herghly

Reprogramming the mind

12 posts in this topic

Has anyone successful reprogrammed their beliefs through affirmations, visualizations or other methods?

I'd like to hear about peoples experience with this.

Might sound crazy but I accidentally cured my asthma with a strong belief of it being cured 

I had this thought that running would cure my asthma, and so I started running 

I kept thinking overtime that it was getting better and better as I was running 

Until eventually I just believed that it was gone, and therefore it was gone 

I googled this and ive never read or heard of anyone doing this through running. In fact, running was my trigger for asthma but weirdly I just thought it would fix it?

Recently, I then heard Joe Dispenza teaching this and then reflected and realized that's what I had accidentally done 

So the past couple days I've been trying it on my OCD and saying "my ocd is cured" and having a strong belief of it. So far I've been able to confront my fears much better 

Edited by d0ornokey

@d0ornokey that doesn’t sound crazy. 

Did you do it daily? What was the routine like? 

Or was it more something you just repeated to yourself whenever you remember.

I started to believe that I m directly god. Infinite power. And that I do not lack of anything and that I can be or become everything I want. This and the fact that all experience will be my teacher.

My way of stopping any addictions is having a goal that makes my addiction look like stick in my wheels to Roma. 

Another methods is defying death and addiction in the face. Over abuse.

I wasn't smoking weed for avoiding pain. I started to over abuse the thing I liked and ocd on it until association with pain. ( Abuse the thing you like to the point of pain )

For limited belief I prove to me everything by working 10 times harder.

Edited by Aeris

@herghly I used to think I was always the odd-ball in any social relationship, until I realized that I was, accepted it, and then realized I wasn't the odd-ball at all.

Go full circle

- Enter your fear and you are free -

Interesting, thanks for the replies. 

I've been doing 5-10 minutes of visualization every morning. Not sure if I have got any results from it though.

Maybe it's too early

4 hours ago, herghly said:

Interesting, thanks for the replies. 

I've been doing 5-10 minutes of visualization every morning. Not sure if I have got any results from it though.

Maybe it's too early

It will come. Practice practice practice 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Harikrishnan I'm wonder if I need to do visualization for longer.

Should I aim for longer than 10 minutes a day?

1 hour ago, herghly said:

@Harikrishnan I'm wonder if I need to do visualization for longer.

Should I aim for longer than 10 minutes a day?

Do what feel good for u. How about doing 10 min in morning and 10 min before going to sleep. Do it daily everyday practice. It may take weeks or months but it will surely happen. You will live the life u visualize.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@herghly This a good video i found today explains really well

Its very simple. The mind is fed based on what you do on a daily basis.

The more you change your life from the usual, the more the pattern of life changes, the more the mind is forced to compensate thus = reality.

Go live somewhere in a completely different lifestyle than you currently do and even for a short while you will notice significant change.

You can literally become a whole new person in a matter of months. The environment changes the behaviour, the behaviour changes you/reality.

<3

B R E A T H E

Nice thread!

Has anyone successfully reprogrammed an aspect of their subconcious mind while at sleep using a (self-made) affirmation audio program? I.e. basically doing a lazy form of self-hypnosis that does not involve actively performing induction, deeping or exiting.

It is one of the methods suggested by Bruce Lipton in this video that I came across today:

I'm going to create a program based on some ideas I found in Adam Eason's book "The Science of Self-Hypnosis" and determine for myself what kind of results are possible.

I am curious if someone has got any personal experience or tips to share about this specific technique?