Ibn Sina

How do I permeate every moment of my life with Non dual peace?

15 posts in this topic

I am torn about between working for for material success and the desire for the peace of spirituality.
I have to travel for 40 mins to go my college (from home, if I am not in hostel), have to make plans about what to study, have to study for hours, talk to friends, and in doing all these I get pushed away from the peace of Nonduality.
I am at home, relaxed, I can meditate, I am listening to J.Krishnamurti, I feel really nondual,. But the problem is , I also have to work hard  to for my future to make money, and the byproduct is I start to get all kinds of emotions like, desire to succeed, feeling bad for not succeeding, jealousy of other people succeeding , tensions, feeling pressure, wondering about whether I will ever amount to anything in life, comparing myself to others. I also feel very empty, I have already had many highs of success in the past, goal achievements in the past, happiness because of getting what I wanted etc, but still it's  the past, and it's gone, I have worked hard in the past and have  become happy due to goal achievements but still they amount to nothing in my present. These emotions go away when I again get steeped in spirituality like listening to JK or meditating, but the problem is I don't have time to do them all the time, and  whenever I go into the dual mode, all these emotions causing suffering start to surface, I morph into a neurotic person, it's like my personality changes.
I want to have a non dual peace no matter what I do, whether I am commuting for work, whether I am preparing for an exam, or talking with friends, I want that peace which I get when I take a break  from them all and get steeped in spirituality.
Sometimes I wander, if the spiritual gurus like sadhguru, krishnamurti, osho had to do a 9 to 5 job, would they still have their nondual peace with them? When they are not giving poetic discourses about spirituality but doing very dual things, like talking with friends (which gets toxic real quick as there is comparisions, teasings,, ego battles etc) , worrying about relationships , status in the herd, worrying about failing in exam , what their parents or relatives would say etc.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

Even the most enlightened master still has to find a way to secure an income in this society, to drive his survival. Many of the guys on this forum who are highly evolved still hold jobs in major or smaller orange corporations. There is a spiritual development and a personal development. Both need to be alligned as one without the other creates an imbalance. 

In an ideal world you would be making a contribution to the world through a conscious effort and love while being  spiritually evolved yourself. But to get there one needs to go through materialism, achievement and success to savour it all and realise the limitations of it. There is nothing wrong about desire for success and money as long as you see that this desire stems from the part of you that has not yet evolved higher on the spiral and that's ok. Perhaps there is also the factor of fear of poverty and failure....we all have that. It's all a part of the journey :)  Whatever happens is ok just don't let it stop you in your tracks

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

4 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

It's all part of the journey :) Whatever happens is ok just don't let it stop you in your tracks

This! 

One thing I would add is: Tune into yourself when you feel aligned with your consciousness, and ask yourself: what is it that I truly want? If you could choose to do anything, and not include all the worries about that not being enough to make a living, what would you choose? How would you express yourself as a vessel for God's love, beauty and creativity? Don't think about survival first, think about passion first. You're smart enough to figure out that to make your passion your job, you might have to work through jobs first that you don't love. And that is okay. But ultimately, making a living and being realized can go hand in hand. For me, this is the path of creative expression / art. It's part of my spiritual path. Everything is. Be creative and know that you can create the life you want to live! ??

It sounds like you're trying to use "non-dual peace" as a form of spiritual bypass (check it out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_bypass.) You crave the calmness and peace you feel when meditating, listening to spiritual lectures, etc. only because the rest of your life causes you so much stress. .

If you want to truly feel at peace at all times, you're going to have to really shift your life so that you can maximise your ability to Self-Actualise and come into contact with God / Infinite Consciousness / Universal Love. This is why Self-Mastery and Life Purpose are so important - you need to work hard at setting up the foundations of your life before you even think about coming into the states of consciousness that will allow you to feel that sort of endless calm / security.

Look up Leo's stuff on Life Purpose and discovering your values. Don't get reckless with your education, but at the same time don't tell yourself your locked into whatever trajectory you're on now just because "I might as well stick with it." You can get very smart about your direction in life, if you know what you're doing, and you can find all sorts of amazing careers / courses / hobbies / motivations that fulfil you and meet your survival needs whilst also allowing you to Self-Actualise and bring consciousness into the world.

Edited by Apparition of Jack

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@Ibn Sina NONDUAL peace in every moment of your life happens when you absolutely let go and thus absolutely accept the circumstance. 

you must understand what it is you're asking for here.

this would mean being in total peace while your house just burned down.

in other words, you absolutely dis-identify with circumstance of life happening to a 'you'

and come to the knowing that you are not OF this world, but are OUT of this world and are only looking IN. 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

A wise man once told me that peace that can be lost is not peace worth pursuing. 

Start by letting go of the need to feel peacefull all the time, and counterintuitively you just might find something... 

Thanx guys for your responses.

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

@Ibn Sina one of the simplest yet most effective things that can trigger mindfulness in you is breath. 

From now on, when ever you become aware of your breath, you will become nondual. :)

And also watch leo's video Actuality. Even once more if you've seen it once. Being ACTUAL is like mindfulness but in a higher level of awareness.

Realize that reality is actuality not subjective mind and objective world. 

Edited by Pouya

5 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

Dude! Your responses continue to be invaluable to me. Thank you for your contributions here. ?

:$

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

16 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Even the most enlightened master still has to find a way to secure an income in this society, to drive his survival. Many of the guys on this forum who are highly evolved still hold jobs in major or smaller orange corporations. There is a spiritual development and a personal development. Both need to be alligned as one without the other creates an imbalance. 

In an ideal world you would be making a contribution to the world through a conscious effort and love while being  spiritually evolved yourself. But to get there one needs to go through materialism, achievement and success to savour it all and realise the limitations of it. There is nothing wrong about desire for success and money as long as you see that this desire stems from the part of you that has not yet evolved higher on the spiral and that's ok. Perhaps there is also the factor of fear of poverty and failure....we all have that. It's all a part of the journey :)  Whatever happens is ok just don't let it stop you in your tracks

Well said!

I could be completely wrong, so take my statements with a grain of salt.

Each one of those states you describe are contradictory (counters to each other) however realize the path you're on is one of growth, you must build the foundation first, which is success and or stability, once you have met your basic needs (refer to Maslow's hierarchy of needs) you will be in a position where it's much easier to reach the state of peace. 

Keep in mind this is not necessary, but it's a process which eases the path. The less you are worried about paying bills, eating, etc. The more you can focus on the inner peace and happiness you desire.

furthermore if you wish to embody non dual peace it's crucial to accept every moment as okay and understand that all problems are not only relative to your own position, but actually not true at all. But this is not easy to do, as you will continuously want to create problems to solve, as that's what the mind is great at.

keep in mind this process involves weeding out that which is not helpful to the current stage of development you are in and redirecting that wasted energy to something more positive and fulfilling for you, once you have reached a place that brings you joy and your passion shines through, you will be in a position to embody and radiate this to others around you.

One step at a time, there's no rush.

Edited by Omni

psychedelic every morning + weed 

You can also focus on the fact of being already dead.

what is dead may never die.

End of bullshit story.

Edited by Aeris