Carson Ford

Building confidence

4 posts in this topic

Hi all.

So recently I have been intending to build my confidence, my overall self image when talking to people. I want to be able to hold a meaningful conversation with people and also have a great sense of humor and the ability to steer the conversation in a positive and productive direction. I want to reserve my judgments of the other people and hear them out fully, understand their point of view, and then have the confidence enough to respond with my own good intentions. Mainly I want to be able to use humor as a way to attract and meet new people who I can develop genuine friendships with. A gateway into deep conversation and a joining of creative minds for a higher purpose. To wrap up, I want to speak confidently, develop a strong and confident self image where I know at all times that I am capable of anything and can strike up conversation and open myself up with anybody. 

Thank you,

Carson 

The key to confidence is massive personal experience. You must sink 1000s of hours into those things you wish to be confident about.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I've been going to bars, out in public more with the intention of handling myself in a more confident manner. I'm feeling more and more like I can walk into a space and act any way that I want, no judgments from myself. Being able to flip myself into extroversion at a whim is what I want to be able to do. Confidence in my field of choice comes from practice and mastery of it. 

General confidence is strongy linked to living with integrity and owning everything about yourself.
The more chinks in the armor you have (aka things you haven't accepted completely about yourself) the higher the likelihood of "being found out"/ being exposed. This triggers defense mechanisms which undermine confidence.