psychiatrists thought that I have asperger and last year A psychologist said he think I understand well social situations and maybe I have a very little of asperger maybe a borderline issue of asperger.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Probably

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

I was diagnosed with autism when I was around 12. I don't necessarily identify with the label so much. I see that certain symptoms do see to correspond, but I don't think that these symptoms as behavioural or mental traits are necessarily written in stone. Every thing that autism seems to hold one back from can be worked through. So please don't go around identifying yourself with your label and symptoms and then say: "this is how I am and this is how I always will be". This very assertion is in fact more likely to keep you down, as you identify with your condition and by doing so refuse to go past it. Do acknowledge however what is there in your current situation.

From a higher perspective, I think that autism are generally people who are more sensitive, and are generally more heavily affected by the negative impact of social conditioning by society (because they are more sensitive), and therefore have a stronger pain-body (Eckhart Tolle term) and more rigid, compulsive mind-patterns. I say this both from what I observe on others with autism and from my own experience.

This does not mean that autism, or its symptoms, are not necessarily a bad thing to have. Sure, they're bothersome in many ways, but for people who are more bothered by their own negativity and their own destructive mind-patterns, the more they tend to rise higher and higher than any "normal" person of society could when they do decide to awaken. Just like the same amount of gunpowder creates a much bigger explosion when its concealed in a strong metal enclosure, as opposed the same amount of gunpowder in a firecracker. Potentially a big and strong firecracker, but still not nearly as powerful as a grenade. However, the question is if the person is in fact able to gather enough energy to break through its enclosure. The more energy there is that is keeping you down, the more energy that is available once this blocking patterns are released and transformed into the energy of awakening.

Edited by Skanzi

I am using a new account named "Nightwise". In in fact intend to stop using this account from now on and use that account instead. So I am not planning on using these two account interchangeably or intermittently. Only "Nightwise" from now on. I am doing so merely because I like the username much more. For some reason, that feels to be important to me. 

I got diagnosed with autism about 3 months ago. I’m 19 right now 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

After my father died I found a report from a child psychology clinic I went to at 10 that recommended an Apergers' diagnosis. But I was never made aware of this before then, and had no idea what autism was until my mid 20s. A few years ago when I last saw a therapist, he had his supervisor sign off on a diagnosis of ASD for a bus pass application, the first official recognition. No record of it though, and I'm trying to get a formal diagnosis now at 30.

I would seem perfectly normal in an office setting, hence my fear that I won't get accurately diagnosed- and then able to qualify for resources under the guise of having the "disability." They don't see me trying to walk around in public places like stores and busy sidewalks, and talking to people organically (other than doctors/psychologists), the situations when my autism is most obvious.

On 8/25/2019 at 4:26 AM, Skanzi said:

I was diagnosed with autism when I was around 12. I don't necessarily identify with the label so much. I see that certain symptoms do see to correspond, but I don't think that these symptoms as behavioural or mental traits are necessarily written in stone. Every thing that autism seems to hold one back from can be worked through. So please don't go around identifying yourself with your label and symptoms and then say: "this is how I am and this is how I always will be". This very assertion is in fact more likely to keep you down, as you identify with your condition and by doing so refuse to go past it. Do acknowledge however what is there in your current situation.

From a higher perspective, I think that autism are generally people who are more sensitive, and are generally more heavily affected by the negative impact of social conditioning by society (because they are more sensitive), and therefore have a stronger pain-body (Eckhart Tolle term) and more rigid, compulsive mind-patterns. I say this both from what I observe on others with autism and from my own experience.

This does not mean that autism, or its symptoms, are not necessarily a bad thing to have. Sure, they're bothersome in many ways, but for people who are more bothered by their own negativity and their own destructive mind-patterns, the more they tend to rise higher and higher than any "normal" person of society could when they do decide to awaken. Just like the same amount of gunpowder creates a much bigger explosion when its concealed in a strong metal enclosure, as opposed the same amount of gunpowder in a firecracker. Potentially a big and strong firecracker, but still not nearly as powerful as a grenade. However, the question is if the person is in fact able to gather enough energy to break through its enclosure. The more energy there is that is keeping you down, the more energy that is available once this blocking patterns are released and transformed into the energy of awakening.

@Skanzi I agree with your perspective.

I'm 52. Self diagnosed in my forties.

When I was a child, Aspergers wasn't being diagnosed.

I had restless leg syndrome also and neither was it being diagnosed. If I had been diagnosed with Aspergers, it would have given me an excuse for not fitting in or being scapegoated at other times. If these difficulties had not been there, I would not have gone on the search.

I would have not dealt squarely with self hatred.

I would have never awakened from the cultural consensus trance or my own multiplicity. Being slightly autistic along with being slightly schizophrenic has forced me through fires that otherwise I never would have gone through. It all turned into one giant blessing.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn