ethanb121

5 Meo DMT and SSRI Interaction

37 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, herghly said:

@Leo Gura What about tolerance?

Which is why I say bi-weekly.

Tolerance resets after about 10 days.

5-MeO-DMT, N,N-DMT, and DPT have no tolerance at all.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, ethanb121 said:

Im currently on 50 mgs of lexapro

This doesn’t sound right. The therapeutic dose is 10mg, with 20mg being given if 10mg stops working. 
How did you manage to get on 50mg??

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't understand why you would be taking 5-MeO while on antidepressants.

5-MeO is very radical. It will reveal shocking truths. Can you really handle that?

I can attest to this. A marijuana edible made me experience death and I was scared shitless, so I can’t imagine what 5-MeO would do to me. 

3 hours ago, Girzo said:

Though, using them daily for extended periods of time is not a good idea. It can increase heart risk.

Source: https://thethirdwave.co/psychedelics-heart-risk/

It's not right to compare them with MDMA. I don't experience much elevation in heart rate from 5-MeO-DMT or DPT.

But of course taking them daily is overkill. No one is going to take those substances for more than a few days in a row. It just gets too intense. The most I've done was 13 days in a row, and it's just way more nonduality than a human could want.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Which is why I say bi-weekly.

Tolerance resets after about 10 days.

5-MeO-DMT, N,N-DMT, and DPT have no tolerance at all.

What would happen if you microdose them' ?

Just a thought. But something without tolérance could have great values as a pharmaceutical.

Microdosing cubensis B shroom once in a while work better than a coffee day. But 'tolérance' so. It's very experimental on my side

@Leo Gura that's not comparison to MDMA but all substances with activity at 5ht2b receptor. Even some herbal tea rich in alkaloids can cause this disease.

Only 5-MeO-DMT is likely to be safe, because of low activity there. Not so much DMT or DPT, they rank high. They have higher affinity per dose than MDMA.

5ht2b: 4.00 DOB, 4.00 MDA, 4.00 Aleph-2, 4.00 2C-B-fly, 4.00 2C-B, 4.00 TMA, 4.00 psilocin, 4.00 TMA-2, 4.00 2C-E, 4.00 2C-T-2, 4.00 4C-T-2, 4.00 MEM, 4.00 DOM, 3.97 mescaline, 3.93 6-F-DMT, 3.91 5-MeO-DIPT, 3.91 DMT, 3.88 DPT, 3.70 DOET, 3.64 MDMA, 3.48 DIPT, 3.32 5-MeO-MIPT, 3.13 DOI, 3.11 LSD, 3.01 lisuride, 2.72 cis-2a, 2.17 SS-2c, 1.81 RR-2b, 0.69 5-MeO-DMT; 0.00 salvinorin A; ND: 5-MeO-TMT, ibogaine, EMDT, morphine, THC

Source: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0009019

I already have inborn Valvular Heart Disease and using psychedelics monthly or bi-weekly didn't make it worse. (I had heart tested after a year of usage.) Better safe than sorry, though.

I wouldn't use DPT or DMT longer than 2 weeks in a row and would then go on a a 1-2 months hiatus before taking them again. That's the typical warning they put on herbs and stuff with similar effects at heart.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't experience much elevation in heart rate from 5-MeO-DMT or DPT.

BTW, it's not about getting elevated heart rate. It stiffens your heart's muscles and over time it has problem with closing valves causing the blood to flow backwards.

It can cause you sleepines, skipping a beat, shortenning of breath. And it won't be experienced during the trip but when doing daily chores after you develop the disease.

2 hours ago, Aeris said:

What would happen if you microdose them' ?

They don't last long enough for microdosing.

Btw I also took MDMA, 3-MMC and amphetamine while being on SNRI (yes irresponsible I know) and nothing bad happened. MDMA I bearly felt but 3-MMC stimulating effects where normal.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Hey let me know if anyone has done this and how it went and if they were fine thanks : P

Getting of SSRI is step 1 or maybe step 2, using 5meo is like step 15.

First things first.

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not right to compare them with MDMA. I don't experience much elevation in heart rate from 5-MeO-DMT or DPT.

But of course taking them daily is overkill. No one is going to take those substances for more than a few days in a row. It just gets too intense. The most I've done was 13 days in a row, and it's just way more nonduality than a human could want.

Do you have one of those smartwatches that constantly reads your heart rate? It would be interesting to see what levels you get during your trip, and during the comedown. 

Of course, they aren’t medical devices and aren’t 100% reliable, but it’s still interesting data nonetheless. 

On 8/18/2019 at 3:47 PM, Hsinav said:

Getting of SSRI is step 1 or maybe step 2, using 5meo is like step 15.

First things first.

how is it step 15 lol