Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Omni

Transitioning From Survive Mode to Thrive Mode

8 posts in this topic

As of right now i'm currently able to pay rent on my own apartment, eat and have only a little money left over from something i used to consider just a hobby (graphic design) - i now do this full time so to a certain degree i'd say i've taken the step towards what i'd consider my life purpose, or at least a platform to expand from to find it.

How does one shift their mentality from meeting their absolute basic needs (Maslow) to a mindset where meeting the basic quota and becoming complacent is no longer something holding you back from meeting a fuller potential?

I've tried setting goals, i've tried creating a savings, i've tried putting systems in place to mitigate poor food/spending habits (which all things considered, i live frugally as is (under $1k USD month for any bills/food/etc) though i understand that this habit expands/contracts based on the amount of income the person currently has.) Nothing seems to be successful for me at this point, i'd say i'm stuck somewhere in a rutt when it comes to my financial side of life.

what are potential ways of creating the shift from just barely getting by to excelling and thriving?

@Omni Self belief. Think bigger. The tone of your post makes me question why you're doing it, you use negative language for example, you talk about what you don't want, but you don't sound convinced of what you do want. 

Try Law of Attraction work, visualisations, affirmations. Leos got some vids on this. You've got to really feel the success in every sense, not just think about it. To meet your potential you got to live like your living it right now. What is that like? Goals, systems, habits are the thinking bit- that's great but to take it to the next level you've got to feel it. 

@Nahm has written a great post on the forum on Law of Attraction, read it as well as other resources on it. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

20 hours ago, Omni said:

As of right now i'm currently able to pay rent on my own apartment, eat and have only a little money left over from something i used to consider just a hobby (graphic design) - i now do this full time so to a certain degree i'd say i've taken the step towards what i'd consider my life purpose, or at least a platform to expand from to find it.

Excellent! You wanted independence, freedom, autonomy, self sufficiency. The universe became it, you allowed it, received it. You learned to ‘chose the better thought’. 

20 hours ago, Omni said:

How does one shift their mentality from meeting their absolute basic needs (Maslow) to a mindset where meeting the basic quota and becoming complacent is no longer something holding you back from meeting a fuller potential?

No shift needed. Do more of what is already working for you. You created what you wanted - want more! Create that too! Expansion!

Dream board. Dream BIGGER now! Deeper within yourself - truest desires. Everything you can dream up - put it on the board. Create the vision. The caterpillar makes his cocoon, from which the butterfly can emerge. You’re cocoonin, create the emergence! :)

20 hours ago, Omni said:

I've tried setting goals, i've tried creating a savings, i've tried putting systems in place to mitigate poor food/spending habits (which all things considered, i live frugally as is (under $1k USD month for any bills/food/etc) though i understand that this habit expands/contracts based on the amount of income the person currently has.) Nothing seems to be successful for me at this point, i'd say i'm stuck somewhere in a rutt when it comes to my financial side of life.

Trying, efforting...necessary, but it has a ceiling, it is ultimately - limiting. To go beyond, again, continue in the manor you have been, but - fine tune, bring more of you into the mix. Print out The Emotional Scale, and hang it next to your dream board.

Proceed in the creation of this life of yours, when it gets a bit nuts - get some nature, do things you like, do what you love - just be a kid - shed ‘the seriousness of everything’. (That ain’t you ?)

Shelve that crazy Everything for a bit, let it all go - get you some Nothing, some of that sweet inner peace, that ‘everything is ok-ness’ - meditate. Let that “seriousness”, that logic, that “practicality” - fall away. 

Then, bring that Nothing back into the Everything again - but this time - you’ll have a little more sensitivity, a little more confidence, a little more knowing, and you’ll find you can fine tune the allowing: the recognition of the sensations, the ‘message’ which essentially says - ‘that thought isn’t quite in alignment with your desire, your stated wants, your life dream - choose a better feeling, more aligned, thought”.  

20 hours ago, Omni said:

what are potential ways of creating the shift from just barely getting by to excelling and thriving?

Aligning:

“This place is a dream, only a sleeper considers it real. Then death comes like dawn, and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief.” Rumi

This place is a dream. Practicality will only get you so far. Gots to Dream. 

@Surfingthewave ?? Crazy but, it’s as if this wave is big enough for all of us. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

appreciate your guys' response, this certainly may be what's needed as I generally do the opposite, though I enjoy being out in nature i don't put a lot of effort into doing it much, this along with many other things in fact.

I will certainly create a dream board and build off it as I don't realign myself enough with what i'm fundamentally doing this all for to maintain the proper path to ultimately see what i'm doing this all for.

Thank you <3

@Omni Great good luck

@Nahm It certainly is, and it's only going to get bigger so enjoy! I kept falling off for a while but lately surf is up ? 

1. Learn to say "no" - If a project isnt worth your time you have to say no to it.

2. Improve your service - As you do that you will find that you will need more money in order to fulfill your services and do your best possible -> Your income will grow.

@Omni Expand your ways of practice. Offer more, serve the world. Teach what you know. Make videos sharing what you do. Help those who want to get into it. Also, aim to become the best in the world.

Money is a consequence of your mindset. You can't make more money thinking about it in the first place. You need to improve yourself and aim high.

unborn Truth

try to keep up with your basic needs at the same time, do the consciousness work rigidly!
learn about chakra (energy centers) as well. if you'd be able to move your chakra energy from the lower part up all the way up to the heart or throat. you'd see that your struggle for survival stuff would be decreased by half! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"