Meditationdude

No advanced growth possible without psychedelics

122 posts in this topic

The paradoxical nature of reality though is that you can become so conscious that you come full circle and realize you were perfect anyway.

Yet you can and should still grow.  Yet you were still perfect.  It's both, its either, and its neither.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Phoenixx The point of human life is become more conscious of what you are and what reality is.

This requires raising awareness of oneself through self-reflection, contemplation, inquiry, meditation, disciplined practices, etc.

I really doubt that individual beings possess the awareness to understand everything that exists. We are conditioned by our limitations and there are things that mind cannot grasp since we aren't omnipotent and omnipresent. Although I love the idea that reality is highly subjective and relative, we cannot subtract ourselves from the objective reality and remove the limitations that define us. It seems to me that this whole "mind over matter" theory ignores the fact that everything is interconnected and has its own purpose.

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

@Phoenixx when God divides itself it divides itself into splinters.  Slices of a giant pie.  Some are bigger pieces than others.  Some slices are big enough to become aware that they are the whole pie.  Other slices are just slices.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

25 minutes ago, Phoenixx said:

We are conditioned by our limitations and there are things that mind cannot grasp since we aren't omnipotent and omnipresent.

You are God. You are omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.

It would help if you stopped telling yourself otherwise. Since you are God, whatever you imagine becomes true. So if you imagine you're a limited human, that's precisely what you create.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura 

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are God. You are omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.

It would help if you stopped telling yourself otherwise. Since you are God, whatever you imagine becomes true. So if you imagine you're a limited human, that's precisely what you create.

If he is doubting himself that is one thing.  But you can't deny that certain donkeys will remain donkeys no matter how many times you press their face to the mirror.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

But you can't deny that certain donkeys will remain donkeys no matter how many times you press their face to the mirror.

A horse is a horse, of course, of course.

13 hours ago, Phoenixx said:

IMO, drugs don't reveal you things that you don't know, maybe you might notice things you didn't pay attention to before. I took LSD two times and every time I felt like a lab rat because I'm a hardcore determinist. Someone who's thinking about love and harmony, might feel like everything is love and harmony. In the end, the experience is highly subjective, just like reality and personal beliefs. So which truth do you want to know?

Two trips is not enough. You've got much to learn. Try 20-30 then we'll talk. 

14 hours ago, Phoenixx said:

IMO, drugs don't reveal you things that you don't know, maybe you might notice things you didn't pay attention to before. I took LSD two times and every time I felt like a lab rat because I'm a hardcore determinist. Someone who's thinking about love and harmony, might feel like everything is love and harmony. In the end, the experience is highly subjective, just like reality and personal beliefs. So which truth do you want to know?

That’s like an American saying “I’ve been to Canada twice. I didn’t get much out of it because it’s all subjective and I’m a hardcore American”.

If that person traveled to 100 foreign countries around the world, learned foreign languages and lived within local communities  - he would have a very different perspective. His mind and consciousness would expand. He would no longer be a “hardcore American”. So too with psychedelics.

@Shadowraix I just realized you’re wearing a seatbelt in your profile picture. That’s a good safety practice my dude ^_^

6 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

Two trips is not enough. You've got much to learn. Try 20-30 then we'll talk. 

Do you think there is some hidden knowledge and you can't become fully aware without drugs? I've seen lots of people who did drugs for a long time and they still believed horseshit. Drugs don't open any portal and you become God without any space-time limitations. That's what makes us human.

Edited by Phoenixx

1 hour ago, Phoenixx said:

Do you think there is some hidden knowledge and you can't become fully aware without drugs?

Absolutely

There are things consciousness can do on drugs that you cannot even being to imagine.

Imagine becoming a rock and existing for 1 billion years, then returning back to human form. Stuff like that is possible and no meditation will ever get you there. You won't even know you missed it even if you become highly enlightened through meditation.

I've seen lots of people who did drugs for a long time and they still believed horseshit.

That's because most people do drugs recreationally to escape. They have no serious spiritual ambitions or understanding of nonduality or spirituality or psychology or anything. It's kids fooling around.

It's as if you've seen kids playing with finger paints and then you say that it's not possible to paint the Mona Lisa with paints.

It matters very much the skill of the person handling the paint.

Drugs don't open any portal and you become God without any space-time limitations. That's what makes us human.

Right now you are hallucinating that you're a human. There is no human here really. Only a story of one.

@Leo Gura

there are things unconscious mind can do on brain chemicals that you cannot even being to imagine.

Imagine becoming nothing and all material world collapsing right before your sight until you and your senses no longer exist.

You would say that this is imagination but this is what my brain chemicals have done to me. I no longer existed.

Why do you think drugs will show the ultimate reality and not figments of your imagination?

Edited by Phoenixx

@Phoenixx That does not contradict anything I said.

But it's not brain chemicals which did that to you, but rather the imagination of Infinite Consciousness.

Chemicals are nothing more than images held in Infinite Consciousness.

There is no difference between reality and imagination. ALL OF THIS is a figment of your imagination. And furthermore, you are imagining that you aren't imagining it. So you believe it's "real". Stop imagining it is real and it will stop being real.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@Phoenixx That does not contradict anything I said.

But it's not brain chemicals which did that to you, but rather Infinite Consciousness imagined it as such.

Brain chemicals, "all that was and is", including you and me are part of the infinite consciousness.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Imagine becoming a rock and existing for 1 billion years, then returning back to human form. Stuff like that is possible and no meditation will ever get you there. You won't even know you missed it even if you become highly enlightened through meditation.

Wrong. Byron Katie has talked about how she would, at random times, have her consciousness transferred to a building, and it would remain there for some time. She had similar experiences with seagulls, where her consciousness would just transfer to the seagull and remain for some time. And she did not take psychedelics. 

I understand that psychedelics are powerful, but please don’t discount meditation before you have done some research on it. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Meditationdude I've never taken psychedelics and got Self-realized through self-inquiry. I do resonate with Leo's teachings, though. I actually had the shift while doing a guided self-inquiry in his Creating the Experience of No-self video.