Laurens

Universal Metamodel. (Spiral Dynamics, Chakra, Sufism..)

13 posts in this topic

I summarized some of Leo's ideas in a blog article.

Which viewpoints are missing? I want feedback.

https://empowergurus.com/universal-metamodel/

Viewpoint 1: Keagan Framework.

Viewpoint 2: Chakra

Viewpoint 3: Loevinger’s stages of ego development

Viewpoint 4: Spiral Dynamics

Viewpoint 5: Sufism

Viewpoint 6: Ten Oxherding Pictures

Viepoint 7: Tree of Life (Kabbalah)

Viewpoint 8: Maslow’s hierarchy of needs

Viewpoint 9: Christian Sacraments

Edited by Laurens

I don't want to bug you. But i put a lot of effort in this blogpost. 

What can be changed in order to make it more interesing? 

It is good as an introduction, but each of those models could take life's work to unpack.
What I was hoping to get from this article is one metamodel that incorporates the ones you mentioned.
I was interested in how, for example, chakras fit together with spiral dynamics.

Good work!

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Holly shit what a great compilation, thx for the effort brother! ;)

I would encourage you to apply the research standart you put into the Keagan framework to the rest of the models. I think you are onto something with you comperative model. 

Edited by Alex

That's nice man thanks

I don't know that much about chakra but I would have think that 3rd eye is more like yellow spiral dynamics no ? kind of like overall/holistic/detached observer, what do you think ?

Also have you heard about frequencyes of emotions (I'm sure there's many names to it) like for example David Hawkins book, something like that

Maybe that could be one other model to include

daH.PNG

33 minutes ago, Jordan94 said:

That's nice man thanks

I don't know that much about chakra but I would have think that 3rd eye is more like yellow spiral dynamics no ? kind of like overall/holistic/detached observer, what do you think ?

Yes you are right. I have to adjust that.

Also have you heard about frequencyes of emotions (I'm sure there's many names to it) like for example David Hawkins book, something like that

Maybe that could be one other model to include

daH.PNG

I have that on my plan, but I want to study it a little bit harder. 
If you have a sketch, feel free to communicate.

It's also a good practice to think more yellow. You get a sense of the different paradigms, languages, terms the different models use and which entities they take into account to build up their reality.

Edited by Laurens

Wow!  What a great start!  

I really like your summary of Kegan. It took me a long time to understand his model, and you did a great job of summarizing it and maintaining most of the salient points which I thought were important. 

I'm not as good at Chakras, but I have never heard the different chakras being levels. I can understand it for me - when my heart opened I fundamentally changed.

I do question whether your chart can be politically correct however. For instance, it might be possible that one entire system could be defined within one level of another system. 

You could add these models:

• Defense mechanisms (from psychology)
  • Reichian Characterology
  • Enneagramm
  • MBTI
  • Ken Wilber model
  • Cook-Greuter Ego Development Theory
  • Erotic Blueprints
  • Horoscope
  • Cognitive Functions
  • The Big 5 Personalities

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

What do you guys think about the Listening Society's "Metamodernism" take?  I bought the book and did some flipping... I'm a little skeptical as it seems to be pretty in the weeds and lacks the sensibility and predictive power of Spiral Dynamics (which is incredibly useful for general understanding, even if it is not always perfect).

The meta-question is... how many "lenses" is too much?  I suppose a flexible approach is to explore them and keep the ones that help and discard the ones that don't.