Meditationdude

No advanced growth possible without psychedelics

122 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

When the river is the Amazon, you need a boat.

Unless, you're "blessed," and the blessing is deserved. But, the journey continues.

A boat gets crushed and swallowed by the Amazon. The ego doesn't fully understand what hit it.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Psychedics are not required.

However, I must be honest with you guys. Most of you are so lost in your minds and so unserious about doing concentration practices and/or yoga, that you will never grasp the deepest things I talk about without psychedelics. The psychedelics are recommended because you are not motivated enough to do the manual legwork.

If you refuse the psychedelic path, you must work your ass off doing concentration practices and yoga.

This dabbling bullshit does not work and you will waste years of time.

Spirituality is the most hardcore pursuit that man can undertake. Start treating it as such. It will be worth it.

Or just forget about spirituality and do basic self-help. You need to be very clear with your intent. What do you want? Do you really want Truth? If you do you should be willing to sell your mother into slavery to get it.

For me, that's one of the best posts you've ever written. That's fucking powerful. 

50 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you do you should be willing to sell your mother into slavery to get it.

Why should you do this? What kind of metaphor is this? When you become Truth, there is no suffering. When you embody back to your ego, your mission in this realm is to love, and find a way to go about doing these things. This metaphor doesn't reflect Truth and Love.

50 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you do you should be willing to sell your mother into slavery to get it.

HoldUp.jpg

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

I think we've got to the crux of the problem with this work. It's very very hard to consistently commit to a daily practice every day year on year for many many years, to see significant results. 

Psychedelics are quicker option, and if you have difficulties with motivation or attention and want amazing off the scale results, then it is an option. This isn't a better option it's just a different one. 

However, it's not a sprint, it's a marathon, so what's the rush. This work isn't a quick fix. The beauty of this work is how you get there. Drugs or no drugs you've still got to commit. Sounds like it may be more of a struggle than you'd thought.

Edited by Surfingthewave

@Leo Gura what happens when you stop taking these psychedelics? Say someone like yourself who does them often. What would happen if you took nothing for 1-2 years? Would you regress, backlash hard or be in a nasty dark night? 

After listening to Leo’s content for years I’m starting to realize that significant growth isn’t going to be possible (at least at the rate Leo and some of these advanced forum people) without doing hardcore psychedelics like DMT and LSD.  

What kind of growth are you talking about? How is that measured, now? What or who grows from where to where? And how is growth different from any other change? Havent you changed?

For those of us who want to awaken without these aids (like myself) I feel like it’s not possible and/or we are being left behind. 

Left behind what? And why behind? What will ultimately tell you whats true: the words of someone whose words you're giving authority to or your own experience, now?

Anyone else feel this way? Like I hear all this amazing content but most of it will never be actualized for us bc we don’t take these substances. Is it even possible to see the Truth without them? 

How do you know the content is amazing if you feel "left behind"? Wouldnt that mean that you dont actually "get" the content and could therefore not tell if its amazing or not? And what do you mean by the Truth?

If you want an honest suggestion: drop all mental ressources like watching leos videos, reading spiritual book or whatever for a few months. Dont watch anything related to self-help or spirituality, dont read any of it (and dont read any other stuff aswell). And just look for yourself. Also, im not really expecting you to awnser those questions to me, but i would suggest you check for yourself. 

With love, 

Felix. 

48 minutes ago, Meditationdude said:

@Leo Gura what happens when you stop taking these psychedelics? Say someone like yourself who does them often. What would happen if you took nothing for 1-2 years? Would you regress, backlash hard or be in a nasty dark night? 

Nothing would happen.

I've gone for 5+ months without psychedelics. There is no backlash or dark night.

I have to force myself to take psychedelics. I often forget they even exist.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Nothing would happen.

I've gone for 5+ months without psychedelics. There is no backlash or dark night.

I have to force myself to take psychedelics. I often forget they even exist.

+1 it's been a year since I've done psychedelics. If anything I've grown since my last trip. It's only bee recently I've felt the calling to experiment again. 

When you first do psychs I think there is a big drive to do them a lot due to their whacky and unknown nature. It's an absolute blast to explore. Some may stumble on awakening by accident. But that drive relaxes over time. At least that was my experience. 

Recreation and re crystalization of the small mind is What I have become directly concious. It is possible to dissolve completely lets say waking life (pls do not bash me I know I know) but image of body still remains. Do not know is it possible to become concious of How Consciousness creates body without psychedelics. 

Spirituality is worth pursuing but trust It's not walk in park and there is a risk of going insane and deluded.

Everything is Love and everything is Perfect. Love you guys. 

6 hours ago, Meditationdude said:

@DaneV I’ve done mushrooms before and had an awakening but after I had a big ego backlash and started doing drugs again (I’m an addict and I was sober, but relapsed a couple days after my trip). Took over a year to get sober again. 

Thats why I don’t want to try anything stronger like dmt or lsd. 

This was the ego backslash who did that. I stoped smoking 1 week after LSD and did for month.

You Can't attribute the psychédélic as cause. The ego backslash was you taking drug so that you'r little ego feel safe again

@Meditationdude Are you ok taking a cannabis edible? Edibles can have a quasi psychedelic state. And I had a cannabis edible in a sensory deprivation tank that was on par with a full psychedelic trip.

"Get rid of all questions, all doubts, all fears, all apprehensions about spiritual life and live in the moment unafraid, full of total joy and happiness and peace. And you will see you have always been enlightened you already are enlightened everything is okay. But if you keep worrying about when it's going to happen aren't you really saying: "I don't have it yet, there is something really wrong? I am not that and I have to become that?" For in truth you are already that. For in reality you're already enlightened there is nothing you have to do and nowhere you have to go. Be yourself. Be the way you are, totally, completely. The way you are is not the body nor the mind nor the experience. The way you are is not the doer."

Robert Adams

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

Psychedelics should be the least of your problems. We are all hooked onto experiences one way or another - caffeine fix, social media, Netflix, fast fashion, the list goes on

It’s not the substance or tool that is the problem, it’s how you relate to it. 

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Meditationdude Are you ok taking a cannabis edible? Edibles can have a quasi psychedelic state. And I had a cannabis edible in a sensory deprivation tank that was on par with a full psychedelic trip.

I took way too much weed than I could handle a couple times and yeah I had a state like that. For example I observed my dad’s body walking, but instead there was no “me” looking at “him”. Just movements, man.  

12 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

I took way too much weed than I could handle a couple times and yeah I had a state like that. For example I observed my dad’s body walking, but instead there was no “me” looking at “him”. Just movements, man.  

Intense experiences often shut off a lot of mind function in an attempt to shift awareness to the intensity of the experience. This was actually how I brute forced my first awakening. 

My friend always offers me weed and even dabs out of hospitality. Rarely do I take up the offer because more than one hit off a joint bakes me. When I do dabs it's straight up just lay on the couch journey time. 

@Shadowraix I’m planning on being high af, but still aware while doing therapy sessions (I’m obviously gonna let them know first). Will report back with my discoveries in the future. 

I’ve never done this before and every time I’m in therapy I’m still very much in my head and trying to “figure things out” about myself. So this experiment should be an interesting one. 

@AlldayLoop Therapy with mdma might be a good choice. While it is a substance that must be handled with low frequencies and care, it'll open you up like a book. It's helped me spot traumas I was unaware of. It's being looked into to help those with ptsd. 

@Shadowraix What if you get a bad trip or the therapist obviously knows your on something lmao? Can’t you get into legal trouble? I’m sure the therapist wouldn’t want to lose their job either haha

30 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

@Shadowraix What if you get a bad trip or the therapist obviously knows your on something lmao? Can’t you get into legal trouble? I’m sure the therapist wouldn’t want to lose their job either haha

Having a bad trip on mdma is something you gotta try to have. It's basically a flood of serotonin and it makes it very hard not to embrace the world in love. 

I'm not sure about the legalities so I won't give any advice. Perhaps you might still get benefit in a personal setting though. It would be obvious you are on it. You go full talkative extrovert. Even if you are introverted. 

Edited by Shadowraix