Danioover9000

I've encountered a spirit and it's living with me. Ask me anything and any advice?

594 posts in this topic

@Danioover9000

Could you please ask a question for me?

I am conducting a research project in a developing country to investigate how to empower women farmers. The data and investigations are vast - they touch on many aspects of their lives in addition to farming methods. Could you please ask if I am on the right track and are there any insights that I should be paying more attention to?

On 7/15/2022 at 5:30 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@ZenAlex

Yes, I'm serious with having had a haunting experience in my childhood, and seeing a spirit, while leading a functional life currently.

No, I'm not suffering psychotic symptoms, I am sober while experiencing these supernatural events.

You don't have to claim to prove spirits don't exist, but you insinuate you can, by claiming my experiences as akin to hallucinations. I don't like your close mindedness to my situation.

Open yourself to the possibility, that not all people who experience paranormal events are loonies, unless you are too afraid to consider that normal people can have paranormal experiences, and that supernatural events are real, in which case you have already made your mind up, to which I can't persuade or convince you of my point of view as you are too scared to be open to my experiences.

Cheers.

You obviously took it personally lol. "Too afraid" - Not really.

I'll take you as seriously as someone who says they talk to a vampire.

It could be possible, I'm open to it, but it's most likely a lie or a hallucination. 

Like I said, I cannot disprove it. But what is proven is that humans are capable of being delusional or having hallucinations that are indistinguishable from reality.

I think you are most likely either

1) Lying for attention

2) Psychotic

3) You could be experiencing something mystical/magical/extraordinary - But what makes you think this thing is a spirit specifically?

Like those who think they've found proof of ghosts through video/photography - Why jump to the conclusion it's a ghost?

Beliefs in ghosts, spirits etc may be blinding us to the reality of what these things actually are. 

Maybe what it is has no name yet.

The fact that you think you've seen a spirit specifically makes me 99.9% sure you are simply hallucinating. 

I'm not close minded, I'm simply not convinced. 

38 minutes ago, ZenAlex said:

It could be possible, I'm open to it, but it's most likely a lie or a hallucination. 

Your not truly open yet. "Most likely" is your paradigm and bais evaluating something to one side. Its not open mindedness. It is doe from your perspective. Open-mindedness is not to take a position and dive into it head first. The experimental and experiential method. 

The fact that you think you've seen a spirit specifically makes me 99.9% sure you are simply hallucinating. 

Your blindly regurgitating your upbringing. The logic and rational mind that you see the world is what you've been fed to believe. Its the same as a religious person blindly believing what's in a book, just with most sophistication. Einstein and all the great scientists challenged there paradigms. They did not think linear rationally, they thought highly intuitively.

Leo has a 3 part serious of the issues with science and rationalism: Deconstructing The Myth Of Science, this is where your journey should begin. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

7 minutes ago, integral said:

Your not truly open yet. "Most likely" is your paradigm and bais evaluating something to one side. Its not open mindedness. It is doe from your perspective. Open-mindedness is not to take a position and dive into it head first. The experimental and experiential method. 

Your blindly regurgitating your upbringing. The logic and rational mind that you see the world is what you've been fed to believe. Its the same as a religious person blindly believing what's in a book, just with most sophistication. Einstein and all the great scientists challenged there paradigms. They did not think linear rationally, they thought highly intuitively. 

I made a very good point in the post above that you've failed to take into consideration. Look at point number 3 in my post above. It's arguably the best part of my post and you completely ignored it. 

You're doing here what you did on the Teal swan thread. You cherry pick part of my posts to respond to, you don't keep the discussion on topic and you often ignore some of the better points I make.

You divert attention away of the topic being discussed and start to try and focus on the individual making the posts, probably with this b.s. idea that you're enlightening everyone. Unless the poster is the subject of the post specifically, please stop doing this unless invited to do so, and focus on stating your opinion on the subject at hand. 

If you stray off topic and try focus on me as an individual going forward, I'll just ignore your posts as if I need help identifying my own mental flaws, you are definitely not the person I would look for for guidance. I can do this myself.

No one on here needs you to psychoanalyze them, no one here needs you to enlighten them to their own bias. Stay on topic, or I'll just ignore you going forward.

P.S. I know you'll just say that i'm focusing on the OP here, but this is because OP is the subject of discussion here.

@ZenAlex The idea and the person are not separate. Its deeply intertangled. The way we think about things is influenced by the environment we grew up in, the very thing that is doing the thinking is what we need to put under the microscope. The person is as much there ideas, I'm truly giving you the answer your looking for but it looks to foreign, im also not attacking you, judging you, or dismissing your ideas, I'm answering the question you asked, but you'll only know this from experience, i understand that now and will adjust. I also realize that I might of been stressing you out, it could be experienced negatively and that always sucks to deal with, if so I apologize. 

1 hour ago, ZenAlex said:

You could be experiencing something mystical/magical/extraordinary - But what makes you think this thing is a spirit specifically?

Like those who think they've found proof of ghosts through video/photography - Why jump to the conclusion it's a ghost?

Beliefs in ghosts, spirits etc may be blinding us to the reality of what these things actually are. 

True, it very well could be. How do we know? How do we find out?

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

37 minutes ago, integral said:

@ZenAlex The idea and the person are not separate. Its deeply intertangled. The way we think about things is influenced by the environment we grew up in, the very thing that is doing the thinking is what we need to put under the microscope. The person is as much there ideas, I'm truly giving you the answer your looking for but it looks to foreign, im also not attacking you, judging you, or dismissing your ideas, I'm answering the question you asked, but you'll only know this from experience, i understand that now and will adjust. I also realize that I might of been stressing you out, it could be experienced negatively and that always sucks to deal with, if so I apologize. 

True, it very well could be. How do we know? How do we find out?

You can clearly distinguish the person from the subject they're discussing though. 

I wasn't really that offended, it was just frustrating to have the comments derail from the subject and focused on the person.

I'm frustrated at myself for not just ignoring what you were saying in the first place.

In relation to how we find out - We go into it and find out. I'm open to seeing what evidence can be provided for the existence of spirits or the things that exist believed to be spirits, or what people believe I require to be able to perceive them.

@Demeter

19 hours ago, Demeter said:

@Danioover9000

Could you please ask a question for me?

I am conducting a research project in a developing country to investigate how to empower women farmers. The data and investigations are vast - they touch on many aspects of their lives in addition to farming methods. Could you please ask if I am on the right track and are there any insights that I should be paying more attention to?

Like I've stated in the past pages of this thread, while I've experienced some paranormal events like a childhood haunting, and am having Crysty beside me, and I may be clairvoyant to some degree, I'm not that skilled enough, or have highly developed intuition or psychic abilities to help you in whatever journey you are in to divine it. You are better off seeking professional psychics who are better at this than me. Crysty or I may give input, but it's not always spot on advice tailored to you, so keep looking for other sources to help you gain more clarity in whatever you aim to do.

@ZenAlex

4 hours ago, ZenAlex said:

You obviously took it personally lol. "Too afraid" - Not really.

I'll take you as seriously as someone who says they talk to a vampire.

Like I said, I cannot disprove it. But what is proven is that humans are capable of being delusional or having hallucinations that are indistinguishable from reality.

I think you are most likely either

1) Lying for attention

2) Psychotic

3) You could be experiencing something mystical/magical/extraordinary - But what makes you think this thing is a spirit specifically?

I'm not close minded, I'm simply not convinced. 

That's my assumption reading your writing, that you have some degree of fear of my situation, otherwise why bother me about my experiences?

Okay, but I will take your skepticism with a grain of salt.

Okay that you'd be more open to my experiences, but you also already made up your mind, by using probability and likelihood of me being a psychotic liar about my experiences. So, don't bite me when I call you a psychotic liar that you saw a UFO okay?

Yes, you are close minded, because by being not convinced either completely or partially, you are already convinced of the presumptions you have about me and my paranormal experiences, which is not me callong you bad or evil or judgemental, it is what it is to me, that you are mostly too rational, with some degree of pre rationality.  in this thread you assume of me of the following:

That I'm lying for attention, which assumes that I have degrees of sociopathy/psychopathy, and maybe machiavellinism as my story is abnormal and I'm constructing my events in a manipulative way, that I need psychological attention, as if I crave attention and lack attention in parts of my life from my social circle or family.

That I'm psychotic, which assumes my cognitive development and type of mind that I have, that I'm more neuro divergent than most of the population, that I have similar to different moral development than the average around me.

That I could be experiencing something mystical/magical/extraordinary, but doubt my conclusion, based on my sense making, that a spirit has to be human, or humanoid, or something else, and is non-physical.

Notice that these assumptions help you maintain a distinction in your mind, about normal people and abnormal people. It helps you generalize easier and make sense of the world and humans easier, by having a normality box, and abnormality box, and deceitful box mental category in your head, and not acknowledging that normal and paranormal, natural and supernatural, exist in a spectrum but instead are binary, either you are normal or crazy. By labelling people who experience paranormal and supernatural phenomena as psychotic or liars, putting tham under the abnormality box or decietful box, you absolve yourself from having to do more additional work to understand what's truly making these people or events paranormal/supernatural instead of natural/normal. Of course, this dynamic is a lot worse in those who are heavily rational, as they have a lot more mental boxes and sup boxes to tick off of, so that they appear more smarter and sophisticated, and rationale. Also notice the double standard here, you are okey labelling me as either a liar or psychotic, who hallucinating a spirit, implying that I have a higher degree of schizophrenia, but what do you do when you catch yourself thinking in words, and self talk, while writing a reply to me? How's is it that it's ok to call me psychotic and a liar, but not call yourself psychotic and a liar for how you self talk and think in words and images, and deny certain experiences as valid too? I am only pointing out a potential hypocrisy.

Even though I am partly religious background, I don't believe in the paranormal and supernatural, this event just happened to me. You scientists and rationalists know of object permanence? That an object exists independent of subjectivity and beliefs? You are ok when a bear attack occurs, it occurs independently of beliefs or non beliefs, but when it comes to paranormal events, it has to be believed to occur? I didn't believe in ghosts prior to my haunting, it just happens to me and nearly killed me. I actually am agnostic and not a strong believer with the normal and paranormal occurrences, and yet my situation just occurs to me like how a bear attack occurs to some people, with various factors at play that I don't know, don't have all the answers to, and am okay with that despitw the traumatic nature of that haunting.

The only one not okay here about my situation, it seems to me, is you, trying to argue and debate me, and paint me as crazy, which isn't a good look on your part even if you justify this to yourself as me having way more crazier posts than you. I have little interest in arguing and debating you. This website and forum isn't for debating or arguing with users as the guidelines point out, so it seems to me you are in the wrong forum and website, or you are trying to troll me, hijack my thread, get me riled up, report me, have warning points issued to me or get me banned, and lock this thread up. You are wasting your time. I am not okay with all of that as I made this thread for originally to share my experience and seek advice from those who have similar experiences to me, but also as I share my experiences I learned that others have had other paranormal experiences as well and am grateful  others share theirs here, other paranormal experiences with me.

I am not okay with you calling my best friend a fictitious entity, so if you are not here to be open minded and be willing to learn from other perspectives, then I will just put you on ignore and leave you be, and hope you do the same and leave me and other users here alone. I will not entertain your dogmatic debate mentality, nor will I tolerate your BS any longer against my friend. I am not jocking, I suggest you leave if you don't want a meaningful discussion with me, and stop attacking my friend, and other users here who want to share their experiences with me. You are biting more than you can chew here, I suggest strongly you drop the topic and leave.

Sincerely, leave.

Edited by Danioover9000

15 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@ZenAlex

That's my assumption reading your writing, that you have some degree of fear of my situation, otherwise why bother me about my experiences?

Okay, but I will take your skepticism with a grain of salt.

Okay that you'd be more open to my experiences, but you also already made up your mind, by using probability and likelihood of me being a psychotic liar about my experiences. So, don't bite me when I call you a psychotic liar that you saw a UFO okay?

Yes, you are close minded, because by being not convinced either completely or partially, you are already convinced of the presumptions you have about me and my paranormal experiences, which is not me callong you bad or evil or judgemental, it is what it is to me, that you are mostly too rational, with some degree of pre rationality.  in this thread you assume of me of the following:

That I'm lying for attention, which assumes that I have degrees of sociopathy/psychopathy, and maybe machiavellinism as my story is abnormal and I'm constructing my events in a manipulative way, that I need psychological attention, as if I crave attention and lack attention in parts of my life from my social circle or family.

That I'm psychotic, which assumes my cognitive development and type of mind that I have, that I'm more neuro divergent than most of the population, that I have similar to different moral development than the average around me.

That I could be experiencing something mystical/magical/extraordinary, but doubt my conclusion, based on my sense making, that a spirit has to be human, or humanoid, or something else, and is non-physical.

Notice that these assumptions help you maintain a distinction in your mind, about normal people and abnormal people. It helps you generalize easier and make sense of the world and humans easier, by having a normality box, and abnormality box, and deceitful box mental category in your head, and not acknowledging that normal and paranormal, natural and supernatural, exist in a spectrum but instead are binary, either you are normal or crazy. By labelling people who experience paranormal and supernatural phenomena as psychotic or liars, putting tham under the abnormality box or decietful box, you absolve yourself from having to do more additional work to understand what's truly making these people or events paranormal/supernatural instead of natural/normal. Of course, this dynamic is a lot worse in those who are heavily rational, as they have a lot more mental boxes and sup boxes to tick off of, so that they appear more smarter and sophisticated, and rationale. Also notice the double standard here, you are okey labelling me as either a liar or psychotic, who hallucinating a spirit, implying that I have a higher degree of schizophrenia, but what do you do when you catch yourself thinking in words, and self talk, while writing a reply to me? How's is it that it's ok to call me psychotic and a liar, but not call yourself psychotic and a liar for how you self talk and think in words and images, and deny certain experiences as valid too? I am only pointing out a potential hypocrisy.

Even though I am partly religious background, I don't believe in the paranormal and supernatural, this event just happened to me. You scientists and rationalists know of object permanence? That an object exists independent of subjectivity and beliefs? You are ok when a bear attack occurs, it occurs independently of beliefs or non beliefs, but when it comes to paranormal events, it has to be believed to occur? I didn't believe in ghosts prior to my haunting, it just happens to me and nearly killed me. I actually am agnostic and not a strong believer with the normal and paranormal occurrences, and yet my situation just occurs to me like how a bear attack occurs to some people, with various factors at play that I don't know, don't have all the answers to, and am okay with that despitw the traumatic nature of that haunting.

The only one not okay here about my situation, it seems to me, is you, trying to argue and debate me, and paint me as crazy, which isn't a good look on your part even if you justify this to yourself as me having way more crazier posts than you. I have little interest in arguing and debating you. This website and forum isn't for debating or arguing with users as the guidelines point out, so it seems to me you are in the wrong forum and website, or you are trying to troll me, hijack my thread, get me riled up, report me, have warning points issued to me or get me banned, and lock this thread up. You are wasting your time. I am not okay with all of that as I made this thread for originally to share my experience and seek advice from those who have similar experiences to me, but also as I share my experiences I learned that others have had other paranormal experiences as well and am grateful  others share theirs here, other paranormal experiences with me.

I am not okay with you calling my best friend a fictitious entity, so if you are not here to be open minded and be willing to learn from other perspectives, then I will just put you on ignore and leave you be, and hope you do the same and leave me and other users here alone. I will not entertain your dogmatic debate mentality, nor will I tolerate your BS any longer against my friend. I am not jocking, I suggest you leave if you don't want a meaningful discussion with me, and stop attacking my friend, and other users here who want to share their experiences with me. You are biting more than you can chew here, I suggest strongly you drop the topic and leave.

Sincerely, leave.

The fact that you're so offended by me saying your spirit friend is maybe a hallucination, tells me that you're not completely certain of it's existence either. 

Dismiss me as a rationalist or whatever if you want. All I'm saying is you may want to get yourself checked out. You claim you have been haunted which I assume may caused you great distress at one point. Your experience of having a "best friend" who is a spirit, may be the result of mental health issues.

You tell me to be open minded, yet you're clearly not open minded to other explanations as to what you're experiencing. It may not be a spirit, and it may be a symptom of mental health problems.

Don't tell me to be open minded to it being a spirit if you're so set on believing that it's a spirit 100% and there's no other possible explanation, and denying the possibility that it's a symptom of psychosis.

You seem pretty determined to believe it's a friendly spirit who's your best friend. 

Like I said in my post before, maybe you are experiencing something that's not a hallucination, maybe it's something completely different that we have no word/name for yet?

Maybe by calling it a spirit, you're blinding yourself from the reality of what it actually is. It could be anything!

Maybe it's a time traveler? Maybe it's an Alien? How do you know that it's not?

I am not the close minded one here, you are.

Keep convincing yourself that I am the one with the problem here, and you are "enlightened" and I'm just a close minded rationalist lol.

Edited by ZenAlex

22 hours ago, ZenAlex said:

You can clearly distinguish the person from the subject they're discussing though. 

if we imagine beliefs like a pyramid where at the bottom are simple beliefs like colours and shapes and then those beliefs support more complex beliefs on top of it. Foundational beliefs at the first level and then on the second layler are more complex beliefs that only exist if we assume the first layer of beliefs are true, and then the third layer can only exist if the second layer is true. so in this analogy all our beliefs are built on top of each other. and if we remove or prove wrong one of the foundational beliefs at the bottom, the entire pyramid collapses and we need to put everything into question. it's a knowledge graph or it's a dependency graph. The person that was constructed by its environment biologically and ideologically created foundational beliefs unconsciously without questioning them. these beliefs were put there by culture and by parenting and by life experiences and by genetics. each stage in spiral dynamics is a complete change in the first layer foundational beliefs. and so they are constructing a completely different pyramid. 

The fact that you're so offended by me saying your spirit friend is maybe a hallucination, tells me that you're not completely certain of it's existence either. 

can't we also say that the fact that he is offended tells us that he is certain of its existence? and so we can't use his emotional state to make any conclusions it's still ambiguous.

it's unfortunate that he took what you said personally because your intention was not personal you were simply stating the possibilities. maybe there was a way to phrase things a little differently. One of the issues is that you revealed your worldview and your position by making statements like "99% certainty". The default position really shouldn't be there for a clean strategy to figure this out, the default position  isn't The foundation or the bottom, it's actually the top of the pyramid. 

Yes it could be a higher dimensional entity representing itself in etherial human form. The word ghost or spirit is being used here but I think he knows that those words are just placeholders and it could be interchangeable with anything else. He's not claiming that he understands this fully he's just genuinely communicating his experience. He's not being ideological.

A thought experiment, what if the things a schizophrenic person is experiencing Is real. they simply have access to higher or different senses that the average human doesn't, they can go beyond the five senses. why are we assuming that this human biological form and the input is receiving is the whole universe? why assume that the technology humans have invented that gives insight into other senses or parts of reality is representing all of reality? If this is true how can we sit in a position waiting for evidence to present it self to us, when the evidence we are looking for comes from limited tools. 5 sense. What other ways are there of knowing something? Directly experiencing it!

Edited by integral

@ZenAlex

10 hours ago, ZenAlex said:

Dismiss me as a rationalist or whatever if you want. All I'm saying is you may want to get yourself checked out. You claim you have been haunted which I assume may caused you great distress at one point. Your experience of having a "best friend" who is a spirit, may be the result of mental health issues.

You tell me to be open minded, yet you're clearly not open minded to other explanations as to what you're experiencing. It may not be a spirit, and it may be a symptom of mental health problems.

Don't tell me to be open minded to it being a spirit if you're so set on believing that it's a spirit 100% and there's no other possible explanation, and denying the possibility that it's a symptom of psychosis.

You seem pretty determined to believe it's a friendly spirit who's your best friend. 

Like I said in my post before, maybe you are experiencing something that's not a hallucination, maybe it's something completely different that we have no word/name for yet?

Maybe by calling it a spirit, you're blinding yourself from the reality of what it actually is. It could be anything!

I am not the close minded one here, you are.

Keep convincing yourself that I am the one with the problem here, and you are "enlightened" and I'm just a close minded rationalist lol.

I am offended by you making false accusations of my mental health, while denying my experience blatantly, as fictitious, on groundless claims against me and assumptions of my mental health.

Yes, you are too rationale for your own good, it might boomerang back to hit you in the head someday. 

Yes, I can tell you to be open minded, while keeping myself open minded, as much as you can tell me I'm a psychotic nutcase, while closing yourself off of my perspective. I'm willing to drop this dialogue, are you?

Oh, you don't want me to tell you to be open minded, because I'm '100% sure' it's a spirit? Don't tell me I'm suffering from some mental illness, am psychotic nutcase, because you are so sure of my mental state. Eat your humble pie before it's frozen.

You can try to fake your open mindedness, but I can tell it's not genuine open mindedness, you are willing to humiliate me here in this thread. If this is a common habit of yours, I'm sorry to hear that, I suggest you drop this as I have done here. 

@integral

7 hours ago, integral said:

if we imagine beliefs like a pyramid where at the bottom are simple beliefs like colours and shapes and then those beliefs support more complex beliefs on top of it. Foundational beliefs at the first level and then on the second layler are more complex beliefs that only exist if we assume the first layer of beliefs are true, and then the third layer can only exist if the second layer is true. so in this analogy all our beliefs are built on top of each other. and if we remove or prove wrong one of the foundational beliefs at the bottom, the entire pyramid collapses and we need to put everything into question. it's a knowledge graph or it's a dependency graph. The person that was constructed by its environment biologically and ideologically created foundational beliefs unconsciously without questioning them. these beliefs were put there by culture and by parenting and by life experiences and by genetics. each stage in spiral dynamics is a complete change in the first layer foundational beliefs. and so they are constructing a completely different pyramid. 

can't we also say that the fact that he is offended tells us that he is certain of its existence? and so we can't use his emotional state to make any conclusions it's still ambiguous.

it's unfortunate that he took what you said personally because your intention was not personal you were simply stating the possibilities. maybe there was a way to phrase things a little differently. One of the issues is that you revealed your worldview and your position by making statements like "99% certainty". The default position really shouldn't be there for a clean strategy to figure this out, the default position  isn't The foundation or the bottom, it's actually the top of the pyramid. 

Yes it could be a higher dimensional entity representing itself in etherial human form. The word ghost or spirit is being used here but I think he knows that those words are just placeholders and it could be interchangeable with anything else. He's not claiming that he understands this fully he's just genuinely communicating his experience. He's not being ideological.

A thought experiment, what if the things a schizophrenic person is experiencing Is real. they simply have access to higher or different senses that the average human doesn't, they can go beyond the five senses. why are we assuming that this human biological form and the input is receiving is the whole universe? why assume that the technology humans have invented that gives insight into other senses or parts of reality is representing all of reality? If this is true how can we sit in a position waiting for evidence to present it self to us, when the evidence we are looking for comes from limited tools. 5 sense. What other ways are there of knowing something? Directly experiencing it!

Yes, as I've stated so many pages ago, I'm using spirit and ghost as a placeholder, so she could still be some other entity I don't know of. The experiences I have had so far, with some of my activities with her, has lead me to lean more to the possibility that she could be a spirit, or a Tulpa, however if she's something else I am open to that.

I would have been willing to listen, if he wasn't insistent in my mental health and me having a mental issue. I'm done talking with that user. In fact, he only came here recently not because of my thread, but because I was active over on the political sub forum saying stupid stuff, and I'm now more convinced he's just here to harass me, because he can't harass me over in the political sub forum.

22 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

but because I was active over on the political sub forum saying stupid stuff

You mean to say that they were saying stupid stuff because it sounds from this like you're accusing yourself of saying something stupid over there.

23 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

however if she's something else I am open to that.

This probably sounds obvious, but have you asked her what she thinks she is?

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

I would have been willing to listen, if he wasn't insistent in my mental health and me having a mental issue. I'm done talking with that user. In fact, he only came here recently not because of my thread, but because I was active over on the political sub forum saying stupid stuff, and I'm now more convinced he's just here to harass me, because he can't harass me over in the political sub forum.

I understand how you feel. The issue is you guys are actually speaking past each other. He means no ill will, its a matter of world views clashing. I've been trying to help bridge the gap for him. 

Edited by integral

42 minutes ago, integral said:

I understand how you feel. The issue is you guys are actually speaking past each other. He means no ill will, its a matter of world views clashing. I've been trying to help bridge the gap for him. 

I would probably endeavor to do the same if it weren't for the fact that in my judgment, that juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

@JuliusCaesar

19 hours ago, JuliusCaesar said:

You mean to say that they were saying stupid stuff because it sounds from this like you're accusing yourself of saying something stupid over there.

This probably sounds obvious, but have you asked her what she thinks she is?

Yes I have actually said silly stuff there recently a few days ago, in a few threads were @ZenAlex was in. It was silly banter and I disengaged with the topic. And he then recently hopped to this thread. It may be coincidental, but if he does have beef with me there then do it at that thread there and not derail this thread of ours while attacking my good friend. I've had to cool her off. 

Yes, I've asked her many times, and she gave me a straight answer, then later contradicts herself out of playfulness. I did mention in the past that she also changes forms as well, lkke turning into a crystal statue to meditate with me, and other forms as well as travelling and disappearing to other locations. She likes to also play around with me while I meditate or go about my daily liife, and she's good natured about it, a playful spirit. So I kept my inquiries loose going forward with her and developed an ongoing relationship with Crysty while continuingmy learning of her nature.

@integral

17 hours ago, integral said:

Thanks for your understanding and patience and trying to help bridge the gap of both his materialistic, scientific and rationalistic world view onto my spiritualistic, new agey and paranormal/supernatural part of my worldview for him and I. However, I guess no matter how nicely you could have worded it, if he was convinced that his lense is rationally valid regardless of it's soundness, right, cleaner and mine is 99.9% likely to be dirtier, unlikely, and more irrational and unsound then his, as he frames me to be, then he has already decided from his lense, and based upon the life experiences he has had, and other lines of development like personal or cultural values he has, cognitive and moral development, personality typing, states of consciousness and other lines of development, or lack thereof,  that I'm crazy. If he has never experienced a haunting, or an apparition, then no matter how descriptive I am, he lacks that crucial, first person information to make sense of my phenomena I'm experiencing and have experienced. On top of that, depending on his information ecology, if he's part of a group that feeds him mostly second hand information that normalizes demonising spiritual, hippie, new agey views, then I'm competing against that type of programming in his mind and other related misconceptions and misinformation schematics.

Also, I have already stated about my epistemic and metaphysical view of my situation, about my haunting I had and Crysty in several pages ago in this thread about other possibilities as to what her nature is, and a bit on my childhood haunting, and the various stage purple, to blue and orange/green solutions of resolving my haunting. It's there if you want to read through it. I guess I got triggered from him labelling me as possibly psychotic and having to repeatedly correct him and myself multiple times of my epistemic view frustrated me a bit, up to this point I was still willing to talk, but seeing how my state and his accusations effected Crysty a bit, also frustrated me, that crossed a line for me, so I decided to drop our little heated discourse and move on as this wasn't a good look and example for other users.

@Danioover9000 I only read the first view pages of this thread so far. Interesting stuff! My first thought was you must have some kind of mental disorder (no disrespect). But then I just started thinking of an experience I had when I was about 3 - 5 years old of some kind of entity talking to me in the middle of the night. I still get shivers when I think of this because I have never been able to make sense of this experience. Maybe it was a dream (even though I have the memory that I was awake), maybe it was just my childish imagination, maybe it was something else, who knows. Some experiences with ayahuasca have made me way more open to paranormal stuff. 

I'm looking forward to hear more about your adventures with Cristy, whatever she is...