Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexop

First psychedelic experience

5 posts in this topic

I finally found some people who are organizing ayahuasca retreats in my homecountry Romania. A girl who lived in Peru then came back home to help people with amazonian remedies, I met her in person and she is quite nice and aware. The retreat will contain 4 days: 2 ayahuasca ceremonies, one Sapo Kambo and sananaga and yopo which I need more research on. It costs around 500$ which are quite some money for me and I don`t know if it is worth it. What do you think? Yea, never tried anything like this before.

Edited by Alexop

Yes it is worth it. Ayahuasca is amazing. You will not regret the decision of doing it. My advice, no matter how high you get keep coming back for more doses. If you're going through the expense and effort, make I had an Awakening my first Aya trip. Also, bring really good ear-plugs. Trust me, you'll want them. Also a face mask. You will be very sensitive to sound and light. Blocking out sensory input is important. Last bit of advice is to Surrender. Let the medicine do it's thing. Don't fight it. Just relax and surrender to it's will, and it will be one of the best experiences of your life. Go for it! 

2 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Yes it is worth it. Ayahuasca is amazing. You will not regret the decision of doing it. My advice, no matter how high you get keep coming back for more doses. If you're going through the expense and effort, make I had an Awakening my first Aya trip. Also, bring really good ear-plugs. Trust me, you'll want them. Also a face mask. You will be very sensitive to sound and light. Blocking out sensory input is important. Last bit of advice is to Surrender. Let the medicine do it's thing. Don't fight it. Just relax and surrender to it's will, and it will be one of the best experiences of your life. Go for it! 

This is terrible advice with potentially catastrophic consequences, especially for someone who will try it for the first time. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will for someone else.

Edited by Esoteric

12 hours ago, Esoteric said:

This is terrible advice with potentially catastrophic consequences, especially for someone who will try it for the first time. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will for someone else.

Well that's like you're opinion. I find Ayahuasca to be a gentle medicine. It's not like Mushrooms or LSD where the more you take the more dangerous it can become. This was the advice that was given to me when I did my first ceremony, and I'm grateful for that advice. If you're going to do the ceremony, might as well go all in. You won't regret it. Aya doesn't have the fear or panic associated with it like say 5-MeO. There's just beauty. And it's not just my experience. Out of the hundreds of people I've done ceremonies with, every single one of them had beautiful experiences. Sure some people get confronted with their past demons, which can be hard, but even they admit that it was healing to confront. 

Thanks guys, I decided to postpone it, I have to solve other stuff this period. I think I`ll try LSD first.